Current Expectations for the Upcoming Season

2021/2022 Season Expectations  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, DCFClks said:

Serious question. What would Rooney actually have to do for you to stop supporting him? 10 losses in a row? 20? play Marshall in LW?

or is it just 100% the players fault no matter what?

I've answered this before. The answer never makes you happy. ?

He needs chance to assemble his own squad - or at least a pre-season and some more players in.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Let’s not start this again lads. ?

Today, my feelings are it looks bleak for us next season but I’m hoping for the best. Anything more than a 3 point deduction could be disastrous I fear and I’d snatch your hand off for a 15th to 20th place finish right now. 

What a legacy Mel’s leaving us with, never, ever saw that coming I must confess. 

I don't mind if people have a disagreement and are big enough to argue face to face.

Its the passive aggressive snidey laughing emojis from posters who then can't even be arsed or simply are unable to back up their own viewpoint that is the worst kind of behaviour 

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't mind if people have a disagreement and are big enough to argue face to face.

Its the passive aggressive snidey laughing emojis from posters who then can't even be arsed or simply are unable to back up their own viewpoint that is the worst kind of behaviour 

After all that's gone on, i am just happy Derby County are still a club and base my expectations accordingly.  It's going to be a very challenging season, but an exciting one, young players having to step up, tight budget, EFL forever looming, i am content with mid-table.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Once again to fight efl everything lads and once again say right bankers we shall stay we are or better get out of this damn division.

Only way we are getting out this division is by being relegated.

Current expectations for this season is avoid relegation with Rooney in charge don't think he's the right man for the job if it wasn't for bielik coming in how many games would Rooney have won? But at the same time he has come with his hands tied it's a new season and I think the fans have got to give him a chance the first 10 games are massive for us as the fans will turn very quickly if we don't get off to a good start!

26 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Current expectations for this season is avoid relegation with Rooney in charge don't think he's the right man for the job if it wasn't for bielik coming in how many games would Rooney have won? But at the same time he has come with his hands tied it's a new season and I think the fans have got to give him a chance the first 10 games are massive for us as the fans will turn very quickly if we don't get off to a good start!

So then better players generally get you better results - simple game football 

20 hours ago, ramit said:

After all that's gone on, i am just happy Derby County are still a club and base my expectations accordingly.  It's going to be a very challenging season, but an exciting one, young players having to step up, tight budget, EFL forever looming, i am content with mid-table.

I really wish I could share your optimism but it seems to me that there is a hell of a lot to do just to get back where we were at the end of the season and that was barely enough. The squad is woefully inadequate as it stands. We're desperately short of numbers, cover and quality and I just don't see this team being suddenly a lot better than it was just because it is a new season.

If this squad as it stands finishes mid-table then they probably deserve a bus top parade of the city. We desperately need quality bringing into this side and cover (and first choices) for positions where we are beyond threadbare. How on earth we will be able to do that with everything hanging over us is another matter though.

Who knows what next season will bring                                     After last season’s struggles and strife
All I know is the way I feel                                    
Where there’s hope we can it keep it alive 

The season will be long      
A mountain of debt is in our way   
But with loans we grow stronger every day

Rooney take us up where we belong         
Let’s see the Forest fans cry    
Rams at a Championship high

Rooney take us up where we belong      
Top of the championship we know     
With Notts Forest below.

As the season goes by     
No time to cry              
The Rams you and I         
Winning every Saturday 

Hear Forest fans sigh    
Rams at a new Championship high

To the Premiership we go   
With Notts Forest below

Edited by cstand

On 17/06/2021 at 17:21, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm interested to see where we think Derby will finish based on our current situation. I am aiming to re-run this poll just before our first match to see how opinions may have changed based on any transfer activity and pre-season action that may occur.

Juan

are you going to redo this now?