The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

"Understand the new restrictions concerned Derby only permitted to bring loans in." I find this current restriction extremely unfair. Talks ongoing to allow freebies as well. Just 4 for now, the rest will have to wait until further restrictions are lifted.

HMRC embargo reason should be lifted soon-ish, which may ease some restriction(s), CC seems to suggest moving to a soft embargo (moving from 27 or 19 professional standard players to just 9 established players)

Talks are ongoing regarding the accounts. Possibly due to the extra £30m stadium money or the new amortisation policy.

20 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah I doubt there will be much laughing going on at this one. Might wear my bike helmet just incase things get a little frisky in there ?

Sounds like you need me to come along brother now you finally decided that cycling is cool….you will be getting yourself one of the Derby cycling tops and some Lycra shorts and we can ride to Moor Farm together. 

Right then - after several long conversations, here's where we stand with a few of Derby's issues:

Firstly, owner & exec. chairman Mel Morris will meet with the Supporter Charter Group next week to field questions.

Imagine it'll be bound by confidentiality, but it's something. 

Next - the transfer embargo.

Club are confident of overturning *some* of the new restrictions pronto. This'll (once again) allow four new additions - expected to be filled in the coming days.

Understand the new restrictions concerned Derby only permitted to bring loans in. 

Discussions are continuing with HMRC about chucking some money to the taxman - which should be done by the end of the week.

This will, in theory, relax another restriction - with talks ongoing with the EFL about further barriers being removed...... 

….which, to save Twitter space, essentially would change the status of some of Derby’s youngsters – freeing up plenty of space to add more freebies (believed to be as many as 10)

No concerns with the players on trial (at the moment) - all are happy to wait for a deal. 

Obviously the embargo itself would evaporate with submission of accounts. However, there's a stumbling block (quelle surprise ?)

Derby and EFL disagree on a certain aspect - and rather than go through protracted disputes, both are trying to sort it before publication. 

This, I guess, makes sense. Neither side want more legal battles going forward.

There is a genuine desire to improve relations between the two - but whether or not they agree remains to be seen. Obviously needs to be resolved, one way or t'other - before 18th August deadline. 

On the takeover - people are at the table, but unlike the previous two takeover attempts, business is being conducted extremely privately.

There are no concerns over cash flow in the interim and no concerns over player wages being missed again. 

So in a nutshell - an awful lot of dialogue going on. Whether they lead to anything of note is still open to debate.

Explains Rooney's "we need help from everyone" line - talks are all well and good, but action is needed.

We'll have more from 6pm on @BBCDerby this evening. 

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Youth players of any age count towards the 'professional standing' count.

The 'status of some youngsters' refers to one of two possibilities:

1. Not counting the Chorley game towards the 'professional standing' count (due to hard embargo)
  2. Moving from a hard embargo ('professional standing' rule) to a soft embargo ('established player' rule)

Yes but if we pay the HMRC the embargo type will likely change to just P&S related which then means you can have 24 'established' players...different to the current embargo regards players of 'professional standing'. 

As per the photo I have already put up, the embargo changing to established players does not include players u21 one the 30th June before the season started or with less than 5 starts, again thats different to 'professional standing' which is an appearance not just a start

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yes but if we pay the HMRC the embargo type will likely change to just P&S related which then means you can have 24 'established' players...different to the current embargo regards players of 'professional standing'. 

As per the photo I have already put up, the embargo changing to established players does not include players u21 one the 30th June before the season started or with less than 5 starts, again thats different to 'professional standing' which is an appearance not just a start

I know

It at least seems like the club are doing something in the background. However, I don't think we have anything to be positive about until we see the actual results from these things that are going on behind the scenes. 

We need to be able to put a squad together that can compete at this level. The trialists we have at the club don't allow us to do that, in my opinion. They help the situation, but ultimately until we can put enough players into our squad that will keep us in this division - at the very least - we shouldn't be punching the air in excitement. 

I'd imagine they've released this information to stop any discontent at the Betis friendly. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

A step too far for me! ? Let us know what's said. ?

Will do, unless it’s Derek from Belper phoning in, at that point I’ll turn off