The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

10 minutes ago, Tombo said:

On those who've said its very unfair that this has been put on David, I actually agree. But when the NDA was discussed, fans cried out saying "that's not fair, who wants to read the official club minutes! It'll just be all spin and PR".

So they dropped it. And people are still raging.

They 100% could not have satisfied everybody.

But to reiterate, I do feel for those who've been tasked with spreading the word because it is an enormous pressure.

'Enormous pressure' is being a neurosurgeon, a midwife delivering babies day on day out, or an ambulance driver arriving at the scene of an accident.

Enormous pressure is not worrying about whether Derby may or may not sign anyone ahead of the first game of the season or how to tell people what was said in a meeting.

People need to get a grip on reality. 

Derby have been in various messes before and come through them...fortunately they were pre twitter and fan entitlement or there would have been armageddon.

I listened to Radio Derby Sportscene at 6pm tonight - very disappointing. Jim Wheeler’s phone line dropped and, while efforts were made to reconnect, Simon Long ( podcast writer), who didn’t go to last night’s meeting, launched into a rant which told us nothing new. Jim Wheeler then came back on the line but couldn’t get a word in due to Simon Long’s rant, which was a pity because I sensed that JW had a more positive take , having been at the meeting. JW managed to say a little more before Ed Dawes wrapped up the discussion with half the programme left. Pretty much a waste of time as I was hoping for a bit more news on how the meeting went.

37 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'd put this on par with a drunk bloke I once saw in town drop his trousers in a doorway to take a crap but he didn't pull them down enough and filled his his own pants with what resembled the chocolate river in Willy Wonka - pure liquid.  Then he pulled them up and his own stench made him let loose from the other end- then he attempted to get in a taxi.

That may not have made you feel any better.

Oh Christ...

How do people let themselves get to that point?

38 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Have the attendees actually said they have to submit their reports or in our case, is it David wanting to clarify, on behalf of his forum, to ensure there are no misunderstandings prior to release? I've not seen any of the other bodies represented at the meeting indicating that they had to forward their reports before letting them out into the public domain.

This is a reflection of David’s sense of duty to the forum and to the club. If only there were more like him. This has been a farce:: 

- the club is pilloried by fans groups for lack of communication. So they try to manage the situation very sensibly - they spill the beans - carefully - to one media source, who tells us everything that can be told

- fans seem unable to understand what that are being told, or why, and they are utterly unable to comprehend that in a fast moving situation involving purchasers, EFL and HMRC they can only have limited information. But they are insistent that they get their day in Mel’s court

- what a waste of Mel’s time. He’s got purchasers to talk to, a disgruntled manager in a transfer window that he’s at war with, and he has to instruct Pearce how to deal with the EFl and HMRC. All complicated things. A club that is appropriately staffed and fit for purpose does not begin to have the bandwidth to deal with all of these things as it would want. And opening another front on fan comms with this meeting is a ridiculous use of resources. Not least because any vaguely sentient individual knows that there will be no revelations - everything the club can and wants to put out there is already out there for us to see

... and fans are up in arms because they think we are a laughing stock !! 

The bit about being the 8th best academy... I believe this is based on the number of players in the England youth setup (U16-21). In 2020 we were 9th.

=1. Chelsea (23)

=1. Man City (23)

3. Arsenal (17)

4. Tottenham (14)

5. Liverpool (13)

=6. Man United (12)

=6. West Ham (12)

8. Reading (7)

9. Derby (6)

I also believe this wouldn't include players we have sold such as Delap, Gordon, the trio to Man Utd, etc...

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The bit about being the 8th best academy... I believe this is based on the number of players in the England youth setup (U16-21). In 2020 we were 9th.

=1. Chelsea (23)

=1. Man City (23)

3. Arsenal (17)

4. Tottenham (14)

5. Liverpool (13)

=6. Man United (12)

=6. West Ham (12)

8. Reading (7)

9. Derby (6)

I also believe this wouldn't include players we have sold such as Delap, Gordon, the trio to Man Utd, etc...

Very good result for us.

45 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Rather than release their own minutes, in which obvious boardroom bias would dominate

That's not how minutes work, as I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know.

Minutes are an accurate record of what was said by all parties during a meeting.

Sure, if the club were to release them, they'd be redacted to obscure the parts an NDA would cover, but that's no different to the scenario we find ourselves in now, without the pressure to comply falling on individual attendees shoulders.

It's members of the club hierarchy abdicating responsibility for communication, which frankly should be a given, and lining up ordinary members of the public to be targeted in their place.

Gutless.

55 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'd put this on par with a drunk bloke I once saw in town drop his trousers in a doorway to take a crap but he didn't pull them down enough and filled his his own pants with what resembled the chocolate river in Willy Wonka - pure liquid.  Then he pulled them up and his own stench made him let loose from the other end- then he attempted to get in a taxi.

That may not have made you feel any better.

I remember those nights out fondly.

46 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The club is in crisis. On the eve of a new season without a squad.

Steve Nicholson regurgitates Alan Nixon's stories and the Punjabi Rams tweets. With nothing added, no investigative journalism at all.

Ed Dawes from Radio Derby is asking for mock ups of Messi in a Derby shirt.

That's our local press. The ones we should rely on to get answers.

We're a joke.

Hit the nail firmly on the head.

I think back to when both Wigan and Bolton were in their plights and how hard the local press up there fought for answers and information in those situations.

A journalist from the local press was even banned from Bolton‘s stadium for a period of time (IIRC) for probing too far. Still, they continued to fight on behalf of the supporters.

Can anyone honestly say they’d expect the same from ours? I can’t, sadly.

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I think back to when both Wigan and Bolton were in their plights and how hard the local press up there fought for answers and information in those situations.

A journalist from the local press was even banned from Bolton‘s stadium for a period of time (IIRC) for probing too far. Still, they continued to fight on behalf of the supporters.

No such thing as local sports journalism now, there's no money in it, just content providers.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The club is in crisis. On the eve of a new season without a squad.

Steve Nicholson regurgitates Alan Nixon's stories and the Punjabi Rams tweets. With nothing added, no investigative journalism at all.

Ed Dawes from Radio Derby is asking for mock ups of Messi in a Derby shirt.

That's our local press. The ones we should rely on to get answers.

We're a joke.

I was thinking exactly the same listening to excerpts from the earlier radio Derby interview and the latter one. Just absolutely 0 scrutiny being placed on an ownership that has absolutely screwed the club. 

4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I couldn't agree more. Imagine if Neil Hallam was around.

Even simple, probing journalism about stuff like the ticket office being closed and the phone lines down, let alone everything else!

I realise that newspapers, especially local ones, are pretty much dead but you would have thought that these people would be fighting for answers on our behalf. Probably too worried about frosty relations with the club / getting cut out, but getting cut out from what? They don't get anything other than anodine interviews with players saying that they 'will go again' and how the performance 'wasn't acceptable'.

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This is a reflection of David’s sense of duty to the forum and to the club. If only there were more like him. This has been a farce:: 

- the club is pilloried by fans groups for lack of communication. So they try to manage the situation very sensibly - they spill the beans - carefully - to one media source, who tells us everything that can be told

- fans seem unable to understand what that are being told, or why, and they are utterly unable to comprehend that in a fast moving situation involving purchasers, EFL and HMRC they can only have limited information. But they are insistent that they get their day in Mel’s court

- what a waste of Mel’s time. He’s got purchasers to talk to, a disgruntled manager in a transfer window that he’s at war with, and he has to instruct Pearce how to deal with the EFl and HMRC. All complicated things. A club that is appropriately staffed and fit for purpose does not begin to have the bandwidth to deal with all of these things as it would want. And opening another front on fan comms with this meeting is a ridiculous use of resources. Not least because any vaguely sentient individual knows that there will be no revelations - everything the club can and wants to put out there is already out there for us to see

... and fans are up in arms because they think we are a laughing stock !! 

Firstly the club only has to deal with these issues because Mel tried to circumvent the FFP P&S rules, this was necessary because between him and Pearce they seem to struggle to add up to £39M losses over 3 seasons.  Had Mel of had a go and tried to stay within FFP Limits, he could of reigned in the last years expenditure in the final year of the 3 year cycle, then had a go again the following 2  years.  His mismanagement of the available funds has been nothing short of a disgrace, he's been continually overspending them blames everyone else but himself and asks everyone to feel sorry for him because he's bust the DCFC Credit Card.  Trust me when the real state of the club becomes apparent and those that blindly follow him, may just wake up and smell the coffee!   

We are up in arms because we have become a complete laughing stock!!!!!

Yes, the buck stops with Mel, but I actually think a lot of the blame also needs to go on Pearce's doorstep.

As CEO, Pearce should be responsible for the day to day management of the club. He is responsible for managing the clubs finances responsibly and making sure we remain a viable business. The whole accounts fiasco is his to clean up, so is the communication with fans, so is the relationship with the EFL. Its his responsibility to ensure that players get paid on time, for making sure that contracts can and are provided to players. For making sure the strategy set by the board/ownership is implemented effectively. None of that he has done. I see nothing from his tenure as CEO to suggest he has been successful and meet whatever objectives he's been set.

I can't actually believe he's kept his job through the whole fiasco. It seems to me that Mel has had to perform the CEO position. 

3 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Firstly the club only has to deal with these issues because Mel tried to circumvent the FFP P&S rules, this was necessary because between him and Pearce they seem to struggle to add up to £39M losses over 3 seasons.  Had Mel of had a go and tried to stay within FFP Limits, he could of reigned in the last years expenditure in the final year of the 3 year cycle, then had a go again the following 2  years.  His mismanagement of the available funds has been nothing short of a disgrace, he's been continually overspending them blames everyone else but himself and asks everyone to feel sorry for him because he's bust the DCFC Credit Card.  Trust me when the real state of the club becomes apparent and those that blindly follow him, may just wake up and smell the coffee!   

We are up in arms because we have become a complete laughing stock!!!!!

I really don't think anyone is blindly following Mel anymore, at least from the fan base.

Your point doesn't become more valid the more you make it.

21 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

The DET are unwilling and incapable of doing it. 

Their only concern is cramming as many ads in to their online 'articles' as possible. No journalistic merit or integrity remains at that publication. They just want to pump out low effort copy/paste articles based on other peoples tweets.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta