The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

A good move by the club,it's vital they clear the air a little with the fans and local press.

Hopefully no punches are pulled in questioning those present either,on all of the current issues the club are having to deal with.

Let's get to the bottom of it all and we can then try and move on as one.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

I imagine there will be some tough questions asked of the club, but I hope it doesn’t deteriorate into mindless and hyperbolic ranting, aggressiveness and all round general numptiness. I’m sure the relevant groups will only send sensible people (!?) but it won’t be very constructive if heads are ruled by emotions, rather than cold hard logic.

Edited by LazloW

As positive update as I think we could realistically expect at the moment. 

The bigger question then, perhaps, is that even if we do sign 4/5/10 of the freebies we may be enabled to sign, is that enough to keep Derby County Football Club in the second tier?

Nice to ask a Football question and not a Finance question for once!

Chris Coles

@_chriscoles_

·

2h

Obviously the embargo itself would evaporate with submission of accounts. However, there's a stumbling block (quelle surprise ) Derby and EFL disagree on a certain aspect - and rather than go through protracted disputes, both are trying to sort it before publication.

############

RIGHT I see 

Edited by Curtains

Just now, Curtains said:

Chris Coles

@_chriscoles_

·

2h

Obviously the embargo itself would evaporate with submission of accounts. However, there's a stumbling block (quelle surprise ) Derby and EFL disagree on a certain aspect - and rather than go through protracted disputes, both are trying to sort it before publication.

Stadium profit i'm guessing.

34 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

A good move by the club,it's vital they clear the air a little with the fans and local press.

Hopefully no punches are pulled in questioning those present either,on all of the current issues the club are having to deal with.

Let's get to the bottom of it all and we can then try and move on as one.

I'd just caution, don't be too surprised if the answers are a disappointing mix of "don't know yet" "we're working on that" "wheels are in motion" or "that's bound by confidentiality at this point"

If there's an NDA relating to the meeting you might hear a bit more detail, but obviously, then won't be able to tell the rest of us.

20 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Stadium profit i'm guessing.

That was already agreed and signed off. I’m not sure how that can be disputed at all. I would imagine it’s one of the two methods of amortisation we can apply - and our interpretation of it. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

That was already agreed and signed off. I’m not sure how that can be disputed at all. I would imagine it’s one of the two methods of amortisation we can apply - and our interpretation of it. 

I think it’s the reported 30 odd million we had sat in this reserve account that KM alluded to 

meh seemed to think IF we could include we would be fine 

my guess is that unsurprisingly the efl are being difficult over it 

I'm not naturally in the wildly optimistic camp but if the issue re accounts is being worked on quietly behind the scenes between the DCFC and the EFL to find a submission that both are happy with then that sounds a lot more healthy than the public spats, counter spats and pithy statements that have served as our lines of communication with the EFL for a while now. Sounds at least like both are keen to put this to bed with a pre-agreed approach and statement rather than have further public antipathy and appeals. Hopefully we can find something acceptable quickly and maybe, just maybe we can all move on... who knows...

48 hours then.. ?

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I thought Pearce said it may have been £30m more than we originally stated?

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

No it’s if the profit can be allowed in the new amortisation calculation we are submitting I suspect