Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Would anyone take Will Hughes on loan ? - currently training with the Watford under23s because he won’t sign a contract extension with one year left on his contract. If he doesn’t get picked up by another club they might let him out on loan at the last minute to save £4,500 per week ( currently) 

Is town busy?

7 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Would anyone take Will Hughes on loan ? - currently training with the Watford under23s because he won’t sign a contract extension with one year left on his contract. If he doesn’t get picked up by another club they might let him out on loan at the last minute to save £4,500 per week ( currently) 

I’m putting you in charge of writing the kids “Dear Santa” letters. Sure fire winner ?

Right, so we couldn’t sign him yesterday but an hour before kick off it’s been achieved? 

makes no sense to me, further example of Mel’s stubbornness and poor management. He could have played today if it was all just  agreed, I don’t get how it has been sorted just before the game but couldn’t be sorted 24 hours ago. Clubs clueless. 

14 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Nah, wouldn’t get in our team…

4 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Right, so we couldn’t sign him yesterday but an hour before kick off it’s been achieved? 

makes no sense to me, further example of Mel’s stubbornness and poor management. He could have played today if it was all just  agreed, I don’t get how it has been sorted just before the game but couldn’t be sorted 24 hours ago. Clubs clueless. 

Not fully defending Mel here but we don’t know it’s 100% stubbornness etc from just his side? We know the contracts are one year deals with a capped salary, is there a chance Ravel didn’t agree to those terms until after the deadline had passed? 

2 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Not fully defending Mel here but we don’t know it’s 100% stubbornness etc from just his side? We know the contracts are one year deals with a capped salary, is there a chance Ravel didn’t agree to those terms until after the deadline had passed? 

True, but then just offer him what he wanted within reason of course. It couldn’t have been that much difference if they agreed it a day later. 

7 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

True, but then just offer him what he wanted within reason of course. It couldn’t have been that much difference if they agreed it a day later. 

We were allowed to offer him £4500 per week. I doubt very much we offered him less. So I would assume that:

a. He at first refused, then decided to accept the offer.

b. The EFL were refusing at first to agree to the deal.

29 minutes ago, richinspain said:

We were allowed to offer him £4500 per week. I doubt very much we offered him less. So I would assume that:

a. He at first refused, then decided to accept the offer.

b. The EFL were refusing at first to agree to the deal.

Perhaps were on a lose wage to bring in wage basis.   Marshall goes perhaps frees up enough wage to bring in 4. That's my best guess.

If you told me when we were linked in January I'd be quite excited to sign him I'd have laughed, but hes shown something in pre-season, and deserves a chance. 1 year deal on nominal wages we lose nothing, and as I said the other day even if he just turns up for a couple of games it could make all the difference.