The ultimate blame

Gringo

8 hours ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

So what as fans should we have done about it? Booed at Mel when we were in the stadium? Protested the signing of Blackman? Invaded the pitch when we unveiled Rooney? As others have pointed out, we didn't know the ins and outs of every deal, didn't know we'd been using a potentially non compliant amortization method, didn't know COVID was about to wipe out two years worth of ticket revenues. The only thing we as fans can be blamed for is passion in supporting the club we love. We have zero control and decision making authority.

If the party you voted for and defended runs your country into the ground, you are partly responsible.  If you trust someone who lets you down, you are responsible for that decision.  To say hindsight is a wonderful thing is just another way of saying i refuse to learn from mistakes.  Unforeseen incidents occur, especially when you cannot afford them. 

Football fans are the untouchable bunch according to many here, but i think they protest too much.  To reiterate, folks get the leaders they deserve.

1 minute ago, ramit said:

If the party you voted for and defended runs your country into the ground, you are partly responsible.  If you trust someone who lets you down, you are responsible for that decision.  To say hindsight is a wonderful thing is just another way of saying i refuse to learn from mistakes.  Unforeseen incidents occur, especially when you cannot afford them. 

Football fans are the untouchable bunch according to many here, but i think they protest too much.  To reiterate, folks get the leaders they deserve.

Nonsense.

We in no way whatsoever get any say in who owns or runs our football club. 

We're passengers, not voters.

3 minutes ago, ramit said:

That applies to Mel too

9 minutes ago, ramit said:

This is completely different. You vote for a political party. Please tell me where I could have voted for or against Mel and his decisions? Saying we'd deserve the capitulation of our club when we had absolutely no decision making authority in it's running is madness.

Are you saying the Blackpool fans deserved the Oystons? That Bury fans deserved the loss of their club? I could go on. Football is not a democracy. It's an entertainment business ran by people who want to make as much money as possible from a club that we've all got far too invested in without any actual power.

11 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The ultimate blame lies with the supporters, demanding new players twice a year, demanding seat prices to be lower and demanding promotion to the premiership whatever the cost. So the richest man in Derby has run out of cash and the will to carry on subsidizing a club where a  cohort  of supporters want him to “walk away now” and to “eff off” but are evidently not prepared to put their own hands in their pockets in any meaningful way. The facts are (for the benefit of corporal dictionary).The wages are being paid as evidenced by no new charges from the EFL, new potential signings do want to join the Rams as evidenced by the quantity of triallists, previous foot balling debts paid evidenced by the removal of that charge by the EFL, but no this is not enough, the fans want see Mel bankrupted all his money gone and living in a cardboard box under a railway arch, the loss of hundreds of millions of his personal money is not enough, he should be made to eff off so the baying rabble shout. My last word is be careful what you wish for you might get it, he or MSD would still own the stadium, wages would not be paid and more than a hundred employees of DCFC would lose their jobs and the club would be liquidated.
Would that give you satisfaction?

cutting ones nose off would appear to be the plastic surgery of choice for most on here.

Yeah that’s right it’s us fans fault that wages didn’t get paid twice and we owe Tax to HMRC yeah …all fans fault wow 

Try running the business properly!!!! 

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Yeah that’s right it’s us fans fault that wages didn’t get paid twice and we owe Tax to HMRC yeah …all fans fault wow 

Try running the business properly!!!! 

Reasonable comment at first glance .. but wind the clock back 6 or so years … How many voices were saying None league Nigel has never been given a chance because these Americans have no ambition, they just want a business. They aren’t prepared to put real money in to the club, Or we need a manager with experience and tactical know how and a track record in this league .  … blah blah blah 

8 hours ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

This is completely different. You vote for a political party. Please tell me where I could have voted for or against Mel and his decisions? Saying we'd deserve the capitulation of our club when we had absolutely no decision making authority in it's running is madness.

Are you saying the Blackpool fans deserved the Oystons? That Bury fans deserved the loss of their club? I could go on. Football is not a democracy. It's an entertainment business ran by people who want to make as much money as possible from a club that we've all got far too invested in without any actual power.

Alright, you win, i am mad, i will let you have the last word

Oh

13 minutes ago, jono said:

Reasonable comment at first glance .. but wind the clock back 6 or so years … How many voices were saying None league Nigel has never been given a chance because these Americans have no ambition, they just want a business. They aren’t prepared to put real money in to the club, Or we need a manager with experience and tactical know how and a track record in this league .  … blah blah blah 

I’m not going to sit here and blatantly lie and say I thought the Americans had ambition and money to take us where us fans would like to be but …the point is they ran the club properly and Nigel still had money to spend but just not as much as some and here is where one of Mels first problems arose 

our scouting team managed to get Buxton Brayford Martin Ward Russell Bryson Keogh Shackell Barker etc into our club and i think only 1 or 2 were just over a million 

At the time maybe some fans did think it was a lack of ambition but then years of Cloughs tenure were vitally important for this club not only were we run correctly but we also managed to attain some great talent without putting the club into jeopardy 

when Mel took over and he bought Thorne we all thought brilliant thanks Mel now with his business acumen and being a fan we have the piece of the jigsaw to finish off what Clough  created and Mac coached 

Did our recruitment team need changing ? After all look at the players they brought in ? did we need Macs lad to get involved ? 
All I’ve ever wanted from any owner of DCFC is to make sure the club is run correctly and don’t asset strip us for profit etc etc 

whatever anyone thinks Mel has tried but ultimately he is to blame for our current mess not paying your staff wages twice and not paying your taxes is inexcusable and definitely not any fault of the fans who support this club week in week out year in year out and who will still be here long after Mr Morris has departed 

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Our scouting team managed to get Buxton Brayford Martin Ward Russell Bryson Keogh Shackell Barker etc into our club and i think only 1 or 2 were just over a million 

When Mel took over and he bought Thorne we all thought brilliant thanks Mel now with his business acumen and being a fan we have the piece of the jigsaw to finish off what Clough  created and Mac coached 

Did our recruitment team need changing ? After all look at the players they brought in ? did we need Macs lad to get involved ?

Apologies for paraphrasing your post but I think there were a couple of important points. 

- our recruitment team under nigel was Simon wasn't it? Widely derided at the time I seem to recall but in hindsight.... 

- Thorne was signed the year before Mel took full control, but I suppose maybe you meant that his investment in 2014 provided the funds.... 

- I think Simon went when nigel went so the whole recruitment set up got overhauled and Chris Evans appeared around this time as coo. Don't forget that when nigel went, we moved to a head coach system rather than a manager, so a bit of infrastructure needed building. 

All that said, our recruitment /contract negotiations have been poor for several seasons and are ripe for gutting..... 

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Apologies for paraphrasing your post but I think there were a couple of important points. 

- our recruitment team under nigel was Simon wasn't it? Widely derided at the time I seem to recall but in hindsight.... 

- Thorne was signed the year before Mel took full control, but I suppose maybe you meant that his investment in 2014 provided the funds.... 

- I think Simon went when nigel went so the whole recruitment set up got overhauled and Chris Evans appeared around this time as coo. Don't forget that when nigel went, we moved to a head coach system rather than a manager, so a bit of infrastructure needed building. 

All that said, our recruitment /contract negotiations have been poor for several seasons and are ripe for gutting..... 

yes I did mean the funds to bring Thorne in on a permanent were funded by Mel  and no complaints there I thought that Mac brought him in on loan and to be fair Mac made some good loans as well 

The whole recruitment team and argument is a valid one because here lies the real problem in many ways …if we had continued to find talent without spending too big we ultimately wouldn’t be in such a mess 

I think Mels insistence on the academy being our main source of supply for the first team was good but the scouting system since Simon Cloughs days have been awful but they are still here ! This is what beggars belief for me 

it’s ok having a good academy and fair play to Mel for aiding this side of the club but I think Macs lad is still here and if so I find that incredible considering how many managers we’ve been through 

Nobody can defend Mel surely? We're probably on the brink of administration if we don't get a takeover. Let that sink in, a very stable championship side for all these seasons, surely condemned to relegation this season even if he keeps the club going as he's left us with literally no players. How does a club get in such a state without the owner being significantly to blame?  

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

I’m not going to sit here and blatantly lie and say I thought the Americans had ambition and money to take us where us fans would like to be but …the point is they ran the club properly and Nigel still had money to spend but just not as much as some and here is where one of Mels first problems arose 

our scouting team managed to get Buxton Brayford Martin Ward Russell Bryson Keogh Shackell Barker etc into our club and i think only 1 or 2 were just over a million 

At the time maybe some fans did think it was a lack of ambition but then years of Cloughs tenure were vitally important for this club not only were we run correctly but we also managed to attain some great talent without putting the club into jeopardy 

when Mel took over and he bought Thorne we all thought brilliant thanks Mel now with his business acumen and being a fan we have the piece of the jigsaw to finish off what Clough  created and Mac coached 

All I’ve ever wanted from any owner of DCFC is to make sure the club is run correctly and don’t asset strip us for profit etc etc 

whatever anyone thinks Mel has tried but ultimately he is to blame for our current mess not paying your staff wages twice and not paying your taxes is inexcusable and definitely not any fault of the fans who support this club week in week out year in year out and who will still be here long after Mr Morris has departed 

Fair enough, yet have you considered what it must have been like for those in charge when they knew that were walking a tightrope …. but had done their sums .. they thought they had the bases covered, had waded through the FPL slime and then …….. 50% of the clubs income vanishes ?

21 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The ultimate blame lies with the supporters, demanding new players twice a year, demanding seat prices to be lower and demanding promotion to the premiership whatever the cost. So the richest man in Derby has run out of cash and the will to carry on subsidizing a club where a  cohort  of supporters want him to “walk away now” and to “eff off” but are evidently not prepared to put their own hands in their pockets in any meaningful way. The facts are (for the benefit of corporal dictionary).The wages are being paid as evidenced by no new charges from the EFL, new potential signings do want to join the Rams as evidenced by the quantity of triallists, previous foot balling debts paid evidenced by the removal of that charge by the EFL, but no this is not enough, the fans want see Mel bankrupted all his money gone and living in a cardboard box under a railway arch, the loss of hundreds of millions of his personal money is not enough, he should be made to eff off so the baying rabble shout. My last word is be careful what you wish for you might get it, he or MSD would still own the stadium, wages would not be paid and more than a hundred employees of DCFC would lose their jobs and the club would be liquidated.
Would that give you satisfaction?

cutting ones nose off would appear to be the plastic surgery of choice for most on here.

Yeh but can I go on holiday to America yet?

19 hours ago, Jayram said:

How old are you - you sound like a petulant 13 year old. The ultimate blame lies with a man who took over ownership of a debt free football club full of talented players and coaching staff and proceeded to hire and fire managers at will, splash out ludicrous amounts of cash on bang average players based on advice from a recruitment team that included his stepson and go for ‘Hollywood’ managerial appointments instead of someone who had solid experience of managing at this level. 
As for Mel running out of money believe me he’ll be ok - the £300 million plus still in his bank account should help keep the wolves from the door. On the other hand our football club is up to its eyeballs in debt because of him.

I along with thousands of others have been putting my hand in my pocket for the best part of 40 years supporting this football club while trying to bring up a family and pay a mortgage. If I had Mel’s money I’d have spent it a damn sight more sensibly than he has so I’m not taking a lecture from the likes of you about it.

The state Mel Morris has left this football club in is a disgrace. Not one single Derby County fan owes him anything other our contempt for the way he has wrecked our club. 

Best post I've read on here for a while. When a takeover finally goes through Mel should be banned from ever setting foot in Pride Park. I never want to see him associated with this football club again.

4 hours ago, AGR said:

Best post I've read on here for a while. When a takeover finally goes through Mel should be banned from ever setting foot in Pride Park. I never want to see him associated with this football club again.

Even if he owns the Stadium, that would be difficult.

5 hours ago, AGR said:

Fortunately you're not in charge of who gets into PP. #COYR