Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

17 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

Not fully defending Mel here but we don’t know it’s 100% stubbornness etc from just his side? We know the contracts are one year deals with a capped salary, is there a chance Ravel didn’t agree to those terms until after the deadline had passed? 

I suspect he went away to have a think about his “options”. I watched him in the dugout after he came off v Betis and he was all smiles and chatting away to fellow players. Perhaps he re-considered the offer and decided to go for it after some initial reluctance? 

8 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Huddersfield are also one of the favourites to go down though

Over the course of the whole season not after playing one game, and the first one at that! If they keep that energy and style of play up I think that assessment will be revised, but will they.

Edited by RoyMac5

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I suspect he went away to have a think about his “options”. I watched him in the dugout after he came off v Betis and he was all smiles and chatting away to fellow players. Perhaps he re-considered the offer and decided to go for it after some initial reluctance? 

I suspect he did, do I sign on as unemployed or get a very decent wage and prove himself as a footballer and if he did well obviously progress either elsewhere or here on more money in the future. The major thing being Derby county is a big football club in this country and he might never get an opportunity like this ever again if he walked away.

Well, I was thinking the problem was attracting aging mercenaries,  but I guess by todays standards in football £4.5k pw isnt much, so maybe he does feel it's time to show some skills in hope of a better day... he is only 28 after all, so fingers crossed 

Edited by nfb
Spelling

17 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Wouldn't have ravel in the holding midfield roll though

My first 11 with current players and everyone fit would be 

Roos.      Byrne, Stearman, Davies, Buchanon.         Bielik, Morrison, Sibley.    Lawrence, Kazim-Richards, Joswiak.

For now id have Shinnie in the holding role, with Watson & Bird coming in when we have injuries to morrison and sibley, would never play Lawrence in the middle.

5 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

My first 11 with current players and everyone fit would be 

Roos.      Byrne, Stearman, Davies, Buchanon.         Bielik, Morrison, Sibley.    Lawrence, Kazim-Richards, Joswiak.

For now id have Shinnie in the holding role, with Watson & Bird coming in when we have injuries to morrison and sibley, would never play Lawrence in the middle.

A flat 4-3-3? With beilik back I'd go with that 

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

A flat 4-3-3? With beilik back I'd go with that 

Yeah maybe Bielik just ever so slightly deeper but yeah 4-3-3 i hate playing 4-2-3-1 its far too defensive and IMO partly why we didnt score enough last year because our players are too deep to effect things in opponents half