Phil Jagielka & Richard Stearman - Both Signed

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, Sport Billy said:

We can't have a squad bigger than 23 players and we have to include the kids who played against Chorley as "first team players" , I think we currently sit at 24 with those included (it explains why we have let so many kids go and why we can't complete a deal for Mengi , the EFL are trying every which way to stuff us over

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-transfer-embargo-signings-5629779

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont think they count mate and in first team down to 12 players I think in our team and we also realised a load of youth players also.

The "rule" is if they have played one game they are classed as first team, I guess we could and should argue Covid ??

1 hour ago, Sport Billy said:

The "rule" is if they have played one game they are classed as first team, I guess we could and should argue Covid ??

Efl knew it was due cov19 they force us field a side out but other clubs had there fixtures postponed.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If ever there was a case of unintended consequences from complying with a rule then surely this is one. 

Was it the fa that forced us to field a team of kids in the cup? 

Yes, it was. But it's the EFL that would give the dispensation to recognise the extenuating circumstances.

My feeling is they won't be sympathetic! 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, it was. But it's the EFL that would give the dispensation to recognise the extenuating circumstances.

This would be extremely vindictive and as you imply, they seem quite capable of doing this. Is this the worst preseason ever? 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Precisely why there should be consultation about football regulations and a single coherent body. The frictional rule boundaries are often where the nonsense occurs. 

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Calamity Dick Volume 2

Sorry, I mean...  Horaaaaaay.

I realise  you think you're being funny, but why do our 'fans' feel the need to do this? He's signed for us when we're in desperate need of players - I think that earns him the right to be given a chance before people take the mick.....

18 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I realise  you think you're being funny, but why do our 'fans' feel the need to do this? He's signed for us when we're in desperate need of players - I think that earns him the right to be given a chance before people take the mick.....

Just being honest, not trying to be funny.

He's signed for us because it's better than playing in League One.

I'm giving myself plenty of scope to be pleasantly surprised if he turns out to be anything other than gash!

Edited by Coconut

27 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

?

A decent career too:

"Fellow central defender Stearman, 33, has almost 450 career appearances to his name after representing Leicester City, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Ipswich Town, Fulham, Sheffield United and Huddersfield Town to date. He was also part of the Sheffield United side that was promoted to the Premier League in 2018/19 and represented England at various youth international levels."

52 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I don’t think he’s as bad as is being made out. He’s got a lot of experience in the Champ and even Prem. 

We’re looking to avoid finishing in the bottom three so he should be good enough for us as rotation/cover.

The only concern would be how much he’s deteriorated with age.

I feel the same. I always though he was pretty impressive at Wolves. I know he's on the way down career wise, but I'm puzzled by the almost blanket negative reaction from our fans.

On 10/07/2021 at 11:24, Van der MoodHoover said:

Precisely why there should be consultation about football regulations and a single coherent body. The frictional rule boundaries are often where the nonsense occurs. 

The FA required Derby to play the game, the EFL if compliant with this demand/request (knowingly or otherwise) managed to penalise Derby in another way, even whilst the torturous disciplinary proceedings & appeals progressed.

The hypocrisy is glaring, when the FA, media et al, rock out and criticise clubs for playing under-strength squads in what is supposed to by the 'flagship' Cup competition, and devaluing the competition - then the FA 'normalises' a youth-team selection when it suits them.

Using it later against DCFC re: the quotient of players of 'professional standing' within the club, to effect another transfer sanction is the last straw. 

As the FA & EFL endorse making a club play a weak team when it suits (for broadcast scheduling reasons, minnow 'giant-killer' appeal, whatever) and devalue their primary Cup competition, I expect to boycott the FA Cup this season.

Edited by Woodypecker