Relegation watch

Spanish

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Brum have a habit of looking doomed but eventually staying up...we will be fine anyway so it's just down to who goes with weds and Wycombe (as seems most likely)

Look at Barnsley, saved from relegation by Wigan's administration and now could end-up in the Prem.

Really bad result Birmingham winning and with 2 hard games against Reading and Norwich we are still struggling to survive this season, yesterday was a great result and felt positive for a long time, then Birmingham went and won and all that faded then. Just have a feeling Birmingham will survive now and it depends on us, Coventry and Rotherham for that last relegation spot. 

After looking at league positions, form tables and upcoming fixtures for the remainder of the season there are some very big games to come.

Rotherham have most of the sides in the bottom eight to play. If they can get results out of them with their games in hand you see them staying up. Maybe too many games in a short space of time will go against them.

Sheff Wednesday are gone. Poor form with very little new manager bounce.

Wycombe should be gone also but a good result yesterday to show some spirit. 

Coventry have a mixed bag of fixtures to come. Huddersfield and Rotherham of the lower teams. Barnsley and Bournemouth of the higher teams and the rest seem to have nothing to play for. 

Huddersfield also have a mixed bag but are not in great form. Games in hand on us but I would rather see points on the board at this stage.

Birmingham have also a mixed bag but have picked up form since bowyer took charge. Can see them surviving sadly. 

Derby have two big games against teams looking for prem football in the next two. Think we can get 2 or three points here because that would be typical of Derby. Games against brum and sheff Wednesday are glaringly obvious in importance because of league positions. Blackburn and preston could be affectively on the beach so some hope there.

Overall after spending time going through stats and fixtures and writing this post I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea who is staying up or the 3 going down. 

Happy Easter everyone

Great set of results today Birmingham aside. We should all be positive on here because yesterday was how we played when we won 6 games in 8. No reason why we won’t get the points we need. I’m sticking my neck out and saying we will survive and with a couple of games to spare. 

I’ve maintained for the majority of the season there are three worst teams than us and I stand by that. Brum may survive and so might Rotherham but that doesn’t mean we will replace them.

The most worried set of fans should be Coventry. They haven’t won a game since they beat us and got smashed by QPR yesterday - a team with nothing to play for. If Rotherham get out of it, i think Cov will go.

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Great set of results today Birmingham aside. We should all be positive on here because yesterday was how we played when we won 6 games in 8. No reason why we won’t get the points we need. I’m sticking my neck out and saying we will survive and with a couple of games to spare. 

I’ve maintained for the majority of the season there are three worst teams than us and I stand by that. Brum may survive and so might Rotherham but that doesn’t mean we will replace them.

The most worried set of fans should be Coventry. They haven’t won a game since they beat us and got smashed by QPR yesterday - a team with nothing to play for. If Rotherham get out of it, i think Cov will go.

I looked at Rotherham's schedule last night & they've got a really tough few weeks. They seem to be playing all their relegation rivals (apart from us) which will increase the intensity of their games & they also have a week in 2 weeks time with a Sat-Tues-Thurs-Sat set of games.

Given their game is all about relentless press & that their squad is pretty small anyway, I've a feeling they're going to fall away. Do agree Coventry should be worried also but think they play some decent stuff & are capable of stringing together a couple of wins.

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I looked at Rotherham's schedule last night & they've got a really tough few weeks. They seem to be playing all their relegation rivals (apart from us) which will increase the intensity of their games & they also have a week in 2 weeks time with a Sat-Tues-Thurs-Sat set of games.

Given their game is all about relentless press & that their squad is pretty small anyway, I've a feeling they're going to fall away. Do agree Coventry should be worried also but think they play some decent stuff & are capable of stringing together a couple of wins.

My gut feeling is the games will catch up with Rotherham and they’ll go. I think it’s all about us. We play like yesterday we will have no problems, we play like pre international break it will be a tense finish to the season.

34 minutes ago, Donegal Ram said:

After looking at league positions, form tables and upcoming fixtures for the remainder of the season there are some very big games to come.

Rotherham have most of the sides in the bottom eight to play. If they can get results out of them with their games in hand you see them staying up. Maybe too many games in a short space of time will go against them.

Sheff Wednesday are gone. Poor form with very little new manager bounce.

Wycombe should be gone also but a good result yesterday to show some spirit. 

Coventry have a mixed bag of fixtures to come. Huddersfield and Rotherham of the lower teams. Barnsley and Bournemouth of the higher teams and the rest seem to have nothing to play for. 

Huddersfield also have a mixed bag but are not in great form. Games in hand on us but I would rather see points on the board at this stage.

Birmingham have also a mixed bag but have picked up form since bowyer took charge. Can see them surviving sadly. 

Derby have two big games against teams looking for prem football in the next two. Think we can get 2 or three points here because that would be typical of Derby. Games against brum and sheff Wednesday are glaringly obvious in importance because of league positions. Blackburn and preston could be affectively on the beach so some hope there.

Overall after spending time going through stats and fixtures and writing this post I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea who is staying up or the 3 going down. 

Happy Easter everyone

Thanks for making it as clear as crystal Donegal.....

13 hours ago, Spanish said:

What makes Derby fans or pp intimidating?  We saw it at Wembley v Villa, a quiet family club.  We probably did better without the fans in the ground I’m sorry to say.  Away support can sound massive in a half empty ground.  Or am I being unfair?

Our fans have always made a point of encouraging OUR players.

It never used to be a case of a) Intimidate the other team and/or b) boo mistakes made by our players.

This iconoclastic spirit seems to have insinuated itself into every strata of society in this millenia,

Everyone lauded by history as a hero now has to be 'outed' as having had feet of clay or merely out for their own ends and gratification.

I used to find the PopSide a friendly place to be even when fans mingled and I found myself next to visiting fans.

I would not like to be part of an intimidating aggressive crowd.

If that were my criterion I would probably support Millwall, Chelsea or Leeds!

As I've said all season I really don't think we're going down. Yesterday's performance and result eased any fears I had. We'll be fine. Don't get me wrong we're not out of it yet and neither are Brum. But everything suggests that it'll be three of Wycombe, Wednesday, Rotherham and Coventry.