The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

7 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Will do, unless it’s Derek from Belper phoning in, at that point I’ll turn off 

Often think of that fella who used to ring up every week from Bristol.  Poor blokes probably living in the sewer system now with a few candles and a supply of tinned food as the locals try and hunt him down.     

My hope is that this meeting turns out to be open and fair. If Morris bullshits I would want him challenged, he and Pearce have some real questions to answer but it has to be done in the right way. A bunch of yes men around the table is not going to help.. For the record, I don’t know any of the participants, so have no idea IF they are yes men..

Direct questions, direct answers. Morris bumbling on about how ticket prices not paying the bills when not adding other revenue streams into the equation and not being challenged, pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

My hope is that this meeting turns out to be open and fair. If Morris bullshits I would want him challenged, he and Pearce have some real questions to answer but it has to be done in the right way. A bunch of yes men around the table is not going to help.. For the record, I don’t know any of the participants, so have no idea IF they are yes men..

Direct questions, direct answers. Morris bumbling on about how ticket prices not paying the bills when not adding other revenue streams into the equation and not being challenged, pathetic.

It would be good if the attendees could agree on the questions so there are no repeats and stick to the point in areas where a response should be forthcoming

don't ask questions where answers can be made generically

37 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Mate, ya can't use terms like 'open and fair' and then in the same paragraph use terms like '********', 'want him challenged', 'bumbling', etc - that's not open and fair. To be open and fair requires both sides to be open minded and listen to what the other has to say. Would you respond well to being challenged as you suggest Mel should be? I imagine not so why should he. This needs to be a sensible discussion so we understand what's gone on, what the latest is, etc. I'm not defending him, etc - just saying that you can't have it all ways.

Whenever the fans start to get disgruntled and the talk of a protest starts, you always get word from the club like this. It’s just to dampen the flames imo. Same old, same old. They will give some fancy jargon that half the fans can’t understand and then go silent until the next threat of protests. I hope I am wrong, but this seems all too familiar.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did you listen in? If so was anything of interest discussed? Ta.

Yes listened to it, not much more than what CC tweeted. They had a bloke from Rams Trust (Jim I think) he is worried that the club haven’t answered the question wether they have the funds to operate for a whole year. He was also very vocal (and quite rightly so) about no ticket availability yet for the start of the season as it’s less than 2 weeks away. The other guy on was from a DCFC blog/podcast he spoke positively about the news but was also worried about no answers on sustainability etc. 
So all in all nothing much more than we already knew with a lot of questions still to be answered that might or might not get answered  at the fans forum next week. 

14 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yes listened to it, not much more than what CC tweeted. They had a bloke from Rams Trust (Jim I think) he is worried that the club haven’t answered the question wether they have the funds to operate for a whole year. He was also very vocal (and quite rightly so) about no ticket availability yet for the start of the season as it’s less than 2 weeks away. The other guy on was from a DCFC blog/podcast he spoke positively about the news but was also worried about no answers on sustainability etc. 
So all in all nothing much more than we already knew with a lot of questions still to be answered that might or might not get answered  at the fans forum next week. 

The question is not about really having the funds, the club doesn't sit there with £25m in the account.

The question is more two pronged:

1) Will Morris continue to subsidise the short fall on a monthly basis where the club has not generated enough cash to continue to be operational.

2) Will Morris inject money that allows the club to operate beyond free transfers/loans as many fans are genuinely concerned the current team is relegation fodder (even with the trialists signed!)

Ticket availability is quite rightly a genuine question at the moment. I see such a mad rush next week. There is no reason we can't sell 33,000 seats if we wanted to, I know we won't, but there is no reason why we can't sell tickets yet.

I thought the ticket situation was a little complicated by uncertainty over capacity and potential reductions in capacity during the season?

If it is that though, it could've been communicated clearly what the policy was and would be in such eventuality.

But yes, tickets are obviously a legitimate concern.

50 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought the ticket situation was a little complicated by uncertainty over capacity and potential reductions in capacity during the season?

If it is that though, it could've been communicated clearly what the policy was and would be in such eventuality.

But yes, tickets are obviously a legitimate concern.

On the face of it, it does seem so odd that a club that needs money wouldn’t be trying to sell as many season tickets as possible. However as I mentioned on another thread, my two mates who are accountants believe it genuinely is being done so the club has a much clearer understanding game by game of our cash flow. Ie we sell 20,000 season tickets and then come October it’s lockdowns, reduced capacity or empty stadiums and then they have another whole load of admin to do and forecasting to understand what money is and isn’t available cash to the club. They did say I’m sure in the original announcement they will continue to monitor and introduce half season tickets I think pending how the situation pans out. I just think it’s a very cautious strategy and if they can still attract essentially a similar level of attendance as selling season tickets on a game by game basis then it will have paid off (obvs for example if I’d been able to buy my season ticket they would have my money for the Huddersfield and boro games which I can’t actually attend so that’s where they may lose out, although someone is going in my place, but that won’t be the case for everyone) - if stadiums do have to reduce again. Hopefully come October they will be selling second half of the season half season tickets and it will all worked out fine. 

Edited by Ramos

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Jim Wheeler from the Rams Trust who was singularly underwhelming and is obviously unable to read.  His point was that, as a season ticket holder from last year (20/21) he didn't know from the club how or whether he would be able to get tickets to go to matches because the club hadn't told him.

You can argue whether it is the correct decision or not but you only have to read the club's statement to understand how you can get a ticket for the matches and which order they are going to be sold in.  The fact it is being done online and tickets printed at home means that they can concertina the process into a much shorter timescale

4 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Jim Wheeler from the Rams Trust who was singularly underwhelming and is obviously unable to read.  His point was that, as a season ticket holder from last year (20/21) he didn't know from the club how or whether he would be able to get tickets to go to matches because the club hadn't told him.

You can argue whether it is the correct decision or not but you only have to read the club's statement to understand how you can get a ticket for the matches and which order they are going to be sold in.  The fact it is being done online and tickets printed at home means that they can concertina the process into a much shorter timescale

Get all that and agree,  I guess his point is why are they not available to print now? We all know now process the club is putting in place, the question why is it not in place now, what are they waiting for.  

21 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It at least seems like the club are doing something in the background. However, I don't think we have anything to be positive about until we see the actual results from these things that are going on behind the scenes. 

We need to be able to put a squad together that can compete at this level. The trialists we have at the club don't allow us to do that, in my opinion. They help the situation, but ultimately until we can put enough players into our squad that will keep us in this division - at the very least - we shouldn't be punching the air in excitement. 

I'd imagine they've released this information to stop any discontent at the Betis friendly. 

I think the defensive trialists probably bring enough for a mid table side.

Something more needed in forward line to be anything other than relegation battling.

18 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Get all that and agree,  I guess his point is why are they not available to print now? We all know now process the club is putting in place, the question why is it not in place now, what are they waiting for.  

If its restricted numbers then they probably won’t open all areas so some people won’t be able to print tickets for their usual seats. 

Is it more beneficial to have income from ST’s before or after a takeover? Or doesn’t it matter? 

I was just wondering whether there’s a bottom line whereby selling 10k ST’s after a takeover would allow for greater flexibility in the transfer market and subsequent P&S submissions?