Fans not from Derbyshire...

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

From Essex, grew up in Cornwall and now live in Shropshire. No links with Derbyshire. Started supporting the Rams as a 4 year old in 1970, just at random really. Supported both the football and cricket teams ever since through thick and thin. Never a season ticket holder but travelled home and away whilst a student in London in the mid 80s. Now it’s 120 mile round trip to home games so go as much as I can. Appreciate I am only a half fan and not as worthy as some other forum members though ??

not near Ludlow are you?

I was born in Northampton and lived just me and my mum. I fell in love with football but she had no interest at all. My uncle supported Derby and in 1988 when I was 9 he offered to take me to a Derby match and see if I liked it. Southampton away 0-0. I was hooked. Not long after he got me a season ticket.
A few years later they moved north so I was stuck not going, he would pick me up on the way to away matches like Luton and Watford etc and I appreciated it but it wasn’t enough. As soon as I was old enough to go on the train I had a season ticket again.

When I was 30 we moved to Newquay and I cancelled my season ticket thinking it was too far to drive. A couple of seasons later I decided 600 mile round trip is not too far. I now have a season ticket again and my 9 year old is as much a Derby fan as I ever was.

Born in the DRI. 

Moved to Nottingham aged 18, so have been here over half my life.

My very first night in Nottingham, I got a phone call from my dad at 4am. 

My Nova SRi had been stolen, and the police had turned up to arrest me for two robberies committed by the new owner of my car!

Then they got radioed that the car was embedded in railings after ramming two police cars, and I was no longer a suspect.

I should have took it as a sign, and insisted on moving back home from Bandit land, but alas I'm still here.

5 minutes ago, NewquayRam said:

I was born in Northampton and lived just me and my mum. I fell in love with football but she had no interest at all. My uncle supported Derby and in 1988 when I was 9 he offered to take me to a Derby match and see if I liked it. Southampton away 0-0. I was hooked. Not long after he got me a season ticket.
A few years later they moved north so I was stuck not going, he would pick me up on the way to away matches like Luton and Watford etc and I appreciated it but it wasn’t enough. As soon as I was old enough to go on the train I had a season ticket again.

When I was 30 we moved to Newquay and I cancelled my season ticket thinking it was too far to drive. A couple of seasons later I decided 600 mile round trip is not too far. I now have a season ticket again and my 9 year old is as much a Derby fan as I ever was.

Used to play against Newquay Choughs as a kid in the 70s/80s, are they still going?

45 minutes ago, Rev said:

I hate that place.  

Some nice pubs and restaurants, but utterly ruined by the pretentiousness of the residents. 

They'd die of fright if they wondered a few hundred yards the other side of the river, and tried ordering a Negroni or Aperol Spritz from the Poets Corner.

Actually it’s a lovely place to live, really handy for away days at the City ground, pretty much devoid of Red Dogs, and there are quite a few residents who actively keep the level of pretentiousness down. As for the other side off the river it’s pretty much gone soft over there and is now referred to as North Bridgford by the estate agents.

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

My father was best mates with Colin Boultons dad so as a very young child I went to the games..used to get loads of signed stuff (posters, shirts, boots etc) as well which luckily I still have to this day..that was enough to get me hooked.

Don’t say that… your DM’s will be flooded with @loweman2and @Quangy

Born in Leeds (Heaven help me!) to Derbyshire parents, who before I was five brought me back and raised me in God’s own County.  I’ve now lived at the wrong end of the A52 for thirty years however Derby is and will always be home, I have raised two sons in Nottingham who when asked where they are from will always instinctively say Derby.

Born in South Wales and no links to Derby except Derby COUNTY FC. 

began supporting Derby it 1970 when lads front Ripley worked with my dad,  they talked about this new manger Brian Clough and brought down scarves etc and the old Ram newspaper . From then on it was Derby Derby Derby... when able to drive and affordable my wife son and myself was season tickets for 15 yes at BBG. 

Now I live in Ireland and travel over min 20 games season 

So in short I'm a Welsh man living in Ireland supporting the greatest team in the world DCFC

COYR

16277658948435892920038085221933.jpg

Born and bred in South East London to a family of Millwall supporters and was a Lions fan until I moved to Leicestershire aged 11. My love of the Rams really started through going to see them with a school friend around 1981/82 and then finding out a neighbour across the road was a season ticket holder who I could travel with. It was hard being a Ram at a school full of Leicester and Forest fans in the early 80’s but I never wavered and even after moving to Oxford in 1984 I still followed them and had a season ticket for years until getting a job that involved weekend working. I still travel home and away when possible with a mate from down here and still get the same buzz on match day. I wasn’t born a Ram but will die one!

32 minutes ago, Rev said:

Born in the DRI. 

Moved to Nottingham aged 18, so have been here over half my life.

My very first night in Nottingham, I got a phone call from my dad at 4am. 

My Nova SRi had been stolen, and the police had turned up to arrest me for two robberies committed by the new owner of my car!

Then they got radioed that the car was embedded in railings after ramming two police cars, and I was no longer a suspect.

I should have took it as a sign, and insisted on moving back home from Bandit land, but alas I'm still here.

Democratic Republic of ?

Born & bred in Derby untill moved to Devon when I was 12!! I Remember since age of 3 every match day having put metal shutters up on our windows so we didn't get them smashed in the 80s as we lived right next to baseball ground, the fans singing as they walked to the ground made me want to go from such young age and still get that same feeling now after 38 years of following the mighty rams  ?

Edited by devonram1980
Bad spelling

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Born in Somerset, then lived in Calcutta and Doncaster before settling in Derby. Was a casual rams fan through the eighties. Went to Sheffield Uni and started seeing a girl who was a full on DCFC fan. We got season tickets under Jim Smith. Still got the season ticket now! (And still in Sheffield.).  

I take it you've still no longer got the girl.

Seems to be a southerly fan migration generally. To counter that, my work route took me from Derby ( after 28 years) to South Yorkshire and then to Northumberland 38 years ago.

Strange how you can’t let go irrespective of where you live. Lots of folks up here in the North East can’t understand what’s happening to our Club and ask me about the background to our present dilemma…….I can’t really help them?

2 hours ago, ScamRam said:

Born in Manchester, all family are Reds but moved to Cornwall in 1970 where there is no League team. Saw 'Arsenal 0 Derby 2' in my maths book about 9 yrs old and been hooked ever since. Moved to Worksop in 78 and first game was Nov 79 4-1 v Forest! Son and Daughter now Rams as well.

What a first game to go !!!!! I remember that game like it was yesterday. We had gone from being the best team in the land to facing relegation in 3 years.....only to find our local rivals had taken our place, those times were pretty hard to take.

That particular game was possibly one of the worst for football violence I've ever witnessed in terms of the amount of people who wanted  to actually kill each other. There was a police helicopter flying low over streets where horses and dogs were deployed to try and keep us apart....I can honestly say that before and after the game, I would not have wanted to be an away fan that day.

I grew up in South Derbyshire, spent the first 18yrs there until I went to Uni.  I then got a few jobs and moved around the country for a while before coming back 'home'.

It annoys the F. out of me that back in the day where my parents lived first born children were delivered in Ashby Hospital, which makes me Leicestershire born.  I feel dirty ?