Fans not from Derbyshire...

Born in Solihull and live here. Grew up closer to Warwick so no connections to Derby. When I was allowed to play football at primary school was when I fell in love with it. Pretty much everyone I knew supported Blues including my dad and brother and they all said I had to support them. But one lad had just started supporting Derby (it was 1975 so a glory-hunter) and asked me to join him. Always wanting to be different I decided to go against the majority. So, you could say Derby's demise coincided with me starting to support them. Sorry!  Many years later though, tracing my family tree, found out that my maternal grandfather's side of the family were all from the East Midlands.

28 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

west bridgford

I hate that place.  

Some nice pubs and restaurants, but utterly ruined by the pretentiousness of the residents. 

They'd die of fright if they wondered a few hundred yards the other side of the river, and tried ordering a Negroni or Aperol Spritz from the Poets Corner.

Born just over the border in Burton where I saw Jackie Stamps playing late in his career. Dad watched the Rams in the 30`s but it was my mum who took me to games when we were in the 3rd Division North. Train to Pear Tree and Normanton before walking to the Baseball Ground.   Now in Somerset but once a Ram.......

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We seem to have a very wide mix of fans on the forum who are spread far and wide.

But how many are not actually from Derbyshire and as such how and why did your supporting of Derby County begin?

From Essex, grew up in Cornwall and now live in Shropshire. No links with Derbyshire. Started supporting the Rams as a 4 year old in 1970, just at random really. Supported both the football and cricket teams ever since through thick and thin. Never a season ticket holder but travelled home and away whilst a student in London in the mid 80s. Now it’s 120 mile round trip to home games so go as much as I can. Appreciate I am only a half fan and not as worthy as some other forum members though ??

The nearest I have lived to Derby is some 99 miles away. Moved further, and further, south over the years. It was about 67 or 68 that I started showing some interest in football (aged 7) and the old man (not a football fan) arrived home one night with 3 framed pictures, which I understand were part of a giveaway by Esso or Shell garages based on a ‘buy petrol win prizes promotion’. Could have been a Fulham or West Brom fan, but was seduced by 12 guys in white, standing in front of a green corrugated iron shed.  The picture here (middle) is not the one, but it brings back lovely memories. Up the Rams.

3C214E76-303F-45A9-A4E6-99CF559D114B.jpeg

Born and bred in Derby and lifelong Rams fan following in the footsteps of my dad. Moved to Doncaster in 1991 for work and marriage where both my sons were born - both of whom have been brought up properly as Rams fans although my youngest had a University placement over at the dark side whilst in Nottingham. Owned up to being a Ram in his interview and was still successful ??.  

Edited by Donnyram

Dad was born in raised in Matlock. He never went but my grandfather did. I was born in raised in the West Midlands, south west of Birmingham. When I got into football my dad did too and we had a season ticket together from 94-03 before I moved to Asia for 15 years. My sister and mum started to go when I left the UK and when I moved back to my home village 3 years ago i renewed my season ticket. Having worked in the management side of a professional league (never work in the business side of a sport you like!)/ covid/  behaviour of EFL (which surpasses the corruption/ nonsense i've experienced and that says a lot)/ the management of the club, my love of the sport is fast waining. But the club have a year to turn things around seeing as they have my money for another season....  

Edited by baiano27