The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

My wife won’t join me at PP because of something another fan said to her once. Still trying to get her to come. I think you should as well. There are always some crazies at matches 

I've been placed in situations where I have not felt safe on multiple occasions, e.g. I was struck in the eye by a coin at Blackburn, had a pint of beer thrown over me on the concourse at Birmingham and had a fat oaf and/or his drunken fishwife throw up over my back at Rotherham.

There are too many crazies - or I'm a binner-magnet.

For a start i don't have Twitter and i don't always agree with some comments @Davidmakes but to have a go at him is totally out of order,if what Punjabi Rams have tweeted is correct (and no thought to consider otherwise) @David is as probably as dismayed as the rest. I understand fans wanting answers and throw their frustrations at someone but @Davidis not that man.

4 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Curious the wording of the Punjabi Rams thread, "investment" as opposed to "takeover". Pretty concerned at that tbh but I'm sure we'll get more info tomorrow...

If he doesn’t like the price, Mel might retain a minority stake. Would not be a good solution, too complicated. But hey complicated is what Mel does 

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

For a start i don't have Twitter and i don't always agree with some comments @Davidmakes but to have a go at him is totally out of order,if what Punjabi Rams have tweeted is correct (and no thought to consider otherwise) @David is as probably as dismayed as the rest. I understand fans wanting answers and throw their frustrations at someone but @Davidis not that man.

I agree. This isn't David's mess and people shouldn't take the frustration out on him.

I appreciate @David and the Punjabi Rams going for us fans and sharing what they can, when they can.

16 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Curious the wording of the Punjabi Rams thread, "investment" as opposed to "takeover". Pretty concerned at that tbh but I'm sure we'll get more info tomorrow...

The Punjabi Rams have done a better job of communicating with us fans than the club have that is for sure. Let's see what tomorrow brings and what comes out including regarding investment/a take over.

42 minutes ago, David said:

Would appear a tweet I made blew up in a way I never expected tonight as some of you saw.

Needless to say many have been blocked, no time for it. 

Was never intended to be attention seeking, looking for followers or some how trying to tease fans.

There was a conversation taking place regarding the release of the minutes, thought I was being helpful by letting them know it would write ups only as no minutes were being taken. That’s it. 

I was on a train with patchy 3G signal and expected to respond to a poo ton of people.

I have started the write up on my phone, well aware even more so tonight of fan frustration, just stepped off the train now, home in 20 and honestly, I’m off to bed and if that pisses more people off, so be it. 

I would personally like to thank you for accepting the invitation (on our behalf) and taking the time to travel to PP today to attend this evenings meeting.

We all look forward to reading the notes when you get round to posting them on here.

The fact you are being subjected to abuse by keyboard warriors is astounding and sadly a sign of the times that we are living in. However, please consider that the ignorant, vile and noisy minority do not speak for me and the vast majority on here either.

COYR ? ??????

I just cannot believe that a meeting took place for 4 hours, and the highlights seem to be that there are no incomings or outgoings, Mel wishes we used more academy players and that there are interested buyers. 

I could have told everyone that without needing 3 hours and 59 minutes more and wasting people's time and money to get to the meeting. 

I'd have also done a 45 second interview with Radio Derby so not as to subject normal fans to abuse online. 

Then made anyone with a supporters number sign a NDA. And their families. 

What the duck did they do for 4 hours. Talk about Nick's massive flag? Rooney and his new mates? 

In fact I should probably start my first ever thread:

Things you can discuss with strangers that takes 4 hours. 

Edited by Norman

3 hours ago, CocuBarmyArmy said:

Some of the language I'm seeing on twitter is beyond ridiculous. Branding Mel Morris a 'disgrace' etc is really poor imo, the club has clearly been mismanaged, it's an omnishambles at the moment, but I don't think it's appropriate nor fair to use such harsh language. Fans need to understand that there is a fundamental difference between mismanagement and having malicious intent. The sort of owners I reserve that sort of language for are people like the Oystens at Blackpool or that bloke that put Wigan into admin, not Mel Morris. 

I think the word disgrace is a pretty mild adjective for Mel Morris' stewardship of the club quite frankly- I can think of far more accurate descriptors which wouldnt be allowed on a family website. 

2 hours ago, Norman said:

I just cannot believe that a meeting took place for 4 hours, and the highlights seem to be that there are no incomings or outgoings, Mel wishes we used more academy players and that there are interested buyers. 

I could have told everyone that without needing 3 hours and 59 minutes more and wasting people's time and money to get to the meeting. 

I'd have also done a 45 second interview with Radio Derby so not as to subject normal fans to abuse online. 

Then made anyone with a supporters number sign a NDA. And their families. 

What the duck did they do for 4 hours. Talk about Nick's massive flag? Rooney and his new mates? 

In fact I should probably start my first ever thread:

Things you can discuss with strangers that takes 4 hours. 

Lol this. A one fingered sloth could have typed up the summary of the 4 hour meeting as seen on Twitter in about 2 minutes. 

Beggars belief that if that's the total output of a 4 hour meeting then I feel sorry for the invitees as God only know what they must have been subjected to in the remaining time. 

5 hours ago, ram59 said:

If and it is a big IF, the club is about to get new owners, maybe these new owners don't want us to waste money on new players that won't be part of their plans, just to play them in 3 or 4 games, before the sale goes through?

This was my thought. They may not want to drop a few million on players and could perhaps be wanting to see how the academy products get on, and by January probably know whether we've got enough to stay up. Anyone coming in now is going to be hounded to put their hands in their pockets and will be instantly vilified if they don't, with no guarantee we won't be getting a points deduction or that a new player or two is going to keep up us. Seems pretty unprecedented to buy a club with only 7 senior outfield players.

I did ask before the meeting whether David would post a brief update as I knew any void would lead to the pile-on that it has, but at the same time aware that likewise little bits of information would be seized upon out of context - er hopefully, as they are worrying to say the least. 

I will wait patiently and hope they paint a better picture than the little bits we have so far. My thoughts are that it's easy being 'Uncle Mel' when everything is going well and you are splashing the cash, now the chickens are coming home to roost we will see the true measure of him and the club so I won't be rushing to criticism. 

We really are in a perilous state and I’ll be very interested in @David’s write up. Many thanks for going, David, and you don’t deserve any of the abuse you’re apparently getting.

I love this club. I loved it before Mel and I’ll love it once he’s gone. Same with Rooney. As long as there’s still a club to support, I’ll support it. I think the same applies to all reasonable Rams fans. 

Edited by Kinder

33 minutes ago, Kinder said:

We really are in a perilous state and I’ll be very interested in @David’s write up. Many thanks for going, David, and you don’t deserve any of the abuse you’re apparently getting.

I love this club. I loved it before Mel and I’ll love it once he’s gone. Same with Rooney. As long as there’s still a club to support, I’ll support it. I think the same applies to all reasonable Rams fans. 

Good post. I think we may love it a bit more when Mel is gone. (Rooney too?)

So if what I have read is correct 

we now know that there are 3 more attempts to buy the football club but they are not particularly close 

the meeting did not say we weren’t going to sign some but it did say that conversations were still ongoing with the EFL which may mean we will run out of time to sign players before Saturday 

MM is disappointed that more game time has not been given to the academy lads and believes money has been wasted on established players who actually hardly ever played. 

Have I missed anything?