The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

I'm not even certain that I've actually cared about England in the past 2 decades or so.  Wasn't particularly fussed even when they reached the semi final in WC 2018, although I did watch it.  I reckon Euro '96 was probably the last time I was actually bothered!

But I was right behind them last week v Germany, and if truth be told, it seems that tonight, I actually care again.  I'm excited.  I'm nervous.  I'm hopeful. 
I now have butterflies.  I'm finding myself getting more and more nervous, as the minutes trickle by.
I'll be standing for the anthems, and not for the first time, I will turn up the telly volume and open my lungs for GSTQ... sod the neighbours!

Maybe that makes me a glory supporter?  Hmmm... maybe I'd struggle to argue with that!

OK, I virtually know nothing about current players, probably only even recognising 3 of them in a line-up, and don't have a clue which club most of them play for.

But tonight, I care.  I want us to win.  I want to witness it.  I want to look back at a historic night (I was three in '66, so recall nothing of that particular piece of history).

Let this be the night.  The night to be truly proud.  The night to taste victory, success, and joy.

Come on, my England.  Bring it home.

tenor.gif?itemid=17795174

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

The Pear Tree is not my favourite hostelry. I thought Lee Buchanan had a bit more class than that! 

Sorry, not sad at you! 

? Don't know it tbh. Maybe he was just passing by? #COYR

Edited by RoyMac5