Relegation watch

Spanish

With the way results went today, Birmingham's game was always a win-win. Either they lost/drew and left themselves in the mire or they won and kept the bottom 3 at arm's length.

At the end of the day only three go down, doesn't matter who as long as we make sure we're not in the conversation.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

With the way results went today, Birmingham's game was always a win-win. Either they lost/drew and left themselves in the mire or they won and kept the bottom 3 at arm's length.

At the end of the day only three go down, doesn't matter who as long as we make sure we're not in the conversation.

Not quite sure what you mean....obviously a Brum loss much better for us, don’t get the win win thingy...

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

What makes Derby fans or pp intimidating?  We saw it at Wembley v Villa, a quiet family club.  We probably did better without the fans in the ground I’m sorry to say.  Away support can sound massive in a half empty ground.  Or am I being unfair?

We’ve been terrible without fans ever since the end of last season. On the whole our home record has been good over last few seasons. We have big support at home. Loud fans in general, more fans than most clubs in this league. Wembley was rubbish atmosphere wise that’s true. Lack of fans has affected us a lot in my opinion. 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not quite sure what you mean....obviously a Brum loss much better for us, don’t get the win win thingy...

The gap for the current bottom 3 to make up gets just that little bit bigger and their job gets that little bit harder.

The Birmingham result has tainted a good week of results for us. Although if we get another 7 points then that should cover us regardless. 

Coventry could be the one to watch. If they lose to Rotherham then they’ll be 4 points behind us with the same matches played. Think we’re asking a lot for Rotherham to completely poo it in all 4 matches.  

1 minute ago, Sean said:

The gap for the current bottom 3 to make up gets just that little bit bigger and their job gets that little bit harder.

Really.....you think that injury time Brum winner was good for us....if they had drawn and then we beat them we would be well clear of them. If they now beat us as things stand they would go above us. Don’t understand your logic and thinking at all ?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Really.....you think that injury time Brum winner was good for us....if they had drawn and then we beat them we would be well clear of them. If they now beat us as things stand they would go above us. Don’t understand your logic and thinking at all ?

Read what I wrote again. It doesn't matter who goes down as long as we make sure we're not in the conversation.

Puts more pressure on Rotherham/Wednesday/Wycombe to improve their form and make their games count.

I get what you're saying about our game with Birmingham but if we're both 10 points clear by that point it doesn't matter anyway.

Edited by Sean

Just now, Sean said:

Read what I wrote again. It doesn't matter who goes down as long as we make sure we're not in the conversation.

Puts more pressure on Rotherham/Wednesday/Wycombe to improve their form and make their games count.

Sorry, you are talking absolute garbage. We need as many teams below us as possible including Brum who we still have to play. If Rotherham win their next game it’s all very tight again. Total nonsense.

7 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

The Birmingham result has tainted a good week of results for us. Although if we get another 7 points then that should cover us regardless. 

Coventry could be the one to watch. If they lose to Rotherham then they’ll be 4 points behind us with the same matches played. Think we’re asking a lot for Rotherham to completely poo it in all 4 matches.  

According to some Brum winning is fine ?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Sorry, you are talking absolute garbage. We need as many teams below us as possible including Brum who we still have to play. If Rotherham win their next game it’s all very tight again. Total nonsense.

Both argumenTs have value.  The more teams there are between us and the bottom 3 the better.  However if the bottom 3 start to feel the challenge is too big then it will affect their confidence and therefore performances.  I would have preferred for brum not to win but most results went in our favour so all good from my POV 

10 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Both argumenTs have value.  The more teams there are between us and the bottom 3 the better.  However if the bottom 3 start to feel the challenge is too big then it will affect their confidence and therefore performances.  I would have preferred for brum not to win but most results went in our favour so all good from my POV 

I will stick with the idea that it would be best for one of our main relegation rivals, who we still have to play, to have lost. Have the lunatics taken over the asylum ?

7 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Brum have a habit of looking doomed but eventually staying up...we will be fine anyway so it's just down to who goes with weds and Wycombe (as seems most likely)

Maybe. But none of us know how the results are going to go. The crucial factor about those extra 2 points Brum got tonight is that if all stays the same by the time we play them, a win for them would take them above us. A draw tonight for Brum would have meant they couldn’t go above us, even with a win. Big difference and certainly a negative for us. Overall though a very good day...