The ultimate blame

Gringo

2 minutes ago, sage said:

If the title was change to 'maybe we should take some share of the blame' and the read again, it's not as 'out there' as some are suggesting. 

However....ultimate has to be Mel   

but as someone wrote, are we any different from any other fan of another club, are we that exceptional in our demands and expectations that we literal force the owner to do what he has?

I don’t Remember ever demanding signings. Sure I got excited when we were spending a lot and bringing players in because I’m a fan and thought that Mel knew what he was doing and we could afford it. It turned out Mel didn’t know what he was doing and we couldn’t afford it not sure how that is my fault.

1 minute ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Fair perspective that won't go down well with the forum because some fans want to be seen as the ones that 'make the club' rather than break it...

But it's a fair opinion from the OP.

I admire the sheer audacity, flying in the face of popular opinion and at the same time not providing any substantiation whatsoever behind any of the assertions.

A brave and novel departure.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

If the title was change to 'maybe we should take some share of the blame' and the read again, it's not as 'out there' as some are suggesting. 

However....ultimate has to be Mel   

Yes there is an argument in that we should be careful what we wish for. But is is what football fans do. They demand flashy signings, they want the glory. This is just what happens. It happens at every single club. Mel took on the club and was in a position of responsibility. He made the decisions he made. If it works out, he gets the praise. If it doesn't, he takes the blame. The way he has run the club has put us where we are now. We are in financial ruin, have no centre backs, up to our ears in EFL charges and embargos and heading for League one. The club is just a complete mess.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I admire the sheer audacity, flying in the face of popular opinion and at the same time not providing any substantiation whatsoever behind any of the assertions.

A brave and novel departure.

Much like this post then.

I’ve never demanded signings. I’ve always demanded better coaching and positive tactics. 

at Breakfast-gate, I told Mel that he shouldn’t have gone into the dressing room and undermined Clement, Mel’s response was something like “oh, so you think i should put up my money and shut up? Spend everything and have no say?”, I replied with “no, I wouldn’t care if you didn’t spend money as long as we are getting the best out of what we’ve got!”.

So OP, you’re miles wide of the mark in blaming fans for the whole situation. By all means blame the fans for ruining the feelgood factor in 2014/15 by moaning after beating Brighton 3-0, and crushing the players moods. But Mel is his own guide. 

12 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Fair perspective that won't go down well with the forum because some fans want to be seen as the ones that 'make the club' rather than break it...

But it's a fair opinion from the OP.

It’s an opinion but not a sensible one. @Dean (hick) Saunders gave a good analogy on page one.

Fans of pretty much every club in the country want their team to do well, to buy the best players and charge the lowest ticket prices, it’s human nature. It is the responsibility of those with real knowledge of the situation and consequences (financial in our case, a trip to the dentist in Dean’s example) to respond to those wishes in a sensible way. Besides which, how have “demanded” these things? I don’t remember any storming of the board room or even a strongly worded letter.

Mel Morris - spent more than was allowed, sold the stadium to try and mask the problem, hired/trusted people who haven't really delivered results (recruitment team, multiple managers, Ince family etc.), made decisions that resulted in lengthy law suits (Rush, Keogh, EFL etc.), utilised an accounting method different to the other 91 Premier League and FL clubs which lead to more problems, dealt with some dodgy people (Gabay, Alonso, the Sheikh etc.), failed with multiple takeover and investment talks, failed to pay wages on multiple occasions, has made decisions that have put us under a transfer embargo on multiple occasions and has the club in the worst state it has been in for many years.

Derby fans - wanted some signings to improve the squad (WITHOUT BREACHING FFP RULES), want to pay less than 30 quid every week for an hour and a half of football and want Mel to hurry up and move on so we can start fresh.

Sorry lads, this one is on us .... our bad

Although the post is over the top IMO, it does touch on a volatile subject matter.  The general population likes to have leaders, it is not merely sheepish behavior, it is a way of avoiding responsibility, that blame lies solely at the top, yet ultimately people whether they accept it or not, get the leaders they deserve.

The club has been run at loss for many seasons now, fans knew this, yet many found that acceptable, when it is not, but rather a clear example of bad business practices.  Mel bet on the club achieving promotion and lost that bet and the club is in dire trouble as a result, but he had many supporters of that strategy.  Outraged at the mention, or not, fans share in responsibility.