Festy Ebosele

RoyMac5

I understand football is risky career for players and get them needing the security and wish him well. I think many have taken Festy to their hearts as he seemed to sum up what Wayne and the team have done this year. That is why such a huge blow and seems to blow apart that seige mentality and spirit Wayne has fostered. I think we all thought he still had a niggle which has led to a dip. I wish him well but at the same time feel disappointed in him. I know we couldnt offer him a good wage but anyone signing with us on a contract when hopefully able to helps the future of the club hugely. It will be quite interesting to see who does what if we ever can ever resign people! 

Time will tell us just how good he turns out to be. I'm sad to see him go but not as sad as I would be if he had signed for Notts Forest. 

He had the great ability to take players on and beat them. A joy to watch. Having said that, recently he hasn't been playing as well. Since his trip to Amsterdam? 

All the very best to you Festy. We won't forget you. 

Edited by Ramifications

36 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Maybe im being melodramatic but im a bit pissed with him.

i get that footballs a short career , theres no loyalties etc 

but IF preferred bidder is end of this week .. would it really kill him for the club he supposedly “loves” and “doesnt want to leave” to hold fire a week or two?

We get a contract on him and we protect a potentially valuable asset and can at least get some of the money back weve put into giving him a career.

u would think whoever the PB is would literally be offering our young players contracts to protect those assets with minutes of getting their name above the door

just hugely disappointing and yet another body blow for us to absorb 

The problem is that the players and staff, just like the fans, have heard a stream of BS deadlines and may have come to the same conclusion - that you can put any faith in any of them.

Eventually, of course, if they keep saying 'by the end of the week', they have a good chance of being right That's if there are any bidders at all) but when is that 'eventually'?

Anyone who's ever worked for a company that looks like it's going down the pan will know you've got to think about your own future. There's no loyalty from the company - they'd throw you out on your arse if they could - look at P&O for an extreme example -so any loyalty you show them may well end up with you out of a job in a month or two. 

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The problem is that the players and staff, just like the fans, have heard a stream of BS deadlines and may have come to the same conclusion - that you can put any faith in any of them.

Eventually, of course, if they keep saying 'by the end of the week', they have a good chance of being right That's if there are any bidders at all) but when is that 'eventually'?

Anyone who's ever worked for a company that looks like it's going down the pan will know you've got to think about your own future. There's no loyalty from the company - they'd throw you out on your arse if they could - look at P&O for an extreme example -so any loyalty you show them may well end up with you out of a job in a month or two. 

Exactly

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Plus, he's no doubt had a greedy agent whispering in his ear all season.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Maybe im being melodramatic but im a bit pissed with him.

i get that footballs a short career , theres no loyalties etc 

but IF preferred bidder is end of this week .. would it really kill him for the club he supposedly “loves” and “doesnt want to leave” to hold fire a week or two?

We get a contract on him and we protect a potentially valuable asset and can at least get some of the money back weve put into giving him a career.

u would think whoever the PB is would literally be offering our young players contracts to protect those assets with minutes of getting their name above the door

just hugely disappointing and yet another body blow for us to absorb 

Why would he do this? Signing a contract would a) potentially put other clubs off who may not have the budget to pay the required fee for him and b) any fee derby would then have got would’ve just replaced the fee that Festy would’ve got to sign on. In your job would you do something that meant a large sum of money due to you was actually paid to your employer? Especially one that wasn’t guaranteeing you a job next year! 

34 minutes ago, angieram said:

Plus, he's no doubt had a greedy agent whispering in his ear all season.

The agent works for the player. Yes he gets paid but be realistic he gets paid based on the players career. Any decision he makes short or long term is affecting his earning capacity, short or long term. His job whether you think it’s greedy or not is to balance off the financial rewards of a very  short career with making business decisions to prolong that career as lucratively as possible. It’s not always a “greedy agent” it’s actually sometimes a very good agent doing the very best for the player not the clubs….or the fans.

7 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Why would he do this? Signing a contract would a) potentially put other clubs off who may not have the budget to pay the required fee for him and b) any fee derby would then have got would’ve just replaced the fee that Festy would’ve got to sign on. In your job would you do something that meant a large sum of money due to you was actually paid to your employer? Especially one that wasn’t guaranteeing you a job next year! 

The agent works for the player. Yes he gets paid but be realistic he gets paid based on the players career. Any decision he makes short or long term is affecting his earning capacity, short or long term. His job whether you think it’s greedy or not is to balance off the financial rewards of a very  short career with making business decisions to prolong that career as lucratively as possible. It’s not always a “greedy agent” it’s actually sometimes a very good agent doing the very best for the player not the clubs….or the fans.

Young kid, older agent. There's no sentiment involved there, it's all about the money. My point still stands.

34 minutes ago, angieram said:

Young kid, older agent. There's no sentiment involved there, it's all about the money. My point still stands.

Your ‘point’ is an assumption based on perception, that’s driven by media. 

Of course I’m assuming you haven’t met his agent? It’s quite possible he’s known him since he was 14. Spent time with him and his family building a relationship which is why he’s still his agent at 20. You have no solid information whatsoever that he or any other agent is greedy other than perception. 

The agents job, what he gets huge sums of money for, is to try to assist the player to have the longest, most successful and financially secure career possible and to secure that future as soon as possible.

He was faced with a player being at a club who could offer him no contract. He was also faced with sitting and waiting until they could (risking a career ending injury with no contractual cover) and then being a League 1 player, or leaving for a fee that the club receive instead of the player receiving or options limited due to the fee Derby (the business) place on his head in their valuation. 

Or….secure him a contract at a Serie A club, one of the very elite leagues in Europe, with a healthy signing on fee, with a contract paying a handsome wage and security for the foreseeable future.

Like it or not, taking the emotion out of the decision, his agent has done the very best for Festy. His client. Of course he got paid for it. He’s done his job bloody well.

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

20 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Seemed to be a very pleasant young man, but genuinely not convinced he will make it to any great level. Blistering pace and strength clearly, but has a poor first touch, and only one foot. 

That's a little unfair - he also has a poor final touch

One of those frustrating players who can beat a man, get into a great area and then either blast the ball into nowhere, or get himself surrounded by defenders and then fall over

No denying if he works on those elements of his game, he could play at the very top level

7 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

That's a little unfair - he also has a poor final touch

One of those frustrating players who can beat a man, get into a great area and then either blast the ball into nowhere, or get himself surrounded by defenders and then fall over

No denying if he works on those elements of his game, he could play at the very top level

Puts me in mind of Franz Carr, blistering pace but never had any consistent end product.  I think Forest signed him as an teenager from Blackburn before he went onto play a handful of games for a host of other clubs in a start stop career.  Hopefully Festy will fare a little better.

I haven't been on too much last few days, but a quick glance here and on Twitter, it seems Ebosele has gone from the saviour of DCFC to useless and someone we can do without very quickly.

Whether he goes on to be a world-beater or fades into obscurity, he has been a breath of fresh air, exciting and given his all this season. He shouldn't be blamed for securing a new contract at a Serie A club (regardless of whether he's loaned out to Watford).

I understand the deal was signed off 2-3 weeks ago, having turned down offers personally in January. That is entirely fair enough in our current circumstances.

I wish him well, thank him for his contribution to DCFC and hope to see him go on to greater things.

The most galling thing about this, to me, is that Derby have barely been allowed to operate as a football club for near enough 3 years now, on top of points deductions, over at worst a breach of rules with a net impact of 0. Not defending Derby, but really that is what it is. Arguably not even that, as it took a while for the EFL to get it to stick. Ultimately, being able to load profits or losses into different years but ending up level overall. That has all led to Festy’s contract situation.

Meanwhile you have a network of clubs, who can sign players with one club and sell, loan or release them to another, load profits into one club or losses into another through player trading, sign players at a discount because clubs aren’t protected by compensation rules to foreign clubs, causing a pretty obvious advantage shown by the fact their poxy club can get promoted as soon as they’ve made an arse of being in the Premier League, again. And this is fine? It goes on so obviously and so blatantly and yet a blind eye is consistently turned to what is happening. It is so obvious he will be playing for Watford within the next couple of years but that is of course absolutely fine.

No blame on the player or agent, it’s a short career and I dare say with Festy’s skill set, his will be even shorter than the average. He has to look after himself, as do all of the players. Just an utterly ridiculous situation enabled by those who regulate the sport.

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Deep down i know, im just pissed off with watching our club get ruined like a slow death 

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I know mate, im just letting off steam a little, just truly destroyed by the whole thing tbh 
just another body blow for us to absorb