Relegation watch

Spanish

5 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

I’ll quote myself. So happy to be proved wrong! Get on the beers rams fans ?

if brum lose tonight then it will have been a Good Friday!

Wycombe now only 2 points behind Wendy.  I expect their race will have been run by the time we meet them.  Bad day for Coventry which could get worse tonight

Looks like the last spot is between Rotherham, Birmingham or Coventry. Rotherham, to a certain extend have it in their own hands with Huddersfield, Coventry and Birmingham to play, but have 8 games to play in this month compared with others who have 6 or less. Coventry and Birmingham both have a hard run in playing teams around them as well as teams still chasing a play off place.

As for the Rams 2 tough fixtures next with Reading away and Norwich at home. Reading are fading after being in the top 6 most of the season and are hanging in there for a top 6 finish. Norwich at home is a big game and could produce a double against champions elect. If we get 3 pts or more out of these two games I will predict a possible 16th place finish.

I'm going to stick with Wycombe, Sheffield Weds and Rotherham to fill the bottom 3 slots with Coventry Birmingham and Hudderfield coming close.

Norwich just drew with Preston who are only just above us and Reading are fading. 

I would also add Preston and Blackburn to the games we should be targeting points from. Neither are any great shakes. 

The table is settling right at the top and Norwich and Watford look away clear in autos. Hopefully Norwich won't feel the need to go full throttle.... 

Massive win today.

Two weeks ago, we probably find a way to lose that game, so you have to imagine the international break came at the right time for us.

7 points from 7 games needed. Safety is in sight, but I do think this is just a temporary reprieve for us. Next season looks like it will be just as tough.

Edited by Jourdan

34 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Massive win today.

Two weeks ago, we probably find a way to lose that game, so you have to imagine the international break came at the right time for us.

7 points from 7 games needed. Safety is in sight, but I do think this is just a temporary reprieve for us. Next season looks like it will be just as tough.

Not sure to be honest, I think with a pre season in place this squad should finish mid table. With a couple of additions, then the play offs could be a possibility, not because we are a good team but the standard of this league is poor, confidence is a massive factor. 

51 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Massive win today.

Not if fans can get into games it won't!

6 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Not if fans can get into games it won't!

What makes Derby fans or pp intimidating?  We saw it at Wembley v Villa, a quiet family club.  We probably did better without the fans in the ground I’m sorry to say.  Away support can sound massive in a half empty ground.  Or am I being unfair?

Got to agree with Brammie Steve, with supporters in the stadium the Rams would have picked up more points compared with other lower supported teams. As for next season, its all about a lot of ifs. If we get new ownership, if the new owners invest, if we we do well in the summer transfer market, if we keep hold of our better players, if we sign players who gel and improve the team, etc etc..........

3 hours ago, JfR said:

Rotherham had a penalty saved in the 85th minute which would have likely have secured a point against Millwall

A soft penalty given to be fair. Millwall dominated the game and did enough to take the 3pts. Rotherham have too many games to play in such a short time to worry me. Wycombe and Wednesday are as good as relegated, so its one spot to avoid, my money is on Rotherham to fall.