Festy Ebosele

RoyMac5

I'm actually really pleased for Festy, this is a great move at a critical point in his career. He's come in and done everything he can for us, turned down a move in Jan to help our fight for survival and has bagged a moved abroad (or to Watford via abroad, so at least he'll get to stay in the Championship as things stand).

No way could we realistically expect him, or indeed anyone else out of contract, just to sit and wait to see how this chaos (and I'm being polite) pans out as the weeks and months roll by. They've got their careers and lives to think about.

So thanks Festy, you've come in and done a great job in stupid circumstances. Good luck to you and I'm glad to see a Derby product stepping up another level. Don't worry about us, we'll survive. Perhaps.

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

The extra money would have come in handy though, instead of the underhand workings of Watford.

£500,000 wouldn't have changed things dramatically though, and I'd much rather they had their noses put out of joint than snaffle a bargain at our expense. If OB is correct though, none of the bids for players involved all the cash upfront.

Unfortunately you can't really blame him. Even if we were in a relatively normal situation a move to either Serie A or a team coming down from the prem would be difficult to fend off. At the moment it's just completely impossible. No-one can speak about the agent or the player's motives with any degree of accuracy so it's better just to leave it on that score. He's a very good impact player who is very raw. He could be a diamond in the future or end up closer to coal if he doesn't get his technique, vision and general awareness sorted. I'll be sad to see him go as he's put in a good shift and has shown passion for the shirt like everyone else this season. 

10 hours ago, angieram said:

Young kid, older agent. There's no sentiment involved there, it's all about the money. My point still stands.

That's what football is all about these days,players kiss the badge then 6 months later they are gone,they only have allegiance to the club while they have a contract, if they receive an offer that makes them better off financially then they go and then show allegiance to their new club. Plus the fact players have access to a bigger market now.

I can't believe he's getting stick over this move. 

He's in the last couple of months under contract, to a club that can offer no guarantee of existing in a few months time, never mind being in a position to offer him an extended contract!

If reports are to believed, he's found himself a new club, picked up a €1m signing on fee, and €1.25 million in wages for the next 5 years.

We can't offer him anything, what would you do in that situation?

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

He's in the last couple of months under contract, to a club that can offer no guarantee of existing in a few months time, never mind being in a position to offer him an extended contract!

If reports are to believed, he's found himself a new club, picked up a €1m signing on fee, and €1.25 million in wages for the next 5 years.

I don't think the sticks over the move.  Correct that he may want to sign a contract if we can't offer him one, particularly with his history of injury.  People are, I feel rightly peed off that this was on the go as far back as 5-6 weeks, despite denials to his manager who had to force this information out of him in the last two weeks as his performance has dropped considerably.  If he wanted off, we could have got a decent fee in January but this move, with its convoluted passage to Hertfordshire, with a big signing on fee means we get sod all.

37 minutes ago, Rev said:

Trade in my Ford Fiesta for a Skoda Superb.

10 hours ago, Rev said:

Spot one.

Serie A with millions vs being out of club without salary or League 1 with peanuts.

There's no loyalty blaahblaah, agents are leaches blaahblaah... unempathic idiots, lot of us.

21 hours ago, Rev said:

Id Do that drive by moonie over trent bridge on matchday before leaving at the very least lol

The kid is most likely on little more than minimum wage on a contract that was signed before he was anywhere near the first team. He has zero job security and an injury in the coming weeks may mean he would not get picked up by anyone. And some people question his loyalty!

If I'd have been offered an extra pound a week for my paper round I'd have been straight down to GT News in Allenton to sign on there.

21 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I don't think the sticks over the move.  Correct that he may want to sign a contract if we can't offer him one, particularly with his history of injury.  People are, I feel rightly peed off that this was on the go as far back as 5-6 weeks, despite denials to his manager who had to force this information out of him in the last two weeks as his performance has dropped considerably.  If he wanted off, we could have got a decent fee in January but this move, with its convoluted passage to Hertfordshire, with a big signing on fee means we get sod all.

If he, or indeed any of the soon to be out-of-contract players, are not actively seeking employment for July than they are playing fast and loose with their own future. If I could not be offered a contract at all by my present employer (who may get liquidated too) and my contract is running out in three months, then I would be spending most of my time job-hunting. The fact that Rooney is getting as much as he is from players that are concerned about their future is probably his greatest achievement.  

And if he was getting stick from a few people who cannot see beyond their own interests, imagine what the reaction would have been if he went to Forest in January! 

Best of luck Festy!

1 hour ago, The Key Club King said:

If he, or indeed any of the soon to be out-of-contract players, are not actively seeking employment for July than they are playing fast and loose with their own future. If I could not be offered a contract at all by my present employer (who may get liquidated too) and my contract is running out in three months, then I would be spending most of my time job-hunting. The fact that Rooney is getting as much as he is from players that are concerned about their future is probably his greatest achievement.  

And if he was getting stick from a few people who cannot see beyond their own interests, imagine what the reaction would have been if he went to Forest in January! 

Best of luck Festy!

You've centred on part of my quote but entirely ignored the other part it seems.  As I said, too look for a contract elsewhere is to be  expected.  Transparency would also be nice along the way however, then this issue of duplicity doesn't arise.  

12 hours ago, Rambam said:

Note Festy’s drop off of form since these shenanigans, plus Plange’s too. Not exactly coincidental is it? 

Nothing to do with the fact they are still kids who have been dropped in the deep end during their first season in a threadbare squad and have the expectation levels to carry us to safety after some exciting early performances?

It's to be expected that their levels would drop a little over time. They can now be scouted and assessed by opposition and what worked in early games for them might be easy to stop for experienced players. Festy needs to find a way to unleash the afterburners again after fullbacks have wised up to his shuffle move.

Plange hasn't had the service in the last 3rd of the field like he did when the team was in good form.

You can't blame it all on them moving to other clubs next season and they certainly shouldn't have the fans on their back for looking to progress their careers and do what's right for them.