Festy Ebosele

RoyMac5

53 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Well, that's another face I'd like to figuratively punch.

Nice if he requested any loan back to an English team gives Derby first refusal- should we ever be in a position to do that.  That won't happen of course, as the only reason he's going to a random Italian club is for a loan back to a club less than half our size, allowing them to avoid  giving an EFL member club in administration any kind of fee while they pocket 40 million. their happy to let this happen.  Fair play for all. poo innit.

Derby Telegraph reporting that we'll get compensation for him. I thought the rule was that you only got compensation for U24 players if you had offered them a contract of equal or greater terms. Given that we can't offer any contracts, I'm surprised that we get anything. 

Udinese are a stable mid-table Serie A club.

I don’t get this idea that Watford is his obvious next destination.

Watford are an unfashionable club that yo-yo between the leagues and could easily be back in the Championship next season.

He should stick with Udinese and aim to break into the side and make an impression.

A good season with Udinese and he could easily end up at Lazio, Roma or Atalanta and playing European football.

Abraham and Tomori are both stars in Serie A. He should follow their example.

59 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Derby Telegraph reporting that we'll get compensation for him. I thought the rule was that you only got compensation for U24 players if you had offered them a contract of equal or greater terms. Given that we can't offer any contracts, I'm surprised that we get anything. 

I imagine this is a deal with Udinese so that we give our permission for him to sign a contract with them while he's still under contract with us. I imagine Festy will be getting a bigger fee than DCFC will though. 

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Udinese are a stable mid-table Serie A club.

I don’t get this idea that Watford is his obvious next destination.

Watford are an unfashionable club that yo-yo between the leagues and could easily be back in the Championship next season.

He should stick with Udinese and aim to break into the side and make an impression.

A good season with Udinese and he could easily end up at Lazio, Roma or Atalanta and playing European football.

Abraham and Tomori are both stars in Serie A. He should follow their example.

50% comments on this are from Watford fans and the other 50% from Derby fans a fair few very pissed off both at the admin and the player. Watford next destination, or the ******** of the UK to give it the correct title from what I saw of it.  Not sure he'll be getting the best reception from now on.  I understand if this is the only other offer he had but it's clear when he was on " holiday" this was being sorted as an option and Rooney was kept in the dark.  Comments from Rooney indicate he had to dig this mooted move out of him after not putting in the relevant shift .  Sign for who you like with no contract possible at this stage but be upfront about it and we move on.   Whole thing stinks to be honest.    

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

50% comments on this are from Watford fans and the other 50% from Derby fans a fair few very pissed off both at the admin and the player. Watford next destination, or the ******** of the UK to give it the correct title from what I saw of it.  Not sure he'll be getting the best reception from now on.  I understand if this is the only other offer he had but it's clear when he was on " holiday" this was being sorted as an option and Rooney was kept in the dark.  Comments from Rooney indicate he had to dig this mooted move out of him after not putting in the relevant shift .  Sign for who you like with no contract possible at this stage but be upfront about it and we move on.   Whole thing stinks to be honest.    

I dont think anyone should direct their frustration at the player to be honest. He is out of contract and free to do what he likes. Everything about Derby is uncertain at the minute and it's down to one man...

5 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I dont think anyone should direct their frustration at the player to be honest. He is out of contract and free to do what he likes. Everything about Derby is uncertain at the minute and it's down to one man...

No anger, but not impressed.  It’s not like he had to make the move now.  He would have been in high demand at the end of the season if we were still not able to offer a contract.  Not the action of somebody that “wanted” to stay.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Ah, so there it is. One of our academy’s most promising products in years leaves for free. Once again, duck you Mel Morris. duck you

I think you’re blinded by the blistering pace to be honest. Young Malcom already looks to be streets ahead as an all rounded footballer and he’s a few years younger. 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Ah, so there it is. One of our academy’s most promising products in years leaves for free. Once again, duck you Mel Morris. duck you

Don’t fret too much; like Luke Plange, Festy will be playing in the lower half of the Championship in about 3 seasons from now. Neither are anywhere near as good as some make out. 

Maybe im being melodramatic but im a bit pissed with him.

i get that footballs a short career , theres no loyalties etc 

but IF preferred bidder is end of this week .. would it really kill him for the club he supposedly “loves” and “doesnt want to leave” to hold fire a week or two?

We get a contract on him and we protect a potentially valuable asset and can at least get some of the money back weve put into giving him a career.

u would think whoever the PB is would literally be offering our young players contracts to protect those assets with minutes of getting their name above the door

just hugely disappointing and yet another body blow for us to absorb