The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

10 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Finally today we are going to the hospital so my partner can be induced and give birth to our Son (in the next hour) So I won't look at this till later on but hoping for some good news and that our new little ram brings us some luck! 

COYR 

at last some good and positive news

10 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Finally today we are going to the hospital so my partner can be induced and give birth to our Son (in the next hour) So I won't look at this till later on but hoping for some good news and that our new little ram brings us some luck! 

COYR 

Tremendous news, good luck to Mrs EraniosSocks too, it will be almost as tough for her.

I just hope David's notes from the other night will contain answers to why we've not signed anyone in time (if/when it indeed comes to that). Without knowing the details, it feels like there has been plenty of time to submit accounts and pay bills to get out of this embargo. What's been the delay? For me, this is the most important information/update we need to fix the immediate problems we face. Any takeover talks aren't as critical right now.

2 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

by that logic we may as well close the forum.

Not really.  There's just no point criticising someone for doing a bad job when we don't know what job they've actually been told to do.  Morris and Rooney are in overall charge of the off-field and on-field decisions, so any criticism should be aimed at them.

Just now, cosmic said:

I just hope David's notes from the other night will contain answers to why we've not signed anyone in time (if/when it indeed comes to that). Without knowing the details, it feels like there has been plenty of time to submit accounts and pay bills to get out of this embargo. What's been the delay? For me, this is the most important information/update we need to fix the immediate problems we face. Any takeover talks aren't as critical right now.

Far as I can gather the delay is DCFC still trying to make the accounts look like we pass P&S and the EFL going err.....you didn't count that like that last time.....

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I'd refer you back to page 1 (I know it's been a long time since then)

Coles suggested that we've pre-submitted the accounts to the EFL for them to check them over before the 'officially' submit them - Top ensure that when they are submitted there's no chance of the EFL rejecting them for any reason

It's a sensible approach (I think) after the previous troubles - But leaves us at the mercy of the EFL taking their sweet time to approve them

Just a thought - Anyone think the EFL are manufacturing a points deduction here? If they wait until we've lost our first 2/3 games before allowing us to sign players it's almost as effective as a points deduction...

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

Not really.  There's just no point criticising someone for doing a bad job when we don't know what job they've actually been told to do.  Morris and Rooney are in overall charge of the off-field and on-field decisions, so any criticism should be aimed at them.

So when the club is in a complete mess financially, we can't aim any frustration in the direction of a charted accountant responsible for managing our finances?

What next? Not being allowed to discuss good/bad moments by individuals in a football match because they're only doing what the Manager asked? Or not being able to criticise Heinrich Himmler because we don't know what Hitler told him to do? 

1 minute ago, Sweetness34 said:

So when the club is in a complete mess financially, we can't aim any frustration in the direction of a charted accountant responsible for managing our finances?

What next? Not being allowed to discuss good/bad moments by individuals in a football match because they're only doing what the Manager asked? Or not being able to criticise Heinrich Himmler because we don't know what Hitler told him to do? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Far as I can gather the delay is DCFC still trying to make the accounts look like we pass P&S and the EFL going err.....you didn't count that like that last time.....

I guess that's adds additional significance to getting players in before our first game that I hadn't considered beyond this embargo. We all know if we play the kids tomorrow we technically have enough players of "professional standing" and can't sign anyone else, which is bad enough, but I always thought we'd be fine as long as we submit accounts before the transfer window closes to end the embargo. Imagine a scenario though where we do all that, don't pass P&S, and get hit with a points deduction and a full on transfer embargo meaning we can't strengthen for the remainder of the season. The squad we name tomorrow could be all we have...

30 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

COYR 

Well at least that’s one arrival to celebrate today. 

Congratulations to you and your family. 

28 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

COYR 

Good luck. Names? My money's on Mel or Melanie ?

33 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

COYR 

Best of luck to all three of you. If the baby is late maybe Andre would be the name to go for lol

35 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

COYR 

Hope you have the best day ever

It's my 6 year olds birthday today as well,she's not a massive Derby fan though ?

22 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'd refer you back to page 1 (I know it's been a long time since then)

Coles suggested that we've pre-submitted the accounts to the EFL for them to check them over before the 'officially' submit them - Top ensure that when they are submitted there's no chance of the EFL rejecting them for any reason

It's a sensible approach (I think) after the previous troubles - But leaves us at the mercy of the EFL taking their sweet time to approve them

Just a thought - Anyone think the EFL are manufacturing a points deduction here? If they wait until we've lost our first 2/3 games before allowing us to sign players it's almost as effective as a points deduction...

Exactly what I think, that £100,000 fine has made the EFL try and get us another way. 

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

So that's it? Someone uses an exaggerated example to highlight why it's ridiculous to say people shouldn't criticise (on a Forum no less) the people who are involved in leading us to this point, but you can just dismiss it because of Godwin's Law?

I'm no expert, but based on what I read about the club, what other people on this forum say, what the man himself has said on Radio Derby, let me be clear that in my personal opinion, Stephen Pearce is as much of a disgrace as Mel Morris.

But opinions can be changed. I could be wrong so feel free to present me something that suggests he's not a disgrace instead of trying to be a smartarse with links to wikipedia and I'd be happy to say I was wrong (as I was supporting Mel Morris for 5 and a half of the last 6 years)