Relegation watch

Spanish

8 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Really bad result Birmingham winning and with 2 hard games against Reading and Norwich we are still struggling to survive this season, yesterday was a great result and felt positive for a long time, then Birmingham went and won and all that faded then. Just have a feeling Birmingham will survive now and it depends on us, Coventry and Rotherham for that last relegation spot. 

Wow. What a lot of doom and gloom. Who cares what Birmingham’s result was? We’re well clear of the bottom 3, that’s all that matters. 

if Brum finish 4th from bottom or 5th from bottom, how does it make any difference to us?

the only result apart from ours (and forests) I’m looking our for each week now is Rotherham’s. Match them or better them, and we’re doing fine with room to spare. I might get a bit doom and gloomy when we inevitably loose next game and they win one. That’s my only criteria for a depressed outlook. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Wow. What a lot of doom and gloom. Who cares what Birmingham’s result was? We’re well clear of the bottom 3, that’s all that matters. 

if Brum finish 4th from bottom or 5th from bottom, how does it make any difference to us?

the only result apart from ours (and forests) I’m looking our for each week now is Rotherham’s. Match them or better them, and we’re doing fine with room to spare. I might get a bit doom and gloomy when we inevitably loose next game and they win one. That’s my only criteria for a depressed outlook. 

It is a bit doom and gloom though. 

Have a look at Rotherham's fixtures. Wouldn't be that surprised if they won at least 5 of the 11. I mean, we won 6 out of 8 in a similar position not too long a go. 

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

Have a look at Rotherham's fixtures. Wouldn't be that surprised if they won at least 5 of the 11. I mean, we won 6 out of 8 in a similar position not too long a go. 

Keep the faith

50 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I don’t think we are quite in the position yet not to worry about relegation rivals winning and getting within a couple of points of us. Take another butchers at the table and games played column, certainly nowhere near out of the woods yet, especially with Reading and Norwich to come next....

54 minutes ago, Norman said:

Small squad lots of games in a short space of time , if they did that fair play to them but I doubt they will. 

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Small squad lots of games in a short space of time , if they did that fair play to them but I doubt they will. 

Same as us then. We did it playing 3 times in a week, with a small squad. 

I think we will stay up, but to dismiss the idea as doom and gloom isn't something i would do. 

I think we will stop up this season I am more concerned about next season. If the takeover drags on any longer I think most players who are out of contract will leave for better pay and prospects at clubs with more ambition than us at the moment. Also will Rooney stop at a club with very little money to spend to attract new players?   I never wanted Mel to throw money at our football club I wanted a long term sustainable plan to get us in the Premiership .

10 minutes ago, cstand said:

I think we will stop up this season I am more concerned about next season. If the takeover drags on any longer I think most players who are out of contract will leave for better pay and prospects at clubs with more ambition than us at the moment. Also will Rooney stop at a club with very little money to spend to attract new players?   I never wanted Mel to throw money at our football club I wanted a long term sustainable plan to get us in the Premiership .

Thought we had the sustainable long term plan under Cocu ?

11 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Really bad result Birmingham winning and with 2 hard games against Reading and Norwich we are still struggling to survive this season, yesterday was a great result and felt positive for a long time, then Birmingham went and won and all that faded then. Just have a feeling Birmingham will survive now and it depends on us, Coventry and Rotherham for that last relegation spot. 

We'll get something against Norwich. Don't care how easily they're romping to the title, no team in this division is anything special.

It’ll be interesting to see how we approach the 4 games before Birmingham at home.

With us winning yesterday, with almost every other result going our way, and with an eight point gap to Rotherham being opened up, I wonder if the players will start to think it’s job done.

I really hope not because our biggest danger at the moment is complacency.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It’ll be interesting to see how we approach the 4 games before Birmingham at home.

With us winning yesterday, with almost every other result going our way, and with an eight point gap to Rotherham being opened up, I wonder if the players will start to think it’s job done.

Our biggest danger is other teams

18 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think you have to be reasonably decent to be complacent....

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

If we match them and they win their games in hand aren’t we relegated?