Morgan Whittaker - joined Swansea permanent deal

David

38 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Their groundsman lives a few miles away and he has to come in and put the corner flag in before it can be announced.

and due to social distancing rules in Wales he's not allowed in the ground so he's having to stand in the car park and lob the flag over the stand - they reckon by 6pm he'll have managed to get at least one go to land on the pitch.....

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Not sure why Whittaker thinks he will get more games at Swansea. 

They play 2 up front most weeks which might suit him more than our lone frontman system? Maybe Rooney has made it clear he can't see game time for him here any time soon.

It'll be interesting to see how much he has played at Swansea come the end of the season 

4 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

They play 2 up front most weeks which might suit him more than our lone frontman system? Maybe Rooney has made it clear he can't see game time for him here any time soon.

It'll be interesting to see how much he has played at Swansea come the end of the season 

Played from wide most in our youth teams so doesn’t make sense either. 

13 minutes ago, Srg said:

Played from wide most in our youth teams so doesn’t make sense either. 

That's interesting, I haven't seen much of our youth football so wasn't aware exactly where he played.

From his first team cameos he struck me as a striker being stuck out on the wing and not really suited to it. Presumably Cooper must rate him highly and has promised him being in rotation with the other strikers at Swansea? As far as I can see they have Lowe, Ayew and this guy Morris from the MLS

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Sounds like this one is done then. Not one that’s going to have much short term impact on our options, but I do wonder if it’s one we will regret in time... we will see...

I wonder that too but I'm trusting Wayne. I'll keep an eye on his career though, I always had a feeling Whittaker would suddenly blossom

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Not sure why Whittaker thinks he will get more games at Swansea. 

I think it's because Swanseas backup wingers/inside forwards are getting on a bit now. Wayne Routledge is still there and he's 36! Ayew is 31 and Morris who they've just got in is a loan for the rest of the season.

Looks like they've got an eye for Whittaker to be one for the future once Routledge has retired. Give him the minutes they would have given Routledge, learn the way they play and then he can hit the ground running for next season.

8 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I wonder that too but I'm trusting Wayne. I'll keep an eye on his career though, I always had a feeling Whittaker would suddenly blossom

You can’t blame him for wanting to go elsewhere for game time, to be fair. Think that’s all it comes down to, and Wayne obviously doesn’t think he’s ready yet. Difficult for us to tell based on so little game time, but he sees him everyday in training.