The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

11 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I’m sure a 19 year old under developed kid who is used to playing against other under developed 19 year olds is going to do just fine against wrecking balls like Kiefer Moore and Ikpeazu 

Neil Warnocks going to be rubbing his ******* hands together at the thought of his team of mutants kicking our timid kids out of the stadium this season.

Nice one Mel 

Middlesbrough vs Andre Wisdom (if we resign him)

monstars-3.jpg

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The Academy comment is very odd. Morris bought in an untried ‘name’ (Lampard) and allowed him to spunk millions on average (at best) players, and also loaned 3 youngsters from other clubs obstructing a pathway for our own, and then he sacked Cocu who had much success in Holland bringing youngsters through, and who was giving our youngsters lots of game time. Supposedly he still owes Cocu and Co. massive compensation for terminating their contracts. You couldn’t make it up really.

Almost sounds like he has absolutely no clue what he is doing doesn’t it. That’s the Derby way though ? don’t forget Clement was our Ferguson… Morris has turned himself into an embarrassment for our football club. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The Academy comment is very odd. Morris bought in an untried ‘name’ (Lampard) and allowed him to spunk millions on average (at best) players, and also loaned 3 youngsters from other clubs obstructing a pathway for our own, and then he sacked Cocu who had much success in Holland bringing youngsters through, and who was giving our youngsters lots of game time. Supposedly he still owes Cocu and Co. massive compensation for terminating their contracts. You couldn’t make it up really.

Part of me is worried about the seemingly delusional state Mel seems to be in. Then I just move on to being fed up with the very thought of him being at the club and become cross. Then I just think that there will be a rams team playing on Saturday and I have a ticket. Not much I can do about it. Just hope he does one pronto. 

25 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

Me neither re: Twitter!

It is tedious and disheartening to read gratuitous, derogatory comments about David, or vapid assertions about the other meeting attendees being 'smug ITKs', or whatever. 

The guys & gals that attend SCGs aren't just hooked off the street by a Pride Park bouncer; a lot of hours and miles are put in by them, voluntarily, within the fanbase. Remember they love the club, too. 

I'm sure they are broadly representative, be they a forum rep, supporter club member, or 'minority / BAME' group, heritage, governance interest group, or so on - they do have the respect of the club, so we should accord similar respect to fellow fans. 

They are not beholden to 'spill the beans' and pile onto social media at anyone's beck & call, in an instant; the club requires discretion and accuracy from them, having been entrusted with sensitive information. 

The focus for us fans is surely to pull together, to be supportive  of the lads on the pitch; be defiant, in this adversity, for the players and the club? 

Make a noise of Saturday, chant player's names, not just crude anti-EFL songs (yes - I hate them too, y'know!) Channel your energy into helping the team through what we expect to be bl 00dy tough games.

There's a convoluted tangle around just about everything connected with the club - we wish it were sorted but it isn't.

Blaming and trashing all connected - and your own fan groups, isn't actually helpful IMHO.

Rant over: feel free to target me, though I'm afraid it won't solve a thing ?

C O Y R

Anyone who slags off @David can just duck off

Wasn't going to sneak a look until tomorrow.  Wished I hadn't.  What I don't get is how people who had to sign an NDA could come straight out of the meeting and post a summary on Twitter aka Punjabi Rams.  If any of that is true then honestly what a complete and utter FUBAR.

Hoping @Davidwill provide a more informed update tomorrow. Till then, need to watch some telly to calm down then bed.

14 minutes ago, cannable said:

I’ve got tickets for the fourth day at Trent Bridge Saturday and yet I know deep down I’ll write the fifty quid off to watch the hopeless poo show we are instead.

Even though I can’t be arsed anymore. I’ll still turn up. Bamfords 

I've been to the first day. It will take a lot of rain stoppages to take it to lunch on Saturday 

Just now, RIMBAUD said:

Luckily tonight’s news will have cheered you up.?

I've bought tickets for the first 4 days. Off to watch us getting outclassed again in the morning.

No signings before the game would be a disaster. I would hope any protests happen after the game though 

Just now, sage said:

I've bought tickets for the first 4 days. Off to watch us getting outclassed again in the morning.

No signings before the game would be a disaster. I would hope any protests happen after the game though 

Well enjoy tomorrow and hope England bowl well.

And the issues with the efl can be sorted. 

Might be worth joining mostyn at the Nailers/mickleover game. 

After all this I'm just behind the players and the manager even more to be honest. As much as we criticise them, they don't deserve this. Football is a short career and Mel Morris is just taking the piss. Where is the hope for this season. Completely destroying the club in front of our eyes.

32 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I’m sure a 19 year old under developed kid who is used to playing against other under developed 19 year olds is going to do just fine against wrecking balls like Kiefer Moore and Ikpeazu 

Neil Warnocks going to be rubbing his ******* hands together at the thought of his team of mutants kicking our timid kids out of the stadium this season.

Nice one Mel 

I'd back Cashin and JBrown to win more in the air than Wisdom

I’m not sure whether I feel sorry for Wayne Rooney or not. On the one hand he has been strung along like the rest of us and for his first job as a manager, he couldn’t have picked a more basket-case club.

But on the flip side, we offered the job to him on a silver platter. He had no experience, his presence undermined the former manager and we’ve rolled out the red carpet for him since day one.

Realistically, no other Championship club would touch Rooney. Why would they? Perhaps the reason he has stuck around this long and won’t quit is because without gaining experience as a number two somewhere like John Terry, we’re the best he can currently get.

Some of the language I'm seeing on twitter is beyond ridiculous. Branding Mel Morris a 'disgrace' etc is really poor imo, the club has clearly been mismanaged, it's an omnishambles at the moment, but I don't think it's appropriate nor fair to use such harsh language. Fans need to understand that there is a fundamental difference between mismanagement and having malicious intent. The sort of owners I reserve that sort of language for are people like the Oystens at Blackpool or that bloke that put Wigan into admin, not Mel Morris. 

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

If and it is a big IF, the club is about to get new owners, maybe these new owners don't want us to waste money on new players that won't be part of their plans, just to play them in 3 or 4 games, before the sale goes through?

But to have any say on what/where we waste our money etc you'd have to be a fair way down the line I'd imagine if you're having input on what we spend etc and that statement didn't sound like any parties were  

49 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Rooney should really get a shift on. What is he getting out of being here? I’m a Derby fan and I would’ve walked weeks ago. 

Mel sounds checked out to me. 

45 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think Rooney will be gone by close of play tomorrow. He’s being strung along by these bunch of charlatans, just like we are. 

Morris isn’t a football man, he just doesn’t get it. Remember his reasons for buying Derby County Football Club? Chancer, a toy to stroke his ego.  

My take is that Mel can't afford to sack Rooney so the only option if wanting to be rid of him is to make him walk. It sounds as if that might be happening. 

32 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I actually think Wassall might do a better job with all of the young players that are going to be in and around the 1st team.

I agree with this. I think Wassall is probably Mel's last hope. He deserves his chance, even if it's currently a rather poisoned chalice.