Fans not from Derbyshire...

Born in Derby City Hospital. Grew up in Allestree and lived there until I was 28 (apart from spending 3 years in Durham at Uni). Met my now wife 10 years ago and moved to Nottingham 9 years ago, Gamston for 3 years, Bramcote for 6 years. Also worked in Derby nearly all my career of 16 years (Bombardier and R-R, and a brief stint at DB Schenker on Toton sidings). Dad and Grandad were rams, but on my Mum’s side from Manc and the North East I could’ve supported United, City or Newcastle, only ever the rams from the age of 8 (before that i was only interested in F1). Had my first season ticket aged 12 (first season in the premier league, last at the BBG) and other than a 4 year gap around uni had one ever since.

Still hoping some day we will leave Nottingham, but both my daughters have Nottingham on their passports and I’m desperately trying to and hope they will be indoctrinated to support the rams. They probably won’t share my general pro-Derby anti-Nottingham passion though because at the end of the day, sadly, for them Nottingham is home. 

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Born in Derby City Hospital. Grew up in Allestree and lived there until I was 28 (apart from spending 3 years in Durham at Uni). Met my now wife 10 years ago and moved to Nottingham 9 years ago, Gamston for 3 years, Bramcote for 6 years. Also worked in Derby nearly all my career of 16 years (Bombardier and R-R, and a brief stint at DB Schenker on Toton sidings). Dad and Grandad were rams, but on my Mum’s side from Manc and the North East I could’ve supported United, City or Newcastle, only ever the rams from the age of 8 (before that i was only interested in F1). Had my first season ticket aged 12 (first season in the premier league, last at the BBG) and other than a 4 year gap around uni had one ever since.

Still hoping some day we will leave Nottingham, but both my daughters have Nottingham on their passports and I’m desperately trying to and hope they will be indoctrinated to support the rams. They probably won’t share my general pro-Derby anti-Nottingham passion though because at the end of the day, sadly, for them Nottingham is home. 

Always a conundrum in my house, when we sing "We hate Nottingham", seeing as we both live there, and Rev Jr has known nothing else!

I sing it louder than him, to make up mind.

3 hours ago, Yani P said:

My father was best mates with Colin Boultons dad so as a very young child I went to the games..used to get loads of signed stuff (posters, shirts, boots etc) as well which luckily I still have to this day..that was enough to get me hooked.

I thought Les Green was great until Colin came along 

Born and raised on the West Sussex coast, but my Grandparents were, from Codnor Loscoe, my Grandad walked to the Kent coalfields in the 1930s to find work, and never went back! He used to talk about Derbyshire and let me read a magazine he used to get which I think was called 'ey up me duck', was a Rams fan from about 1976 first saw them at the Goldstone ground, approx 1979! Maybe it's my fault, they've done duck all since I've been a fan!!! Sorry! ??

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Always a conundrum in my house, when we sing "We hate Nottingham", seeing as we both live there, and Rev Jr has known nothing else!

I sing it louder than him, to make up mind.

I genuinely don’t like Nottingham though but i have to avoid coming across as bitter. Always resented the way govts/authorities/organisations media try to bill Nottingham as the centre of the East Midlands and the disproportionate level of investment that has resulted. All because they had a sheriff several hundred years ago and they fraudulently claimed a famous outlaw with a green cap and tights from South Yorkshire. The rivalry goes way beyond football for me and entirely up to me I would leave tomorrow…..but I quite like living with my family so will stay put probably. Worst of it is my wife is from Leics with no notts connections, but her school mates settled here after uni so she did and likes it.

I was born and bred in East Ham, East London. I should be a West Ham fan, like most of my mates and, indeed, I grew up watching the ‘ammers at the Boleyn ground.

However, my grandad had other ideas for me.

Hailing from Burton and from a family of Derby fans, he was old school, had the Derby tie, Derby tea cup, he grew my roots in the Rams and when they came to West Ham, I knew where my loyalties lay.

So, other than a dozen or so visits to the ground, I know nothing about Derby as a city; I grew up in London, migrated to Sydney and then moved back to the U.K., where in now live in Torbados, Devon.

So, I’m not from Derby, but I bleed Derby! ?

Born in Sheffield. Lived here all my life. Love the City.

Big fan of Yorkshire cricket but in the late 60s I became a fan of Brian Clough and have followed the Rams for over 50 years.

We once lost at Southampton 5-0 in the seventies, if I remember correctly, and I decided I would support Liverpool instead ( I was only young ). This lasted 2 days until I realised I was hooked on Derby. 

There are plenty of Derby fans here in the city and I love winding up my Wednesday and United friends. Not too much these days though.

Born in Burton, (Derby postcode), grew up in Uttoxeter, so Staffordshire based but always felt Derby was my spiritual home. My Dad spent the first 3 years of his life in Derby in Rowditch before being sent to live in Utch with relatives because his Dad went to war in 1939.

Me Dad ended up working at the British Rail works for 32 years, the Roundhouse and Chaddesden sidings (Pride Park) was his workplace.

A mate of me Dad started taking me to matches in 1969/70 and by 1973, at the age of 13, I had a season ticket of my own on the Popside.

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We seem to have a very wide mix of fans on the forum who are spread far and wide.

But how many are not actually from Derbyshire and as such how and why did your supporting of Derby County begin?

I’m a Londoner now living in Kent. 
All my family were Arsenal even though Millwall was more local and my hero was Charlie George and have a pic of me wearing an Arsenal shirt on my 7th birthday 

I had pics all over my wall of Charlie and in the playground before school I was always Charlie in my head in the game

The game would usually be the latest big game so Derby were quite often selected in the playground and I remember it once being Derby v Real Madrid and Charlie had now moved and once again I was playing as CG so my allegiance to Arsenal wained and I became a Ram 

I saved my paper round money and went to my first game at 15 on my own via train and that was it ….hooked ….

since then go to most games home and away sometimes by car sometimes by rail but always loud and supportive 

ps I often wonder what would’ve happened if Charlie never made the move to the Rams 

I certainly wouldn’t have clocked up the thousands of miles I’ve done but love this club and hope for better times as recently have found myself quite down about how and where we are heading COYR

Born in Mundubbera Queensland, dad was born in Derby but his mother abandoned him aged 2, and his brother while their father was fighting in WW2. They were put into a orphanage but when that was bombed they were sent to an orphanage outside of Melbourne. They were told they had no family in the UK. First heard of DCFC when they won the title in 75 and dad said that was where he was born. First went over to the UK in 2006 to start looking for relatives in Derby but as it was usually summer never got to a game. We moved over and worked out of London in 2014 and went to a Fulham  away game and got hooked with the atmosphere. Craziest time was flying over for 6 days for the Villa final.

Edited by Stagtime

Born and bred in Derby (family still live in Spondon), moved away to go to university in the early 90s, and then moved to the West Midlands, where I've lived for the last 25 years.

Family are all Rams. I was enrolled as a Junior Ram when I was two, started going to matches in the 80s, had a season ticket for a few years before uni, and I wouldn't support anyone else. 

I was born in Stevenage and have lived in nearby town of hitchin all my life. My dad was born in Derby but moved to Stockport when he was quite young, around the time Derby were a competing at the top, so as a young kid he chose to follow Derby, partly cause where he was from and partly because of success. He later moved to Milton Keynes and met my mother who’s from Luton. Funnily as Luton town are one of the local teams round here, I actually had a season ticket there with my grandma, cousin and uncle when I was 5/6 and then one day my dad asked if I fancied going to watch Derby play. Fell in love and have been a fan ever since. Still have a soft spot for Luton town but from when I first arrived at pride park, there was no going back. Up the rams!

Edited by HertsRam

Born in Derby, spent my infant years in Normanton near the BBG (Violet Street) then moved up North aged 4. 

First got into football about 9 & was told I had to be a Ram because of where I was born. Started looking out for results from 1987 after we came up into old First Division. My Grandad never really liked football but was Derby through & through...bought me a replica top when I was 10 & then got me the Match of the Day video for Derby. Was amazing seeing those old European matches & I was hooked from then on. 

Moved to Leeds 16 years ago for work...love the city, love the people but will always be a Ram. Always got my Derby top on around town, plenty of other Rams up here too. COYR

Edited by LeedsCityRam