Krystian Bielik

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Some people laughed at this. But last season he played what,  less than a third of the season,  and was arguably the reason we stayed up.

Yeah, it's no coincidence that we picked up all those points while he was in the side and then started losing again when he was injured. You could see the impact he had just by the way the team played. We looked a decent outfit for a time. 

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Yeah, it's no coincidence that we picked up all those points while he was in the side and then started losing again when he was injured. You could see the impact he had just by the way the team played. We looked a decent outfit for a time. 

We averaged 1.75 points per game when he started last season, which would work out at 80 points over the course of a season. If we get half a season out of him, it would equate to 40 points for that half alone, nearly our total for the whole of last season.

16 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

About 12 months after the injury - that was the first time round. So end of 2021 ish. 

I was thinking he could be back a bit sooner than we originally thought, but maybe I am being overly optimistic.

45 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hell be on the bench and getting minutes a few weeks ahead of that. 

My estimate was for him to be starting games and be at full tilt. 

We’ve really got to be cautious this time around, it’s fairly obvious we overplayed him last season due to the fact we were in such a perilous position. He and we really can’t afford for him to have a recurrence of the same injury, it could well be career ending.

4 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

We’ve really got to be cautious this time around, it’s fairly obvious we overplayed him last season due to the fact we were in such a perilous position. He and we really can’t afford for him to have a recurrence of the same injury, it could well be career ending.

Nailed it for me this comment.  

Whilst the player might be happy to play when brought back into the side they have to be managed.  I remember Ipswich away and Thorne was back and showed more than a few glimpses of his old self.  He wasn't battle hardened to the Championship but we continued to play him and it shouldn't have come as a surprise that his form suffered and further injuries occured.  

It could be argued it would have happened anyway, but they need to be managed carefully especially being such an important asset.

I have had an ACL myself and you are never quite the same. 

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace.  

Edited by GangwayD

Hope we get a injury-free season from him where he bosses the league so we can demand a decent fee for him in the summer. He deserves to be a better club at this point in his career. Can't be scrapping around the lower-half of the table in the Championship. 

Edited by desirelines

On 19/07/2021 at 12:26, Rammy03 said:

The signings of Bielik and Jozwiak are exactly the right sort we should be looking at in the future. They are exactly the right profile, young, good potential, right attitude to improve, high resale value, internationals. This is what we should have been doing 6 years ago.

I bloody love Bielik but I think the right kind of signings we should be making are several million pounds cheaper.