Phil Jagielka & Richard Stearman - Both Signed

Heisenberg

16 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

As the FA & EFL endorse making a club play a weak team when it suits (for broadcast scheduling reasons, minnow 'giant-killer' appeal, whatever) and devalue their primary Cup competition, I expect to boycott the FA Cup this season.

Manure bailed out some years ago to play in some global thing (that they lost badly in) and it didn't seem to have any lasting repercussions for them so I'm sure we'd be treated even-handedly....?

20 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

The FA required Derby to play the game, the EFL if compliant with this demand/request (knowingly or otherwise) managed to penalise Derby in another way, even whilst the torturous disciplinary proceedings & appeals progressed.

The hypocrisy is glaring, when the FA, media et al, rock out and criticise clubs for playing under-strength squads in what is supposed to by the 'flagship' Cup competition, and devaluing the competition - then the FA 'normalises' a youth-team selection when it suits them.

Using it later against DCFC re: the quotient of players of 'professional standing' within the club, to effect another transfer sanction is the last straw. 

As the FA & EFL endorse making a club play a weak team when it suits (for broadcast scheduling reasons, minnow 'giant-killer' appeal, whatever) and devalue their primary Cup competition, I expect to boycott the FA Cup this season.

Derby need all the cup money we can get right now plus the lads need us more than ever before.

True, but I wouldn't be travelling across to Derby or anywhere to see an enforced youth-team show (or let the FA have some of the takings!) in similar circumstances and have a right to be annoyed enough to boycott an FA game in my own little protest!