Phil Jagielka & Richard Stearman - Both Signed

Heisenberg

37 minutes ago, Rev said:

No point signing Baldock, when we've got kids who can play that role at half the price.

I know where you are coming from Rev

But Stretton has , what, one or maybe two starts in the league ?

Which other kids are there ? Any with any league experience ? Its a big ask relying wholly on untried kids. 

We are where we are, having to make do and mend. Not been impressed with Baldock in pre season but he's been around the block and what other realistic options are there before deadline day ? He could come good against the overall consensus just like Colin did

Probably a stretch to far at the age of 39 but I wonder if there’s Any consideration from Wayne to play jags as a holding John eutace type 

give the back line some much needed protection .. he’s played that role before in his career 

doesn’t have to run anywhere , Stay away from the channels and plonk himself infront of the centre backs ready to step out and engage when needed 

eustace did it so well it became an art 

have u legs around him in the likes of shinnie, knight , Morrison etc etc 

rekindle the 433 and get Morrison and Lawrence higher up the pitch 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

No point signing Baldock, when we've got kids who can play that role at half the price.

With CKR out, we need somebody though. If Baldock is taking CKR's registration place, then it makes sense to some degree. Stretton will still play a fair amount this season, however we can't expect him to play every single game either.

If Stretton was injured, then who plays up top? We're in a difficult position regardless, and there's not a lot of options for us to realistically choose from. At least we know he'll be on low wages and a short contract.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There's only really Stretton, who has to be managed carefully at the moment due to his injury record. After that we have Plange and Cybulski who are only first year pros. 

I think Mel must have logged on to @Rev’s account. Either that or he his pissed again.

Not sure who else would make sense to sign in the circumstances anyway. 

Jags is more than good enough to cover Davies and Stearman and Cashin looks ready to start moving into the first team. If he's on 4.5k or less it's hardly breaking the bank either. 

Baldock is a useful option and may end up playing backup to Stretton anyway with a view to Cybulski stepping up later in the season. Ravel and Lawrence can both play the 'false nine' role and Festy is built well for the role if needed. 

20 hours ago, ram59 said:

Perhaps this short term contract is until January, to cover Beilik's injury.

That's my theory - someone had a brainfart and decided if we can get Baldock in to cover CKR then why can't we get someone in to cover for KB. Well done.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

That's my theory - someone had a brainfart and decided if we can get Baldock in to cover CKR then why can't we get someone in to cover for KB. Well done.

More to do with the EFL allowing it now but not before, maybe we're 'falling in to line'.