Frank Lampard

Day

10 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

I agree. Love how frank is playing young english lads who we've seen wearing our shirt.

Chelsea may not win owt this season but I have a feeling the Chelsea fans won't be bothered about that. They are in for a rollicking good season of exciting attacking football with some of the best young talent around.

There'll be 3-2's and 4-3's all over the shop.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Buzzing for Mount, Tomori and Lamps today.

I can't be the only one who wants Frank to do well? He came in, brought a buzz back to the club, united the fanbase, gave use one of the best nights of our lives and only left for his dream job. I hope they get finish in the top 4.

You're not the only one - so pleased for Tomori today & lovely to see all 3 loanees from last year have already made positive impacts this season. Just shows how spoilt we were last season! Also wish Lampard & Morris all the best, the pick up in results suggest they're learning the harsh lessons quickly. 

I can't be the only one who wants Frank to do well? He came in, brought a buzz back to the club, united the fanbase, gave use one of the best nights of our lives and only left for his dream job. I hope they get finish in the top 4.

Certainly wish the best for the two players  .  Personally, I would like nothing better than to see Lamps and his team of limpets managing Barnet in a couple of years .  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Then ducked off without a second thought . Used us a stepping stone to be where he actually wanted to be when WE gave him the opportunity and accepted him into OUR world . Enjoyed the odd bounce with him but does that make it worse ? 

47 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Chelsea may not win owt this season but I have a feeling the Chelsea fans won't be bothered about that. They are in for a rollicking good season of exciting attacking football with some of the best young talent around.

There'll be 3-2's and 4-3's all over the shop.

They could have stayed and seen some 0-3's

Tell you what, makes you realise, if you didn’t before, how good those loans were for this level. 

We scraped into 6th last season. It was a helluva ride, but ultimately that was the end result. 

The commentator on talk sport mentioned about how many points were gained by Harry’s freekicks, and who’s going to score those free kicks now?

That really hit it home for me, and this more so. 

Without Harry scoring some top draw belters, not to mention tomori and mount’s contribution, we would have been a distinctly average team, finishing in a distinctly average position. 

We’ve not replaced those players. But we were never, seriously, likely too. They were a cut above, and trying to get in 3 more loans of the same calibre would be like winning the lottery, then winning it again the next week. Not going to happen. 

So we are what we are, we have the players we have, if anyone thinks Cocu’s going for promotion this season, they’re dreaming. Top 6 would be an almighty achievement with this squad. 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Then ducked off without a second thought . Used us a stepping stone to be where he actually wanted to be when WE gave him the opportunity and accepted him into OUR world . Enjoyed the odd bounce with him but does that make it worse ? 

Behave. He left for his dream job and never pretended he wouldn’t. All concerned new it was on the cards, and just came around earlier than expected. 

If Rotherham gave you your big break, but then Derby came a-knocking, you’d do the same. I certainly would. I’d always have a soft spot for Rotherham though, and look for their results, but there’s only one place I really want to be. 

Makes you proud seeing players like those two go on to big things when we’ve played a part in their development. Both great guys too by the looks of things, really happy for the pair of them. If I’m being honest, I didn’t expect the pair to be playing at the very top this soon, but delighted for them and hope their rise continues.

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Behave. He left for his dream job and never pretended he wouldn’t. All concerned new it was on the cards, and just came around earlier than expected. 

If Rotherham gave you your big break, but then Derby came a-knocking, you’d do the same. I certainly would. I’d always have a soft spot for Rotherham though, and look for their results, but there’s only one place I really want to be. 

Ignore me , I'm just bitter ?

On 15/09/2019 at 08:36, Alpha said:

I like Tomori and Mount much more than Lamps. Perfect loans. Really came in and acted as if they were here to stay. Good players, top fellas! 

Still love watching them now. ?

Yeah - the Mount post PO final interview where he said it was a bittersweet moment to have reached the final but come up a bit short was really classy. Sad they'r not here anymore but good to see them prospering in the prem.

• 3 weeks later...

Pleased for the lad, I'm sure some will question the decision and argue he isn't ready or shown enough for the England team and others should be ahead of him, but as a Derby fan who he spent a year with and deservedly won our player of the season award, I'm made up for him. Hopefully he gets on the pitch and picks up his first cap. 

Congrats to Tomori, he’s playing at the highest level now so why wouldn’t he be worthy of the squad? Showed enough last season and has clearly already begun transferring it. I often think england jump the gun with players sometimes, but I don’t think that’s the case here. He’s ready and deserves to at least be among the squad.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Congrats to Tomori, he’s playing at the highest level now so why wouldn’t he be worthy of the squad? Showed enough last season and has clearly already begun transferring it. I often think england jump the gun with players sometimes, but I don’t think that’s the case here. He’s ready and deserves to at least be among the squad.

Plenty will write off his season at Derby for being at Championship level and question the decision based off 4 Premier League games and 2 in the Champions League.

I'm openly biased towards his selection, likewise with Mount playing ahead of Maddison. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Plenty will write off his season at Derby for being at Championship level and question the decision based off 4 Premier League games and 2 in the Champions League.

I'm openly biased towards his selection, likewise with Mount playing ahead of Maddison. 

Oh no doubt they will, but given we’ve seen a lot more of him we probably have a little more knowledge to base a view off. Whether he starts or not, I think he’s worthy of being there.