The ultimate blame

Gringo

1 minute ago, ramit said:

Because of this rude awakening i ask myself how can i be a better supporter.  We fans are a group, this group has a collective responsibility to have our priorities in order, that places the long term well being of the club at the top.  Like i wrote earlier, we are also responsible for the trust we show to our leaders.  If the leaders we trust fail, it's also on us.

But we didn’t have a choice in terms of who we trust to run the club, we did not elect them did we…

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What difference did the fans make though????

It's clear that any aspect of input from the fans on any area of the club's running has no bearing whatsoever on what the club does.

If we make responsible requests and demand transparency and then not get it, then yes, the blame lies mostly with the owner.

Er nope, never demanded any of that. Of course I have always been happy to be involved in debate about where the team's weaknesses are and players who might improve us but to say that 'the fans' have insisted on promotion at all costs is just utter nonsense I'm afraid.

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But we didn’t have a choice in terms of who we trust to run the club, we did not elect them did we…

i would much prefer clubs be at least in part owned by the fans and it's true we did not have a say, but we can choose which owner actions we support and which not.

16 minutes ago, Jayram said:

How old are you - you sound like a petulant 13 year old. The ultimate blame lies with a man who took over ownership of a debt free football club full of talented players and coaching staff and proceeded to hire and fire managers at will, splash out ludicrous amounts of cash on bang average players based on advice from a recruitment team that included his stepson and go for ‘Hollywood’ managerial appointments instead of someone who had solid experience of managing at this level. 
As for Mel running out of money believe me he’ll be ok - the £300 million plus still in his bank account should help keep the wolves from the door. On the other hand our football club is up to its eyeballs in debt because of him.

I along with thousands of others have been putting my hand in my pocket for the best part of 40 years supporting this football club while trying to bring up a family and pay a mortgage. If I had Mel’s money I’d have spent it a damn sight more sensibly than he has so I’m not taking a lecture from the likes of you about it.

The state Mel Morris has left this football club in is a disgrace. Not one single Derby County fan owes him anything other our contempt for the way he has wrecked our club. 

We weren't debt free, we had a £15m mortgage, which Mel paid off.

Replaced it with a secured loan for a similar amount on the stadium in due course.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your gist.

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

That’s like you blaming your five year old daughter for needing a filling after you gave her ice cream for years. The responsibility is with recruitment team for not buying better players. (Or keeping powder dry if only Butterfields and Blackmans, Anyas available. (Johnson was actually decent and shouldn’t be Tarred with same brush).

Just for clarity for any forum members with young children. Supervised toothbrushing twice a day for 3 minutes, with fluoride toothpaste is much more effective in preventing dental caries, than banning ice cream....

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I myself remember sharing a rather delicious bottle of Beaujolais with Mel as I gave to the green light to spending £3 million on Nick Blackman.

Indeed, I am to blame.

I remember over cigars that I was the one who demanded we sign Anya for a princely sum as it would guarantee promotion 

35 minutes ago, ramit said:

If we make responsible requests and demand transparency and then not get it, then yes, the blame lies mostly with the owner.

Surely even if we, as fans with no detailed knowledge of the clubs financial position, make irresponsible requests the blame still sits with the owner/board. It is their responsibility to ignore/turn down any such irresponsible requests (ideally with an explanation). 

46 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I along with thousands of others have been putting my hand in my pocket for the best part of 40 years supporting this football club while trying to bring up a family and pay a mortgage. If I had Mel’s money I’d have spent it a damn sight more sensibly than he has so I’m not taking a lecture from the likes of you about it.

Sanctimonious claptrap. You spent money paying for a ticket to watch the team you chose support and that's the extent of it.