The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Not really far off 

Jim Smith brought in a few journey men and promoted a promising youngster and once it gelled a bit he brought in a diamond and we went to the summit and promotion followed to the top league and more money and even better players - But we managed that without half the division receiving huge parachute payments - we can’t compete with that which is where all our financial problems stem from.

on the nail

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Totally agree Roy, just thought it was a terrible interview that didn’t give us anything. I’m looking forward to the reports from others to hopefully see some glimmers of light and clarity on what was said. 

It was a MM whitewash occasion. He sees himself as guilty for none of it by the sound of it after listening to Wheeler on RD. 

15 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

In other news I have tested positive for Covid this morning despite being double jabbed. Still deciding whether I’m going to blame MM ?

Hope you feel better soon..if it's any consolation,I felt poo for about 6 days then ok since,with 1 jab.

If your not sure who to blame,I've got a long list which might help. Start with Paterson,then through Keogh,then if your desperate Zamora

Just now, angieram said:

I got the opposite impression, Roy. It just goes to show what you hear is influenced by what you already think about a person.

Here's the RD interview for those who would like to listen for themselves. From 7.41.

I've listened thanks @angieramand I put the link up in thread.

Nothing was allowed to be said but that Morris wants out and had been trying but oh the awful time the EFL are giving him. Oh and the Academy (his legacy, is what he said when he first bought us!) is so good that we should be using it more. Why did Cocu have to go then Mel?

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not really far off 

Jim Smith brought in a few journey men and promoted a promising youngster and once it gelled a bit he brought in a diamond and we went to the summit and promotion followed to the top league and more money and even better players - But we managed that without half the division receiving huge parachute payments - we can’t compete with that which is where all our financial problems stem from.

It is still miles off. Smith bought in about 9 players that summer. We can’t bring in any. Smith bought players with some standing still. Van Der Laan was decent at Port Vale, Powell he knew from Portsmouth. We also had an experienced manager and one of the best young coaches in the game. That is miles off where we currently stand. 

Under Morris we have seen Hughes Hendrick Lowe Bogle Delap Gordon Brown Whittaker and Bennett all leave I can’t get my head around this academy comment. If we got offered a decent fee for Buchanan or sibley they’d be out the door too the bloke has consistently talked out his arse throughout his tenure.

21 minutes ago, enachops said:

I like the positivity. 

But we are miles off when Jim Smith took over.

It’s a great chance for a reset, but we can’t reset without funds to do so and an embargo paralysing our club. The fans would and will step up I’m sure. But the club haven’t treated them brilliantly these last few months. Until Morris sorts this mess out we’re going nowhere. No matter what you say about 13 years in the champ, we’re still a big club and shouldn’t be in this position. 

I think when fans get out of this mindset that are a 'big club', they might actually just sit back and enjoy the ride. 

There is absolutely nothing happening right now that would indicate that we are a big club.

We are an established Championship club

Average squad

No money

Come Saturday we will see how big our support is

We dont deserve to be in any better position than we are. The only possible reason I could think for arguing this was that QPR robbed us in the play off final but that was now 7 years ago.

9 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Anyone who slags off @David can just duck off

In another thread i said i'd prefer a forum with many varying views and opinions, but after reading this thread i think i've changed my mind.

I'm backing David to just go on a banning spree after some of the vitriol directed against him. Thought we were better than this.

7 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

Under Morris we have seen Hughes Hendrick Lowe Bogle Delap Gordon Brown Whittaker and Bennett all leave I can’t get my head around this academy comment. If we got offered a decent fee for Buchanan or sibley they’d be out the door too the bloke has consistently talked out his arse throughout his tenure.

We should have kept Gordon Brown he would sort the finances out.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

In another thread i said i'd prefer a forum with many varying views and opinions, but after reading this thread i think i've changed my mind.

I'm backing David to just go on a banning spree after some of the vitriol directed against him. Thought we were better than this.

We need a new club motto. What’s Latin for “we’re capable of failing to meet the exceptionally low standards others set for us”

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think when fans get out of this mindset that are a 'big club', they might actually just sit back and enjoy the ride. 

There is absolutely nothing happening right now that would indicate that we are a big club.

We are an established Championship club

Average squad

No money

Come Saturday we will see how big our support is

We dont deserve to be in any better position than we are. The only possible reason I could think for arguing this was that QPR robbed us in the play off final but that was now 7 years ago.

The ride won't be so enjoyable if we end up in administration.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Agreed - apart from the part about us being better than this - there are certain posters that would find things to complain about if we'd just won the Champions League.....

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Our away support is an absolute disgrace at times and we are now choosing the more remote and/or midweek games in an effort to try and keep safe from our own fans.

Why do you think that is Angie? Used to be huge fun going away didnt it 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've listened thanks @angieramand I put the link up in thread.

Nothing was allowed to be said but that Morris wants out and had been trying but oh the awful time the EFL are giving him. Oh and the Academy (his legacy, is what he said when he first bought us!) is so good that we should be using it more. Why did Cocu have to go then Mel?

Sorry, haven't seen your link. This thread is updating really quickly. 

I think we're hearing the things that are covered by the NDA so I would expect we won't hear more about the EFL dispute or the potential new owners.

Jim did say that while Mel agrees with Mel out chants, that is exactly what he wants, and that buyers would be encouraged by support rather than protests. As I had earlier made exactly this point on another thread I can't disagree to much with that! ?

3 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

The only explanation I can think of, is that while he really wants a team full of academy lads, he genuinely has no idea how to actually make it happen. The Scott Malone signing just epitomised the whole thing for me.  We had 2 promising youngsters who were on the verge of the first team (Lowe and Buchanan) and an aging, injury-prone Forsyth.  If we genuinely didn't think Lowe or Buchanan were quite ready yet, or we wanted some more reliable experienced cover there (in case Forsyth got injured again), then either get a loan in or sign someone like Byrne (relatively cheap, shortish contract etc). What you don't do is spend £3.5m and prem wages on a very average player who's not going to improve the team and just sit there burning wages and blocking the academy lads.  

The problem isn't directly down the recruitment, the managers, the academy lads themselves etc, it's a lack of vision (and the nous to implement it) from the very top.  If we genuinely wanted a team full of academy lads it should be club policy to not sign old players on big money/long contracts, to not sign expensive players where we have academy lads on the verge of breaking through, to not appoint managers that only want a team full of experienced players and so on.  You can't just throw money at the academy and expect it to work.

Mel's whole "I'm not a boss who says no" schtick (in regards to managers wanting signings) just reminds of a parent who can't say no to their child wanting sweets.  It's literally your job to say no.  Tell the manager he can't have that new left back because he already has 2 promising ones coming through. And if the manager doesn't like it, get a different manager who does.