Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

9 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

My first 11 with current players and everyone fit would be 

Roos.      Byrne, Stearman, Davies, Buchanon.         Bielik, Morrison, Sibley.    Lawrence, Kazim-Richards, Joswiak.

For now id have Shinnie in the holding role, with Watson & Bird coming in when we have injuries to morrison and sibley, would never play Lawrence in the middle.

I've not seen enough of Morrison to know how he plays - But my understanding was he's more of an attacking mid? Not sure either him or Sibley are going to be as good at tracking back as we need in the middle

Also - I refuse to believe you're purposefully leaving Knight out and have just forgotten him!?!?!?! ? Get him in a CM role with (probably) Sibley and then Morrison, Lawrence and Jozwiak to come in depending on the opposition/form

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I've not seen enough of Morrison to know how he plays - But my understanding was he's more of an attacking mid? Not sure either him or Sibley are going to be as good at tracking back as we need in the middle

Also - I refuse to believe you're purposefully leaving Knight out and have just forgotten him!?!?!?! ? Get him in a CM role with (probably) Sibley and then Morrison, Lawrence and Jozwiak to come in depending on the opposition/form

Good point maybe sibley and morrison at the same time is a bit ATTTTTACCCKKKK and no defence ? just think we need a more attacking formation 

Correct I had completely forgotten about him, he would rotate in with sibley probably top top player in my books ? ? 

Just now, SFox1993 said:

Good point maybe sibley and morrison at the same time is a bit ATTTTTACCCKKKK and no defence ? just think we need a more attacking formation 

Correct I had completely forgotten about him, he would rotate in with sibley probably top top player in my books ? ? 

Although there is no reason why one of morrison and sibley couldn't go forward and the other stay back in turns..

11 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Although there is no reason why one of morrison and sibley couldn't go forward and the other stay back in turns..

True - Although I'd say having that trio would somewhat restrict Bielik to an almost entirely defensive role - And we've seen how effective he can be when allowed to maraude forwards - Think having one of Knight or Shinnie in there gives him more cover to get forwards on occasion - Not sure I'd be as comfortable knowing Sibley was my defensive cover (as highly as I do rate Sibley)

20 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I also forgot about him , I'd stay 4-3-3 but take out sibley for Knight,  then sibley and Lawrence can fight it out depending on who plays well from game to game @SFox1993

23 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Sibley’s game is built on his ability to break into the box. I don’t think he has the discipline to sit in a central midfield role (yet) and I’m not sure it uses his best attributes to do that either. You want Sibley just behind the main striker, as he’s one of the only players we have who can get up with and go beyond the striker.

Morrison is more of a 10 who stays in the hole, but needs a more free role to be able to make things happen. Neither are suited to be one of the 2 centre Mids in our setup, as it stands. It could work having them both on if we’re chasing a game though, but probably not to start a game

Just now, r4derby said:

Sibley’s game is built on his ability to break into the box. I don’t think he has the discipline to sit in a central midfield role (yet) and I’m not sure it uses his best attributes to do that either. You want Sibley just behind the main striker, as he’s one of the only players we have who can get up with and go beyond the striker.

Morrison is more of a 10 who stays in the hole, but needs a more free role to be able to make things happen. Neither are suited to be one of the 2 centre Mids in our setup, as it stands. It could work having them both on if we’re chasing a game though, but probably not to start a game

fair comments. Just hate 4-2-3-1 myself especially at home, be ok if the 2 were not essentially at cb ?

1 hour ago, SFox1993 said:

fair comments. Just hate 4-2-3-1 myself especially at home, be ok if the 2 were not essentially at cb ?

Yeah, the 2 aren’t running the show and allowing our 3 to create at the minute. I think there is potential for the players to adjust, and the 2 sitting will allow the full backs to bomb on and support from out wide. Then, the 2 CM’s become important insurance for us defensively. We will see

Morrison, Sibley, Lawrence, Jozwiak are all neat, tidy 'clever' players who flit around the periphery of the penalty area in an 'after you Claude' kind of fashion. 

Can we not, for once, have a player who is good at tearing into the box with the sole intention of smashing the ball into the flippin net? 

That's the kind of forward I want to see in the team, even if he misses a few. 

43 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Morrison, Sibley, Lawrence, Jozwiak are all neat, tidy 'clever' players who flit around the periphery of the penalty area in an 'after you Claude' kind of fashion. 

Can we not, for once, have a player who is good at tearing into the box with the sole intention of smashing the ball into the flippin net? 

That's the kind of forward I want to see in the team, even if he misses a few. 

You missing Waghorn? ?