Relegation watch

Spanish

16 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

No, we don’t. We don’t ‘need’ that. It would be nice, but we don’t ‘need’ it. 

Are you deliberately being dim or does it just come naturally to you? You don’t know what we need, none of us do so the more of those down their with us that lose the better. It’s not rocket science....crikey....

54 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you deliberately being dim or does it just come naturally to you? You don’t know what we need, none of us do so the more of those down their with us that lose the better. It’s not rocket science....crikey....

I’m still annoyed by the last match. We win, everyone else loses, it’s all happy and smiley, but wait, Brum have won. That’s it, we’re clearly doomed. But whether Brum win lose or draw, we’re still just as far from the relegation zone. 

in fact, today, with a minute to go, I’m not looking forward to the inevitable meltdown on this thread again, but even if Brum win 6-0 tomorrow, we’re still actually marginally further away from the relegation zone (us losing 3-1, rotherham losing 3-0). 

that’s all you can ask for really. As I said, it’s nice to hope we win every game, and everyone below and around us loses all their games, but that’s not going to happen. We’re not going to get to the end of the season winning every game. There are going to be days like today, 3 or 4 of them before the end of the season. We were always unlikely to get anything from reading. It’s frustrating, it’s depressing, but it’s not surprising. 

In fact I fully expected Rotherham to win today, so we’re 3 points better off over what I expected. 

don’t know what Brum are going to do tomorrow, and I don’t really care that much. I hope they lose, but it’s not really important as long as we keep gradually expanding the gap between us and whoever’s in 22nd. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m still annoyed by the last match. We win, everyone else loses, it’s all happy and smiley, but wait, Brum have won. That’s it, we’re clearly doomed. But whether Brum win lose or draw, we’re still just as far from the relegation zone. 

in fact, today, with a minute to go, I’m not looking forward to the inevitable meltdown on this thread again, but even if Brum win 6-0 tomorrow, we’re still actually marginally further away from the relegation zone (us losing 3-1, rotherham losing 3-0). 

that’s all you can ask for really. As I said, it’s nice to hope we win every game, and everyone below and around us loses all their games, but that’s not going to happen. We’re not going to get to the end of the season winning every game. There are going to be days like today, 3 or 4 of them before the end of the season. We were always unlikely to get anything from reading. It’s frustrating, it’s depressing, but it’s not surprising. 

In fact I fully expected Rotherham to win today, so we’re 3 points better off over what I expected. 

don’t know what Brum are going to do tomorrow, and I don’t really care that much. I hope they lose, but it’s not really important as long as we keep gradually expanding the gap between us and whoever’s in 22nd. 

We all want Rotherham to lose and that the gap between us and them remains. But does it not make sense, as an insurance policy, just in case Rotherham were to pick up some wins, that the likes of Brum, Coventry and Huddersfield don’t get ahead of us? None of us know what is going to happen so it is common sense to want that isn’t it? I really struggle to understand any Rams fan wanting anything other than that....

3 minutes ago, superzak said:

Its definitely going to be a struggle to stay in this division now...too many injuries and over rated youngsters.

Definitely squeaky bum time.

My predictor has Rotherham and Wycombe down, us and Coventry level on points with Wednesday one point ahead. That includes a pessimistic last day home defeat against Wednesday and an optimistic Coventry draw against Millwall.

Before kick off today our form under Rooney would have put us 8th, 3pts behind todays opponents who we pretty much matched for most of the game other than slack defending. I still feel like we're in a decent position to stay up.

Cov winning is the only result really to go against us. I think most people expected us to lose today but hoped we would get something and also majority would have expected Rotherham to beat Wycombe. Had that happened we would have been 5pts clear of the bottom 3 which is where I thought we would be by the end of todays games so I am pretty happy it remains at 8.

Hopefully the results go as most would expect tomorrow and both Birmingham & Huddersfield lose away to Brentford & Norwich.