Morgan Whittaker - joined Swansea permanent deal

David

One of those players who will float around the first team squad or go out on loan then end up leaving on a free, may as well get some money in for him with clauses/sell on % so if he does do well we still get abit of benefit.

Id imagine another winger is coming in, then with Lawrence due back Whittaker will be nowhere near it. Even JML has overtaken him.

Jozwiak Lawrence New Waggy Ibe JML

Disappointed with that but he’s not been anywhere near the team and if Rooney doesn’t rate him enough to keep him then we’ll take the money.

Would have loved it if he’d made it with us though, all very well saying he’s not got the build but I remember Jeff Hendrick being a bit skinny one year then coming back bloody huge the next. If Whittaker bulks up, he’ll have a chance at making it.

I had watched out for him when coming through the 23s and fully expected him to step up.

like many have said he hasn’t taken his chance. He has not made himself undroppable by catching the eye and scoring goals.

When I’ve seen him at PP I mostly recall him not chasing back much when he loses the ball not for much else.

Surprised with this and feel that it’s too early to make this judgement. Give him another season to develop and who knows what level he could reach. Ability wise he has a lot in his locker, I just hope we have a substantial deal, fee appearances and sell on fees.

As others have said, he need to bulk up a little and have a little more aggression. A potential 20 goal a season championship striker IMO!

.I wondered if he had a move lined up when he wasn't named on the bench today.

Reasonable fee for a player who I don't think will ever suit Rooney's style. He's a forward who plays out wide- he's the sort to want to stay high up the pitch and pick the ball up in pockets around the edge of the box. 

It'll be interesting to see what Swansea do with him - first team, U23s or loan out