Relegation watch

Spanish

There's this strange assumption that Rotherham are suddenly capable of stringing multiple wins together Just because they happen to have games in hand. They average exactly 1 point per game over 35 games. Logic would suggest they're more likely end up on 46 points than 50+. We have 43 points with games against Blackburn, Preston, Birmingham & Sheff Weds all eminently winnable.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

What I am trying to get over to my friend Jimbo, is that it does clucking matter what brum does

It sure does, like all my previous comments to those saying it doesn’t. If Rotherham win their next game and we lose at Reading it is all very tight again...

Just now, Carnero said:

There's this strange assumption that Rotherham are suddenly capable of stringing multiple wins together Just because they happen to have games in hand. They average exactly 1 point per game over 35 games. Logic would suggest they're more likely end up on 46 points than 50+. We have 43 points with games against Blackburn, Preston, Birmingham & Sheff Weds all eminently winnable.

It is a big ask for them to do that, it is not as if they will be playing us every week.  ?

it is just the fear that it is not impossible.  I hope they are close to being disillusioned pity they have Wycombe next but even they got a result on Friday

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I think the worry is that on paper they have by far the easiest run in, a lot of winnable home games...

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

It is a big ask for them to do that, it is not as if they will be playing us every week.  ?

it is just the fear that it is not impossible.  I hope they are close to being disillusioned pity they have Wycombe next but even they got a result on Friday

In fact against all championship opponents not named Derby County they average just 0.88 points per game ?

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think the worry is that on paper they have by far the easiest run in, a lot of winnable home games...

Thank goodness then, that football games are not played on paper otherwise we would probably have been just about been doomed already.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

a lot of winnable home games..

I think we've been around the Championship long enough to know that a lot of winnable home games are also a lot of losable home games! Home games still mean less without fans than they used to.

Their home record is the worst in the league, not helped by fewer games obviously, but even if they hadn't had to postpone games, and if they'd won all of the home matches they've missed it would still be right down there (slightly above us on goal difference)

Screenshot_20210403-204441.png.db9d9ff09c6ecb0844691b614d18e589.png

Edited by Coconut

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I think we've been around the Championship long enough to know that a lot of winnable home games are also a lot of losable home games! Home games still mean less without fans than they used to.

Their home record is the worst in the league, not helped by fewer games obviously, but even if they hadn't had to postpone games, and if they'd won of the home matches they've missed it would still be right down there and no better than ours.

Screenshot_20210403-204441.png.db9d9ff09c6ecb0844691b614d18e589.png

Hope you are right...

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

I don't think anyone is claiming they are going to go on a fantastic run. 

We won 6 in 8. Birmingham have won their last 2. Is is that improbable that Rotherham could potentially pick up more points than they currently average, considering their fixtures. 

I think they could well get 14 from 11. That puts them on 49 with a currently better GD. 

I don't fancy us getting many more than 7 more points. 

I think it will be tight, others don't. But you can't just dismiss the opinion. 

I mean, they could average 1 point a game for their first 10 games, and win the last one. Doesn't really matter about averages at that point. I think it will come down to last day myself.