Krystian Bielik

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

That’s a fair statement but calling him a flop isn’t fair in my view. 

'Flop' does suggest that he's been rubbish, which is far from the truth but his stint with us does have all the signs of a George Thorne situation. We'll all hang on to every little bit of hope, every sign of progress and then release him for nothing. In those terms 'flop' seem about right.

I’m worried he won’t play for us again to be honest. If we’re only allowed to have 23 registered players I doubt he’s registered now, and won’t be able to be registered until January.

And if we’re still in admin, someone will take a punt on him for a couple of million, even with his injuries.

He’d make such a difference to our side again, I hope we’re able to keep him.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’m worried he won’t play for us again to be honest. If we’re only allowed to have 23 registered players I doubt he’s registered now, and won’t be able to be registered until January.

And if we’re still in admin, someone will take a punt on him for a couple of million, even with his injuries.

He’d make such a difference to our side again, I hope we’re able to keep him.

I doubt we'd get that much. 

46 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

"The Poland international joined the Gunners as a highly-rated teenager when Arsene Wenger was still at the helm, but failed to make the grade in north London and departed after failing to make a single first team appearance."

Flop for Arsenal, I read it as. 

30 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

"The Poland international joined the Gunners as a highly-rated teenager when Arsene Wenger was still at the helm, but failed to make the grade in north London and departed after failing to make a single first team appearance."

Flop for Arsenal, I read it as. 

Reading it again I think your right.

If Bielik becomes available for the first team before January, won't the EFL insist we cannot extend Jagielka's contract as we were given special dispensation to go above the 23 "players of professional standing" limit because of Bielik's long-term injury - but only with a 6-month contract (until Bielik was fit)?

I suspect it's a lot more complicated than this and depends on a lot of factors, but I'm just throwing this out there in case someone knows specifically what conditions have been imposed here.

11 hours ago, Orphanram said:

Of course he is. He's hardly played. He's a great player when fully fit and playing with confidence but he needs to stay fit for a long time once he comes back if he's going to start justifying the amount we paid. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Couldn't agree more. Some folk have short memories.

Yeah, they also have an extremely negative view of everything connected with club. 

Anyone who saw Bielik play last season and still thinks we overpaid for him is having a laugh.

Whether we should have spent that kind of money is a different issue.

29 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yeah, they also have an extremely negative view of everything connected with club. 

Anyone who saw Bielik play last season and still thinks we overpaid for him is having a laugh.

Christian Bielik and George Thorne...Wow we've had some bad luck with these 2 Baby Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

It isn't a different issue. What the club spent money on and what it should have spent money on are the same issue.