Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Things must be bad if people are going to be upset we're not going to sign Ravel Morrisson of all people! I'd rather play Sibley.

That's thing isn't it. Morrison is a talented player but is historically unreliable and we not only have Sibley but also Watson who's looked promising in that position.

Rooney must have seen enough in Morrison to have had him training with us for the last few weeks. Morrison wouldn’t have been triaining with us without reassurances that a contract would be on the table at some point. So whatever has Happened today just highlights yet again how much of a mess we really are in at the minute. I’ll continue to go to the games etc but I’m not going to lie…..I’m worried 

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That's thing isn't it. Morrison is a talented player but is historically unreliable and we not only have Sibley but also Watson who's looked promising in that position.

If Morrison wants to play (and to grab what is more than likely his last chance of playing at any sort of decent level), then quality wise he's a way better player than either Sibley or Watson at this point in their careers (possibly ever depending how they develop). If he's not committed, then he'll be a waste of a contract. Think we have to trust Rooney to decide what state of mind Morrison is in and whether we take that risk....

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

If Morrison wants to play (and to grab what is more than likely his last chance of playing at any sort of decent level), then quality wise he's a way better player than either Sibley or Watson at this point in their careers (possibly ever depending how they develop). If he's not committed, then he'll be a waste of a contract. Think we have to trust Rooney to decide what state of mind Morrison is in and whether we take that risk....

Is Morrison more talented ? Probably yes but I wouldn't say he's way better at this point in his career, his talent at young age has never really properly manifested. Then when you factor in how Sibley or Watson could develop with a season of football and how historically unreliable Morrison has been then... I'm not going to lose too much sleep on missing out on him. Could have been a decent addition if you get his head right but better managers have tried and failed on that front.

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

What kind of basket case is this club, when even serial failure Ravel Morrison looks at us and thinks, I could do better. 

I'd have thought it was more to do with the limitations on our offer put on us by the EFL. Why didn't any of the other 6 sign?

Just now, rammieib said:

If there is any truth in him throwing his toys out the pram, then the previous million clubs he has failed at are still correct in their character assessments of him.

I'll wait for more facts to come out, if they ever will, but is not a great start for him to react like this.

What has he supposedly done? If its the Insta stuff, meh.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'd have thought it was more to do with the limitations on our offer put on us by the EFL. Why didn't any of the other 6 sign?

Probably, but I'd like to think an offer from a "big" club like Derby would be a big incentive for a player who is a perpetual nearly man. 

Let's see where he ends up. That'll give an indication of our pulling power. 

Pulling power? We are literally bottom of the pile in every sense 

34 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Probably, but I'd like to think an offer from a "big" club like Derby would be a big incentive for a player who is a perpetual nearly man. 

Let's see where he ends up. That'll give an indication of our pulling power.