South Stand: Respect

Ellafella

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sorry, I think I've missed the joke, but just to clarify, yes, I do indeed have a habit of holding doors open/offering jackets, carrying bags/heavy items etc.  Nor will you see me sat in the car park whilst the missus is inside doing the shopping.

Blame my late dad for such habits, drilled into me a good few decades ago now.

#embarassingly old fashioned  ?

I meant for anyone. It's not old fashioned it's being thoughtful. ?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

They’re women, not helpless little creatures!

Quote me where I said they are. Just saying how it used to be back in the day that's all, so don't be surprised if some older people still live by those etiquette rules. Doesn't mean they are being patronising, just how men were brought up in life before the Internet.

To this day I have never swore in front or to my mum, I'm not sure that kind of respect exists today though.

2 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Not in grownup's world, swearing in front of women and children is boorish lowlife behaviour, patronising is "Now little lady let me explain the offside rule to you again".

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

3 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I have had a seat in the West Stand since Pride park was opened, as have the friends that I go to the game with, obviously now I live in the USA the number of games I can attend is limited but I can say the following about my experiences sitting there on my padded library seat.

* In the immediate vicinity, there are a number of women and young children, mainly young girls and anyone swearing gets reminded of that fact, bad language in front of the opposite sex and children is way out of order and perpetrators need to be cautioned as to their behaviour and language,

* We do not stand throughout the match as that means that the person in the seat behind cannot see and if anyone in front of me stood and I could not see the game, they would be forcefully put in their place. standing is acceptable for applause when we score 

*A lot of the fans in my area of seats have ailments which precludes them from standing ranging from severe arthritis, replacement joints to having cancer, so sitting is vitally important to them.

* The south stand singing is sometimes amusing but occasionally crosses the line, as did the singing about Forests owner when he died which was bang out of order and disgusting.

* South standers are welcome in the west stand, but need to behave in a civilised manner and have some regard for the older fans who are regulars there.

This all sounds like pretentious snobbery to me.

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It’s got to be a wind up surely? Just for the line alone  “standing is acceptable for applause when we score” 

33 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

That’s proper Partridge ?

23 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Come on, that's the West Stand, just how it is over there, if you would prefer to stand and bounce, you would buy a ticket in the South stand, simples (That words for you @ThePrisoner)

I remember getting a ST in the North Stand the season Pride Park opened, we would get shouted at by 2 old guys behind us with kids if we stood up for a penalty.

We were all like 6ft tall 16/17 year olds blocking their view, wasn't the stand for us but that's where our parents had brought us tickets to be "safe".

That was the only season I spent in the North stand, we didn't kick up a fuss or anything, was frustrating but it was what it was.

Now days, just does't seem to the respect anymore, they don't care if they are blocking the view of people that are unable to stand, our older fans have to sit there and take the abuse if they dare to mention they cannot see the game.

Surely football is for everyone, young, old, disabled. Having different sections of the ground to cater for all is great, not snobbery.

18 minutes ago, David said:

Come on, that's the West Stand, just how it is over there, if you would prefer to stand and bounce, you would buy a ticket in the South stand, simples (That words for you @ThePrisoner)

I remember getting a ST in the North Stand the season Pride Park opened, we would get shouted at by 2 old guys behind us with kids if we stood up for a penalty.

We were all like 6ft tall 16/17 year olds blocking their view, wasn't the stand for us but that's where our parents had brought us tickets to be "safe".

That was the only season I spent in the North stand, we didn't kick up a fuss or anything, was frustrating but it was what it was.

Now days, just does't seem to the respect anymore, they don't care if they are blocking the view of people that are unable to stand, our older fans have to sit there and take the abuse if they dare to mention they cannot see the game.

Surely football is for everyone, young, old, disabled. Having different sections of the ground to cater for all is great, not snobbery.

For me, it isn't about the basic principle of respecting those around you. It's the way it's written is like a primary school teacher talking down to children, it reads very poorly, IMO. Patronising. 

15 minutes ago, David said:

It was a bit of a leg pull David. When you were down in your bunker, desperately waiting for Mel to send you a thumbs up emoji on your iPhone22, Charlotte was accusing a good many of us of snobbery in the way we were treating our Manager. I must try the south stand next time. I have been in the west stand on my last 3 visits and frankly I find more atmosphere in my Doctors waiting room.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

For me, it isn't about the basic principle of respecting those around you. It's the way it's written is like a primary school teacher talking down to children, it reads very poorly, IMO. Patronising. 

I didn't read it in that way, but if others did fair enough....not wrong though are they in that's how the West Stand is?

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It was a bit of a leg pull David. When you were down in your bunker, desperately waiting for Mel to send you a thumbs up emoji on your iPhone22, Charlotte was accusing a good many of us of snobbery in the way we were treating our Manager. I must try the south stand next time. I have been in the west stand on my last 3 visits and frankly I find more atmosphere in my Doctors waiting room.

Cracking thread it was too but sadly deleted!

Just now, David said:

I didn't read it in that way, but if others did fair enough....not wrong though are they in that's how the West Stand is?

Probably, never sat there. I don't think people need guides for sitting in a particular end of the stadium. Just respect the people you're sat around. 

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I love how you squeeze Mel in to any post regardless of the content and the point you are trying to get across, it's an admirable talent you have. You should charge him rent though as I believe the young'uns would say, he's living rent free in your head.

You would also have to be brave enough to get the car out the garage before you even think about what stand to sit in, we might have a new ground by time you're up next. ?

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Probably, never sat there. I don't think people need guides for sitting in a particular end of the stadium. Just respect the people you're sat around. 

I don't think it was written as a guide, just how it works over there. Is it any different to B4 asking everyone in the South Stand to bring scarves and sing and shout all game?