Phil Jagielka & Richard Stearman - Both Signed

Heisenberg

42 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

My main concern is - what message does this send to our youth players? Surely they have ambition to play for the first team, and we're opting for a comparative pensioner instead of our own youth. I appreciate they may not be quite the calibre we need - but are we saying Jagielka and Stearman are?

Where CBs are concerned there's not exactly much competition.

12 hours ago, Oldben said:

Jaglieka rumoured to be offered 22k per week. 

Thats crazy when there's obviously better players available

No idea who makes up your rumours but if we sign any unattached player we can only do so for a maximum of £11,500 per week which is still a huge amount of money for kicking a football around in the second division 

On 07/07/2021 at 17:05, GenBr said:

We've got no money and we're under a transfer embargo. You can blame our scouting team for a lot of things, but they've got both their hands tied behind their back whilst trying to walk a tightrope with a blindfold on atm. Don't really think you can critcise them too much this time.

This is when we need a good scouting network/set up...we have no money and we're not after players on big wages and fees etc we need a scouting team who can unearth some talent without it costing a fortune.

Jagielka is not a player scouts need to get involved with as most know him ...what I'd like to see is us signing a few players no one has heard of and then them turning out to be decent signings...this virtually never happens with our inadequate scouting department 

lets have a look in Ireland and Scotland etc maybe....I don't wear this arms tied behind there back...there stipulation should be go and find some good young players from lower leagues and abroad etc if they can't do that which I doubt they can then lets get a new team in because it doesnt work 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Derby can sign players on free or a loan mate as long no fee involved.

We can't have a squad bigger than 23 players and we have to include the kids who played against Chorley as "first team players" , I think we currently sit at 24 with those included (it explains why we have let so many kids go and why we can't complete a deal for Mengi , the EFL are trying every which way to stuff us over

1 minute ago, Sport Billy said:

We can't have a squad bigger than 23 players and we have to include the kids who played against Chorley as "first team players" , I think we currently sit at 24 with those included (it explains why we have let so many kids go and why we can't complete a deal for Mengi , the EFL are trying every which way to stuff us over

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-transfer-embargo-signings-5629779