Krystian Bielik

RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Well we’ll find out soon enough when :-

1. Either Bielik and CKR do or don’t play prior to January. 

2. Any of the short term contracts are or aren’t renewed. 

3. Any of the current squad are moved on.

If no 1 happens and either or both do play and both no 2 (short terms are renewed) and 3 (aren’t moved on)……I’ll make you right.

But I’m pretty sure if you see Bielik or CKR play it’ll be at the expense of someone in the current 23 not in addition to.

Im certainly not surprised that the EFL squad list still shows them - they haven’t and won’t become free agents. De registering isnt the same as releasing or letting go. I’m equally not surprised that no one at the club has said as much either. As that would cause a bit of a stir and more ambiguity.

The list I linked to is the (up to)25-man playing squad we submitted to the EFL. It's not the list of players that we have registered with us, that's a completely separate list.

What will happen in January is that (assuming we are under the same type of embargo, and don't apply for or don't get dispensation again), either Baldock and Jagielka will leave or 2 others will leave in their place and we extend their contracts (or one of each).  That is irrespective of whether Bielik or CKR have played or not.  

There's also this clause, from here: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/embargoes-faqs/

image.thumb.png.2e9b2d400a9cb6bde8a9733ca704e5ef.png

So it's possible we can extend their contracts without letting anyone leave, although I suspect the EFL wouldn't allow it our case.

21 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The list I linked to is the (up to)25-man playing squad we submitted to the EFL. It's not the list of players that we have registered with us, that's a completely separate list.

I’m not sure what your point is with that then ?‍♂️

21 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

What will happen in January is that (assuming we are under the same type of embargo, and don't apply for or don't get dispensation again), either Baldock and Jagielka will leave or 2 others will leave in their place and we extend their contracts (or one of each).  That is irrespective of whether Bielik or CKR have played or not.

I’m not sure you’re saying anything different to what I have already said other than you think it’s possible CKR or Bielik can or may play before January. 

I don’t think they will. Firstly I don’t think either will be fit and secondly I don’t think there’s any way the EFL will have allowed us to circumnavigate around their own rules prohibiting us from having a squad larger than 23 players under the current embargo, by allowing us to register players to replace long term injuries that return to play before expiry of the contracts of their replacements. It’s precisely why the players concerned we’re given previously unheard of 4 month contracts!

Bottom line is we won’t know until it happens but my money is on neither CKR or Bielik playing until two other players either leave or their contracts expire OR the terms or narrow of the embargo are relaxed. 

BTW Im not ruling out a young player leaving to free up a place but it’ll depend on what interest there is in any of them. 

CKR & Bielik can play before Jan if they're fit, EFL lets us sigb 2 more due to these bein long term injuries but they were not de-registered, I dont even think that is a possibility as surely we would've de-registered youngsters like Hutchinson to free up space for signings. Our problem will be in Jan that Baldock & Jagielka's deals will run out and under the current embargo will not be able to be renewed due to the 23 man quota. However, with the admin being in discussions with HMRC hopefully that will be resolved by Jan meaning the embargo type changes and u21s dont count towards the 24 (could be 25) man squad.

Rooney said CKR will be back training the week or so after the international break but Bielik should be back training this 2nd week of the international break, he will obviously need time to gain fitness to be close to the matchday squad.

30 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

CKR & Bielik can play before Jan if they're fit

No I’m not convinced they can. I’m happy to be proven wrong but until they do my thoughts are they won’t be allowed to play…(and won’t be fit anyway). There’s no way on earth the EFL would’ve relaxed rules on the embargo just for good ol Derby to get around a self inflicted problem and allow ‘extra’ signings without first having medical evidence to confirm that they would not be available for selection.

Talk about having the wool pulled over your eyes! Does anyone think the EFL are allowing us to do that to them!

I dont even think that is a possibility as surely we would've de-registered youngsters like Hutchinson to free up space for signings

It (de registering) can be done but clearly firstly the player would need to agree to it  (why would he unless long term injured with assurances of post injury re registering) and the EFL would need to have good reason to allow it to happen. You can’t simply pick healthy fit contracted players to jettison just so you can sign others!! 

Our problem will be in Jan that Baldock & Jagielka's deals will run out and under the current embargo will not be able to be renewed due to the 23 man quota.

Or Morrison’s or Stearmans (or possibly Allsop’s?) 

Rooney said CKR will be back training the week or so after the international break but Bielik should be back training this 2nd week of the international break, he will obviously need time to gain fitness to be close to the matchday squad.

Back training means nothing in terms of being fit to play. Bielik was back training just weeks after his surgery…that doesn’t mean he’s back training! 

They get you out out of bed hours after a knee replacement and have you walking around - that’s back training in some form!

I thought what Rooney actually said was he hoped he’d be back training and that they’d see where he was after the break.

There will be a process following even the slightest injuries of Rehab - Gym - strength - outdoor work - outdoor fitness - multidirectional football specific - full fitness - join in with the group non contact - full contact training - Am I match ready!

I would suggest neither are even at the full fitness training part.

However, with the admin being in discussions with HMRC hopefully that will be resolved by Jan meaning the embargo type changes and u21s dont count towards the 24 (could be 25) man squad.

This is the most likely outcome

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

18 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

No I’m not convinced they can. I’m happy to be proven wrong but until they do my thoughts are they won’t be allowed to play…(and won’t be fit anyway). There’s no way on earth the EFL would’ve relaxed rules on the embargo just for good ol Derby to get around a self inflicted problem and allow ‘extra’ signings without first having medical evidence to confirm that they would not be available for selection.

Talk about having the wool pulled over your eyes! Does anyone think the EFL are allowing us to do that to them!

It (de registering) can be done but clearly firstly the player would need to agree to it  (why would he unless long term injured with assurances of post injury re registering) and the EFL would need to have good reason to allow it to happen. You can’t simply pick healthy fit contracted players to jettison just so you can sign others!! 

Back training means nothing in terms of being fit to play. Bielik was back training just weeks after his surgery…that doesn’t mean he’s back training! 

They get you out out of bed hours after a knee replacement and have you walking around - that’s back training in some form!

I thought what Rooney actually said was he hoped he’d be back training and that they’d see where he was after the break.

There will be a process following even the slightest injuries of Rehab - Gym - strength - outdoor work - outdoor fitness - multidirectional football specific - full fitness - join in with the group non contact - full contact training - Am I match ready!

We will have to wait & see regards to if they can play or not, I think they csn, you dont

Pretty sure only Jagielka & Baldock were deals until Jan? The rest were until the summer.

23 players of 'Professional Standing is the maximum number that a club can "staff up" to. If a club already has .23 players of professional standing, it can't bring any further players into the squad, but there's no regulation that says if a L/T injured player is fit again, the club has to get rid of another player if they want to use them.

I'm sure Steve Gibson will be on it like a car bonnet though if we try it.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

23 players of 'Professional Standing is the maximum number that a club can "staff up" to. If a club already has .23 players of professional standing, it can't bring any further players into the squad, but there's no regulation that says if a L/T injured player is fit again, the club has to get rid of another player if they want to use them.

I'm sure Steve Gibson will be on it like a car bonnet though if we try it.

This was my interpretation as well. Also, listening to Rooney I expect Kazim back in the next 3 or 4 weeks. Not so much Bielik. I wonder if he himself will be more cautious this time round after doing it again. God I hope he can stay fit once he’s back 

On 12/10/2021 at 18:02, Ravabeerbelly said:

Rooney stating there is an outside chance of CKR being involved vs Coventry next Saturday,  if he isn't able to play until Jan I don't think Rooney would say this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Sean said:

Hoping he makes the bench for Saturday, even if he doesn't make it onto the pitch yet it could be a real psychological boost to see him on a team sheet.

Can't believe he's only just turned 24!

Good shout that. Even for a run up and down the touch line. Fans seeing him in a kit on Saturday be an extra boost!