The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Jesus... if this is true.

Nixon is just gaslighting here. He doesn't have anyone on the inside giving him info. 

He seems to indicate they have all been given zero hour contracts with their new on like they work in a Supermarket but he basically covering his own backside as he earlier reported that he knew there was a summit and nobody signing. 

His stories are no better than half the kids pretending to be agents on twitter. Might boost his followers though.

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He didn’t say it. He said (according to Jim Wheeler) that if we lose a few games at start of the season and we see protests and placards saying Mel out etc then it might put off prospective investors. Any protests won’t serve any purpose because Mel himself wants out and has been trying to get out for 2 years. 

If he has genuinely been trying to get out for the last 2 years why, during that time,has he allowed things to escalate,late payments to HMRC, late transfer payments,players not being paid on time. If he thought prospective buyers would come in, take over the club and sort the mess out in those circumstances then he must be deluded. Possibly the reason the club are waiting until the 18th until the revised accounts are submitted is his hope he would have sold up by then. When the revised accounts are revealed it might just open a new can of worms which will lead to any new buyers not touching the club with the proverbial barge pole   

2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

But this is exactly the problem with having the meeting under NDA - people will interpret and conjecture and rumour monger (or munger, whichever it is). Not saying you @Reggie Greenwood, just saying this is the natural outcome of getting a few people in a room and then have them say a few words on what went on.

For me, it just sounded like Mel wanted to tell his side, I understand the need to do that but it's a bit like when you dump the girl and she goes round telling everyone she dumped you - no good really comes of chasing after everyone trying to get them to believe your version of events. It was, as an outsider looking in, a really badly managed activity that seemed to only serve to give Mel a free counseling session.

In hindsight ( repeating myself ) minutes would have been good because so many conflicting reports / interpretations is clouding the waters. Classic Chinese whispers .

Can understand all the frustration and reactions. As I said to coconut will be interesting to see David’s take on things 

Have I understood this correctly? That we've put a bit of paper in front of all the trialists and said "sign here lads" but left the bit with how much they'll be paid blank?

If I have understood that correctly then I'm sorry but its an absolute piss take. Mel and the rest of the decision makers at the club have absolutely lost the plot.

The EFL will never accept any of it, all it will do is serve to make us look even more incompetent than we already do.

Is it just me that reads the academy comment as meaning that in the past the academy players weren’t being brought through, which left us in a worse position to keep some of the others, or to get really good money for them, rather than now?

Rooney has given a lot of them game time, as did Cocu, but before that not many were given a chance, only really Bogle.

At the time we had Lowe, but we bought Malone, who ended up not being used too much in his second year and then going out on loan through to the end of his contract, and we ended up selling Lowe for probably less than we could have got had he played more the year before, rather than having been sent out on loan to Aberdeen. In the end we sold him to let Buchanan through, which is exactly the way the academy should work, in an ideal world, but we likely would have gotten more for Lowe with more game time.

Knight probably could have broken through in the Lampard season, given how quickly he broke through the next year, but instead I think the first time we see him (on the bench) is at Leeds in the play off semi, despite IIRC having had many injuries to midfield players during the season.

3 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Is it just me that reads the academy comment as meaning that in the past the academy players weren’t being brought through, which left us in a worse position to keep some of the others, or to get really good money for them, rather than now?

Rooney has given a lot of them game time, as did Cocu, but before that not many were given a chance, only really Bogle.

At the time we had Lowe, but we bought Malone, who ended up not being used too much in his second year and then going out on loan through to the end of his contract, and we ended up selling Lowe for probably less than we could have got had he played more the year before, rather than having been sent out on loan to Aberdeen. In the end we sold him to let Buchanan through, which is exactly the way the academy should work, in an ideal world, but we likely would have gotten more for Lowe with more game time.

Knight probably could have broken through in the Lampard season, given how quickly he broke through the next year, but instead I think the first time we see him (on the bench) is at Leeds in the play off semi, despite IIRC having had many injuries to midfield players during the season.

Yes, I think that is exactly what was meant.

5 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

What do you think all handed contracts means? 

They have to actually sign them before they count as being signed players

Also - Having an employment contract with a club is NOT the same as being allowed to register that player with the EFL - We could give them open ended contracts to work in the club shop but unless the EFL approves their registrations they won't be able to play a competitive game

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Have I understood this correctly? That we've put a bit of paper in front of all the trialists and said "sign here lads" but left the bit with how much they'll be paid blank?

If I have understood that correctly then I'm sorry but its an absolute piss take. Mel and the rest of the decision makers at the club have absolutely lost the plot.

The EFL will never accept any of it, all it will do is serve to make us look even more incompetent than we already do.

I’m not sure it’s true. I can’t believe that the trialists have been here this long and not have a pretty good idea of what the contract details would be should Derby be in a position to offer one. 

If it means we have signed all the trialists ready for Saturday, that’s a good thing, right?

2 hours ago, Srg said:

It's not even half 8... give the guys chance to actually write it all out. They're not professional journalists, some of whom will have had kids to get back to, jobs to wake up to or long journeys to make. Not that easy to whack out a full account of a 4 hour meeting.

I suspect when you read what Daveo will say, and whatever the rest of them say, it will be a lot less inflammatory than what the Punjabi Rams tweeted - which with the lack of detail provided has done nothing but fan flames quite frankly.

Just hold your horses and get angry when we've seen properly what was said.

My post is not related to the lack of info so far nor am I angry.

4 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Maybe not that many weren't given a chance because they weren't good enough? Lowe in his handful of appearances here never did anything but have bad games and make basic errors in positioning, tackling and judgement. Mel's strategy has been to increase academy production, that's a high risk strategy and as last season showed it almost cost us our place in this division. This season it looks more than likely it will.

If Mel has got frustrations that the academy wasn't used more previously then he can only blame himself. He's the one who sanctioned big transfers, big loan fees and big wages for players who then didn't play because he decided to fire managers left and right.