Krystian Bielik

RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It isn't a different issue. What the club spent money on and what it should have spent money on are the same issue.

I think the point being given a limited budget we should not have put all our eggs in one basket , but that’s not to say we paid or will pay more than he is worth, just that we are not in a position to spend so much on one player. 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It isn't a different issue. What the club spent money on and what it should have spent money on are the same issue.

Erm... yeah... those are one and the same issue : the different issue is whether the club overpaid for a player of Bieleks quality. His injuries are another issue entirely. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Don't remember too many folk complaining about Bielik's transfer fee while he was dragging us up by our bootstraps last season. Perhaps their crystal balls were in need of recalibration?

True yet young clough would have purchased a whole team for Mac one to be successful with for the same expenditure 

Kristian and Colin back in a couple of games time will hopefully gives us much more of a cutting edge. If they can stay fit then we have no obvious weaknesses in our first eleven. We will be well covered in defence and in midfield but short of one striker and a couple of wingers 

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Kristian and Colin back in a couple of games time will hopefully gives us much more of a cutting edge. If they can stay fit then we have no obvious weaknesses in our first eleven. We will be well covered in defence and in midfield but short of one striker and a couple of wingers 

Why would either play give us more of a cutting edge? Bielik is a fantastic player who may contribute a couple of goals, but he is ultimately defensive in nature.

And whilst i love Kazim he has never been profilic either for us or anybody else. 

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Why would either play give us more of a cutting edge? Bielik is a fantastic player who may contribute a couple of goals, but he is ultimately defensive in nature.

And whilst i love Kazim he has never been profilic either for us or anybody else. 

We look a different time with those two on form. If Bielik dominates the midfield then we are on the front foot but still defensively good 

I’m not sure it matters when they’re fit….unless the embargo has changed I don’t think they can play until two other players are de-registered ie out of contract / sold.

Much will depend on :-

1. The date / length of contract the likes of Stearman / Allsop / Morrison / Jagielka / Baldock have and whether that expires on 1st January or 31st January…..

2. Whether admin means any players of value are sold on 1st January when window opens 

3. Players like Hutchinson / Brown / McDonald / Watson who are close but not really been used generate any interest from other clubs. However, again it may be the admin staff decide keeping those players on low wages and little or no sale value right now, may be favourable to getting small fees and losing large wages on other players…

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

10 hours ago, spondon_ram said:

I was happy with the price we paid for Bielik. A player of that quality could have gone for 2-3 times that by the end of his contract. Unfortunately 2 serious injuries have hampered that.

On an outside thought, had he been fully fit and we sold him last summer would we be where we are? (Admin) 

i don't think we would have been offered £30 million. ?