Morgan Whittaker - joined Swansea permanent deal

Day

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Very happy to see him go. Strength of a piece paper in a gale.

The fact we’re getting money - wow.

If they have a future % as a protection even better. If he does ever move for a  higher value that’s because Swansea progressed him - staying here he may never do that.

And can you imagine him on our current pitch lol.

Don't know Swansea's worse with them playing handball on it. 

In the he current clmate the fee Is about right for a bit part player he does have potential but lots of players at his age flit around first teams but never make it at their parent club........example Mason Bennett.

He looks a little lost in first team football and the way Wayne wants us to play probably does not suit him I think the reason we are allowing him to leave was summed up by the tackle from Hector Ingram in the final minutes yesterday he does not have that aggression in his game.

Edited by Rambalin

No point getting upset about it. As harsh as it sounds, if we're going to offload any of the youngsters I'd rather it was him than Bird, Sibley or Knight. 

He might develop in to a fine player, but right now we need bodies in. If this move enables it then needs must. 

Mel did say the academy will have to provide funds for the club and young Whitaker is a prime example of this.

£700k is probably a bit less than we’d like, but it’s a tough time and no ones got much money outside the Prem so he’ll be off.

Looks to have plenty of ability but struggles with men’s football at present and I don’t think fits the Rooney style.

So we get to bring in one or two desperately needed players and Whitaker gets the chance stay i this division and prove his worth elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Don't understand the hatred towards Whittaker. He's hardly been given a proper chance. Out of his 25 games for Derby, he's started 2 times and played the equivalent of 5.5 games. 1 goal and 1 assist in that time. Is this really a fair chance? Difficult to continue influencing games when you come on for 5/10 minutes every time you play. Looked decent in his cameo vs Norwich and just unlucky vs Stoke.

We could massively regret this because there's certainly a player there, as anyone who's watched the academy has seen. 

Why do people keep using the word hatred?! Jesus... No one is "hating" on the lad, just saying the they don't think he is good enough based on what he has shown so far. To hate would be akin to despising the boy, that is not the case from what the posters who agree with his departure. The "hate word seems to be thrown around for anything nowadays... It is not hate, it is just that he currently is not good enough and if selling him would free up some funds, then I would sooner he go than any of the other academy lads.

Edited by DanS1992

1 minute ago, DanS1992 said:

Why do people keep using the word hatred?! Jesus... No one is "hating" on the lad, just saying the they don't think he is good enough based on what he has shown so far. To hate would be akin to despising the boy, that is not the case from what the posters who agree with his departure. The "hate word seems to be thrown around for anything nowadays... It is not hate, it is just that he currently is not good enough and if selling him would free up some funds, then I would sooner he go than any of the other academy lads.

Because it's easier to use a simplistic, base term to project your own agenda then it is a more appropriate subtler descriptor. 

Ditto the thread on Gordon, I don't see anyone hating on the boy for wanting to further his career elsewhere but some are questioning his loyalty. 

13 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

From what I've seen of Whittaker he makes me think of Bamford a bit (I don't mean that as an insult).  He must be a pretty good finisher if you look at his goal stats in the youth leagues. But he doesn't have any standout attirutes in terms of pace, strength,  trickery or aggression that convince you he can play as a winger or as a centre forward. 

With the right coaching and the right set up I think he could develop into a good striker (as I begrudgingly admit Bamford has), but currently I don't think he'll get there with us. The financial situation means it makes sense for us to cash in and free up a place in the squad for someone better suited to what we need now. 

I hope he goes on to do well if he leaves (and even better if he ends up staying) 

You are right, he could turn out to have as good a career as Bamford has. 
The similarities end there though - look at much that lot down the road sold him for 10 years ago: £1.5m! He was 18 and had played 2 first team games.

We need to drive down the A52 to the dark side and ask them (as pleasantly as is possible, “could you please inform us how to extract maximum monies from young players just out of nappies. Thanks for your help”.

They’ve done this several times to their great advantage. We would have let them go for next to nowt.

WALES ONLINE

The Rams have accepted a bid worth in the region of £700,000 from Swansea for the attacker.

He is expected to undergo a medical at Swansea's Fairwood training complex on Monday.

Whittaker worked under Cooper in the England youth setup and is poised to follow Ben Hamer, Conor Hourihane and Jordan Morris in making the move to south Wales this month

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

WALES ONLINE

The Rams have accepted a bid worth in the region of £700,000 from Swansea for the attacker.

He is expected to undergo a medical at Swansea's Fairwood training complex on Monday.

Whittaker worked under Cooper in the England youth setup and is poised to follow Ben Hamer, Conor Hourihane and Jordan Morris in making the move to south Wales this month

The Conor Hourihane signing was a master stroke by Swansea, he will propel them to the Premier League. 

39 minutes ago, David said:

I’ve never judged any player by the size of his pecker. 

If you wish to discuss footballers willy sizes, other sites maybe available to you that are better suited to that type of discussion.