Phil Jagielka & Richard Stearman - Both Signed

Heisenberg

Jagielka is going to be 39 in August, Stearman 34 - I would the 'going to look at' refers them coming in on loan so we can see what their performance stats look like compared to the other players.

I have never rated Stearman so in terms of quality I would go with Jagielka. Rooney will know Jagielka well and to be fair to him he has been playing in the Prem including some appearances last season so he is probably still capable of doing a job at this level for a year.

One thing for sure is we would need the pace of Mengi alongside either one of these.

Edited by DCFC1388

I think jagielka would be useful in a 3 at the back with a cashin and Mengi. Davies won’t play for half the season and these young guys need a wiser head with them for advice. A 1 year contract I think could be an okay deal. Stearman I would stay away from but maybe useful for last 10 minutes if we are holding a 1 goal lead 

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I think jagielka would be useful in a 3 at the back with a cashin and Mengi. Davies won’t play for half the season and these young guys need a wiser head with them for advice. A 1 year contract I think could be an okay deal. Stearman I would stay away from but maybe useful for last 10 minutes if we are holding a 1 goal lead 

That's a bit optimistic