The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

56 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I actually genuinely think we should be heavy favourites for the World Cup next year. None of our current players will have retired by then, they’ll just be a little older, wiser and even better. And if tonight proves we’re the best in Europe, who outside Europe is there to challenge us at the World Cup? Brazil just lost the copa America to Argentina, who in turn rely heavily on an aging messi. 

point is, if we lose tonight (which we won’t) don’t despair, the World Cup is the real prize, and we are in prime position to take that one next year. 

I hope you're right ? 

I'm approaching 50 now I've never seen Derby get anywhere near winning anything meaningful (promotion aside) and the last national tournament I got excited about was Euro 96.

A month ago I was kinda muted  'yay its the Euros' - just looking forwards to a month of football, not really expecting anything, but since we got through the group and saw the route through to the final I have been getting increasingly giddy with child-like optimism. 

As I said in an earlier post, these last few days have been great, we've made it to the final but haven't yet had to play it.  I've been pottering around the house humming various England songs and singing 'Southgate you're the one' whilst out walking my dogs and generally feeling like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve!

I'm really looking forwards to the match and have at times over the past few days convinced myself that we're definitely gonna win and definitely gonna lose!  I'm married with 2 kids but this could definitely be up there as one of the best days of my life if we win.  I just hope I get another 50 years and something like it comes round again. 

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:
Nice of Sky to release the team early

?

Not the team I’d pick but I’ve got it wrong every game and Southgate hasn’t 

5 at the back is the right thing imo. 

Keep their fullbacks defensively busy, and wingers outnumbered when they attack. Means we will have to do a lot of boring passes between defenders to keep the ball and then bypass the midfield when the ball is on. 

Don't think Kane is the boy for holding it up against the experienced Italian CBs. Ah well, we will soon find out. Set pieces will be crucial. 

Word in the village is The Red Arrows are going over about twenty five past seven on their way to Wembley. Think there might be too much cloud to see them though.

I would have thought they’d have followed the A1 and peeled off to the right at the North Circ. ?‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Word in the village is The Red Arrows are going over about twenty five past seven on their way to Wembley. Think there might be too much cloud to see them though.

I would have thought they’d have followed the A1 and peeled off to the right at the North Circ. ?‍♂️

Ah no, I know a quicker way than that. You turn left at ... ?

Apologies if mentioned earlier……. 5Live this morning, the psychology of the build up, and how us fans, from all corners of England are willing the national team to victory…..

‘Only a few clubs achieve success in the modern era so for all us supporters starved of any success this is a chance to support superstars who have the ability to win big’. 
So let’s embrace this and cheer on our national team. 

1 minute ago, Beetroot said:

Ask @DarkFruitsRam7. He's probably lobbing a bottle of piss across a pub as we speak.

When it comes to making fun of, and aiming our so-called wit at @DarkFruitsRam7, I like to be there, right at the front of the queue... but I can't help thinking on this occasion, your post is somewhat unfair.

I've never met him, in reality or on-line, but rightly or wrongly, I don't get the impression he can fairly be compared to those doing their worst on that video.

... unless you know him better than I do, in which case I take that back, and apologise to you for sticking my nose in.

Let's hope it was meant as a joke, and that "the target" recognises it as such.

?

I have an Irish friend who hates football living in London.

She told me on WhatsApp that she hopes England lose just so they won't be up all night celebrating until 6 am and keeping her awake like after the semi-final.

I said, 'would rather rather them keep you awake until 6 am celebrating, or until Wednesday rioting?'

She's pulling for England!

Been on the beer since 11 this morning. Savour the moment and enjoy it everyone, this is one of the biggest moments of my whole entire life and I’m married with 3 kids. Nights like tonight don’t happen every night. Enjoy it with friends or family, worry about work/school tomorrow. Ive been watching football for 24 years and this is the biggest game of my life so far… COME ON ENGLAND!!