Festy Ebosele

RoyMac5

I get the administrators can't give us blow by blow updates on the individual bidders, but some explanation about the rationale wouldn't go amiss! 

Makes no sense for players to be leaving for nothing when they could be worth millions if we had an owner who could renew their contracts. Seem to be trying to save a few million on the purchase but potentially losing a lot more in future sales, plus these players will need replacing anyway and if they are inferior and unproven then they are buying a club that could sink without trace, where's the sense?

Edited by Chester40

14 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Makes no sense for players to be leaving for nothing when they could be worth millions if we had an owner who could renew their contracts. Seem to be trying to save a few million on the purchase but potentially losing a lot more in future sales, plus these players will need replacing anyway and if they are inferior and unproven then they are buying a club that could sink without trace, where's the sense?

Which would probably explain the reasons why no one is rushing to buy the club as they're waiting to see what kind of team will be left at the end of the season in League 1. 

So for the admins might make some sense for prospective buyers it becomes less an appealing proposition.  

32 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Its a sad state of affairs when a player wants to stay, the fams want him to stay but he has to be let go because of the mess we are in

Fair play to the guy if he's managed to scramble clear of the train wreck which is our club atm. Hope he goes onto bigger and better things. 

He isn't being released at the instruction of Quantuma, but it's the circumstances around Quantuma that have caused this.

No sale means no new contracts can be offered. Someone from the academy like Festy is probably on £2k per week at best & he'll be offered a substantial increase to that elsewhere - especially as there is no transfer fee involved.

Oh, & I assume as he'll be out of contract that probably means we can't negotiate a sell on clause ?

43 minutes ago, Boycie said:

No disrespect to the lad, but there was no way he would have been left on the shelf at the end of the season.

Hia Agents pushed this move through, what was the risk of waiting till the end of the season?

For any player, particularly a winger who draws in fouls, there's the risk of an injury. It's a short career and he's not on much money ATM, I can see why you'd want to secure your future.

3 hours ago, td_evans said:

For any player, particularly a winger who draws in fouls, there's the risk of an injury. It's a short career and he's not on much money ATM, I can see why you'd want to secure your future.

Well, that’s weird, because that’s exactly how he’s been playing since the trip to Amsterdam.  You are Mr 12% and I claim my small percentage.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

"If you are asking me do I think it is the right move for him, then no I don't," Rooney said. "I think he should stay in England. Whether it is a move where he goes there to go back to England, obviously we know Udinese are a sister club to Watford, we don't know.

we do