Krystian Bielik

RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Do you have to be so relentlessly cheery? 

It’s the reality of the current situation. I’ll be very surprised if we don’t get hit with a further points deduction that will almost certainly mean relegation. 
I hope that I’m proved incorrect, however if it happens some of our players will see their futures elsewhere. 

I might have dreamt this but I'm sure Rooney has said Bielik could be back as early as next week?! Huge boost if true, as I don't think any of us were expecting to see him until January.

If he improves our overall performance on the pitch by even 5% I think we will be comfortably out of the relegation zone by Christmas.

Just now, Redshaw_Ram said:

I might have dreamt this but I'm sure Rooney has said Bielik could be back as early as next week?! Huge boost if true, as I don't think any of us were expecting to see him until January.

If he improves our overall performance on the pitch by even 5% I think we will be comfortably out of the relegation zone by Christmas.

Finger crossed (and everything else)

3 minutes ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

I think him & CKR are due to resume full training in the next couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

He did say something along those lines but, I wonder if what he meant to say is, he'd be back involved in some way with training with the squad rather than actually playing.

Is he even allowed to play? With the 23 registered players, I’d have assumed he’d be omitted from that list?

We were allowed to sign Baldock until January after CKR was injured, suggesting CKR can be re-registered in January if Baldock is released.

I’d guess the same would apply for Bielik.

1 hour ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

I think you dreamt it....he might be back with the group but weeks away from being fit enough to play....

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Is he even allowed to play? With the 23 registered players, I’d have assumed he’d be omitted from that list?

We were allowed to sign Baldock until January after CKR was injured, suggesting CKR can be re-registered in January if Baldock is released.

I’d guess the same would apply for Bielik.

There is no "list" of 23.  We can play anyone who is currently registered at the club, including Bielik and CKR.  What we can't do is sign more players when we already have 23 or more players of professional standing in the squad. 

There is a separate list of 25 players that every club has to submit to the EFL prior to the season (for the homegrown player rules etc). That list doesn't include U21 players.  We currently only have 16 players registered (including Bielik, CKR, Jagielka and Baldock).

I think you are wrong on that.

There is / was a restriction on us registering new players that would take us over the squad limit of 23 that was in place due to the embargo. 

CKR and Bieliks injuries gave us the opportunity to effectively ‘de-register’ them as players to slow us to make short term contract signings such as Jagielka ans lad Baldock on the basis that CKR and Bielik would not be available until January when those short term contracts were due to expire.

I think you may find in January trying to re-register those players or renewing the contracts of those signed on short term deals will give us a problem in respect of the terms of the current embargo. 

47 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

There is no "list" of 23.  We can play anyone who is currently registered at the club, including Bielik and CKR.  What we can't do is sign more players when we already have 23 or more players of professional standing in the squad. 

There is a separate list of 25 players that every club has to submit to the EFL prior to the season (for the homegrown player rules etc). That list doesn't include U21 players.  We currently only have 16 players registered (including Bielik, CKR, Jagielka and Baldock).

don't think we can..we can't play cashin  for instance..

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I think you are wrong on that.

There is / was a restriction on us registering new players that would take us over the squad limit of 23 that was in place due to the embargo. 

CKR and Bieliks injuries gave us the opportunity to effectively ‘de-register’ them as players to slow us to make short term contract signings such as Jagielka ans lad Baldock on the basis that CKR and Bielik would not be available until January when those short term contracts were due to expire.

I think you may find in January trying to re-register those players or renewing the contracts of those signed on short term deals will give us a problem in respect of the terms of the current embargo. 

I'm 99% sure I'm right on this. The only restriction is on registering new players - i.e. transferring their registration from another club (or from free agency) to ours.  It's nothing to do with the team-selection side of things.  We didn't "de-register" anyone, we got special dispensation to register a 24th and 25th player of professional standing over and above the 23 allowed by the embargo rules.  Bielik and CKR are both currently registered as our players, and are listed on the official playing squad that the EFL have for us (page 46 in here: https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c5d1297ad65c49c6bac4ae0e69c6b48e/squad-list-publication-report-2021-22---08.09.2021.pdf).  They can play as soon as they are fit.  Rooney is also clearly saying this when he talks about CKR potentially being available in the next few weeks (can't remember exactly what he said, but he clearly implies he can play before January).

We may well have trouble in January extending their contracts of Jagielka and Baldock, but that's because we are currently over the 23-player threshold under the embargo rules, and the EFL may not be willing to extend the special dispensation if Bielik and CKR are fit again.  We'll probably have to move a couple of the current players on, if we're still under an embargo.

50 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

don't think we can..we can't play cashin  for instance..

We absolutely can play Cashin. We are choosing not to because he would then become a player of professional standing and count towards any potential embargo restrictions if we try to sign new players or extend contracts in January.

13 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm 99% sure I'm right on this. The only restriction is on registering new players - i.e. transferring their registration from another club (or from free agency) to ours.  It's nothing to do with the team-selection side of things.  We didn't "de-register" anyone, we got special dispensation to register a 24th and 25th player of professional standing over and above the 23 allowed by the embargo rules.  Bielik and CKR are both currently registered as our players, and are listed on the official playing squad that the EFL have for us (page 46 in here: https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c5d1297ad65c49c6bac4ae0e69c6b48e/squad-list-publication-report-2021-22---08.09.2021.pdf).  They can play as soon as they are fit.  Rooney is also clearly saying this when he talks about CKR potentially being available in the next few weeks (can't remember exactly what he said, but he clearly implies he can play before January).

We may well have trouble in January extending their contracts of Jagielka and Baldock, but that's because we are currently over the 23-player threshold under the embargo rules, and the EFL may not be willing to extend the special dispensation if Bielik and CKR are fit again.  We'll probably have to move a couple of the current players on, if we're still under an embargo.

We absolutely can play Cashin. We are choosing not to because he would then become a player of professional standing and count towards any potential embargo restrictions if we try to sign new players or extend contracts in January.

Which is exactly why Rooney has said on more than one occasion he's gutted for the kid. All about the bigger picture. 

Well we’ll find out soon enough when :-

1. Either Bielik and CKR do or don’t play prior to January. 

2. Any of the short term contracts are or aren’t renewed. 

3. Any of the current squad are moved on.

If no 1 happens and either or both do play and both no 2 (short terms are renewed) and 3 (aren’t moved on)……I’ll make you right.

But I’m pretty sure if you see Bielik or CKR play it’ll be at the expense of someone in the current 23 not in addition to.

Im certainly not surprised that the EFL squad list still shows them - they haven’t and won’t become free agents. De registering isnt the same as releasing or letting go. I’m equally not surprised that no one at the club has said as much either. As that would cause a bit of a stir and more ambiguity.

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

Hopefully the embargo can change its type by January then