Krystian Bielik

RoyMac5

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Injured 13/01/2020
First game back 07/11/2020
Second game 01/12/2020

Injured 30/01/2021

The stat missing from the list is at what point was he fit enough to play 90 mins. 

I seem to remember the consensus view on here was 7/11 was too soon and was an act of desperation by Cocu to save his regime. 

I'm still thinking end of 2021 calendar year feels about right to be a starter. 

14 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The stat missing from the list is at what point was he fit enough to play 90 mins. 

I seem to remember the consensus view on here was 7/11 was too soon and was an act of desperation by Cocu to save his regime. 

I'm still thinking end of 2021 calendar year feels about right to be a starter. 

Yeah, he missed 3 games following that first full 90 at CB. Then he came in at DM for Rooney's 2nd game and continued to play the full 90

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, rams_man said:

I'm sure Falcao has also had 3 ACL injuries and been ok. I think Pires also had multiple ACL injuries.

So I agree with Duracell, its not the end for Bielik. Why do people have to be so negative.

Because I remember Junior, who'd previously been instrumental in keeping Burley's side up, getting an ACL at forest and he never came back properly and I was gutted.

I suspect there's a whole ton of intricate things which affect the injury and recovery and whilst they're always significant injuries, there's no real way to tell how each payer is going to recover each time. And it's pretty easy to be negetive about anything to do with DCFC right now.

Hopefully, he recovers well and goes on to be an great player for us and stays fit.

5 minutes ago, rams_man said:

I'm sure Falcao has also had 3 ACL injuries and been ok. I think Pires also had multiple ACL injuries.

So I agree with Duracell, its not the end for Bielik. Why do people have to be so negative.

Medical progress, you can come back from an ACL and be fine, even multiple times. People like to point to George Thorne, but it was the broken leg that finished him, you can’t account for something like that.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Medical progress, you can come back from an ACL and be fine, even multiple times. People like to point to George Thorne, but it was the broken leg that finished him, you can’t account for something like that.

Even then it was a combination of a leg break with a lot of unlucky complications following it.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Because I remember Junior, who'd previously been instrumental in keeping Burley's side up, getting an ACL at forest and he never came back properly and I was gutted.

I suspect there's a whole ton of intricate things which affect the injury and recovery and whilst they're always significant injuries, there's no real way to tell how each payer is going to recover each time. And it's pretty easy to be negetive about anything to do with DCFC right now.

Hopefully, he recovers well and goes on to be an great player for us and stays fit.

I agree there is a lot of negative stuff around the club right now, I just think as fans we don't need to add un-needed negative stuff.

Don't be happy clappers or doom merchants be in the middle ??

14 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It would be criminal to play him as a centre back

I agree. But I wouldn't risk DM in our predicament until he had been fit for a good 3 to 6 months. 

We just need him on the pitch. He's a beast at defensive and offensive set pieces too. 

Edited by Norman

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Until He goe's on a free transfer? 

When he's back I wouldn't mind him being eased back in gently in a back 3 with wing backs with a licence to roam forward Stimac style. He could ping passes to our attacking full backs. 

Roos

Davies.  Bielik. Stearman. 

Ebosele.        Shinnie        Buchanan 

Watson. Lawrence. Sibley. 

CKR     

You could play a front 2 with Stretton up top if you were to drop one of the supporting 3 behind Richards. 

13 hours ago, Norman said:

An ACL for someone like Bielik isn't the end. Or two of them. 

I'd stick him at CB from now on. Probably best in a 3 with license for him to carry the ball more. 

Still would be a brilliant player at this level. 

Nooooo....need him to dominate and control the midfield......

54 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Nooooo....need him to dominate and control the midfield......

Obviously that's his best position, you'd be stupid not to think it isn't. 

I just think he'd be better off as a CB when he comes back. He's going to pick up all kinds of niggles. He will have played about 15 games in 2 years. His body isn't going to be ready for the running required in midfield. 

Only my completely unqualified opinion.