Frank Lampard

Day

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 19:16, Pastinaak said:

He's had the same effect on the mood at Chelsea as he had here. He's doing really well. England manager definitely but I can see him having 10 years at Chelsea first.

Or, he could take the England job and bang on about how lucky he feels getting the job. Then film a black and white video of himself standing on the Wembley pitch looking at the stands- maybe throw a photo of him staring at a photo of Alf Ramsey holding the world cup into the mix.

In twelve months he could have Uncle Harry on Talk sport banging on about how England can do one as the Brazil jobs become available and he's off .  We can then have 6 weeks of build up destroyed while he goes on holiday pretending he's considering his options and getting his back room staff in order.  One week before the world cup he can leave England with a couple of half arsed warm up's against Papau New Guinea and The Galapagos  and half a squad of players. Pre tournament training will be ran by Jimmy' five bellies' Gardner as no-one can be arsed to turn up and take it.

18 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Southgate, for example, was groomed for the job. I think the FA have the same idea with Lampard. 

Is he better than the others? Well, currently he’s third in the league. Unless Howe and Wilder are first and second, then, yes, he is.

You can’t say he’s beating teams he’s expected to. At the start of this season, they weren’t expecting to beat anyone. They knew they were in trouble with the transfer ban, and probably thought they’d be lucky to get away with a season like United are having. They didn’t have faith in the kids to be performing this quickly. Their 3 star performers were championship players last season. Very good championship players, but still. He’s doing a remarkable job there really. 

No one’s suggesting he’ll be offered it tomorrow, but he’s definitely on the fast track. He’ll have a few season at Chelsea, and he’ll have to prove himself there. He’ll have to win some trophies. 

Even with a transfer ban and even without Hazard, Frank still has a squad at Chelsea that would be the envy of all of the division, with the exception of maybe three or four sides.

He certainly has a far greater competitive advantage than Howe, Wilder, Dyche, Rodgers or any other British manager in the top divisions, so let’s not pretend all things are equal.

If the season ended today, would Frank win Manager of The Year for having Chelsea in fourth place? I don’t think he would.

If you want to talk about a remarkable job, look at what Wilder is doing at Sheffield United. They have 16 points from 33. They are sixth in the table. They are already 40% of the way to the magic 40. They have picked up more points against the traditional top six (four v zero) than Lampard has for Chelsea. All this has been achieved after they signed some mid-level Championship players, and for some they were even in the conversation for breaking our points total record at the start of the season.

Chelsea weren’t expected to beat anyone...Chelsea were in trouble and were primed for a season only marginally better than United’s...Do you really believe that?

You are overstating the job that Frank faced at the start of the season. The only people predicting Chelsea to finish 10th or 11th were those who were bitter about Lampard’s departure from Derby, and those who were desperate to see Chelsea crash and burn.

It was hopeful, wishful thinking. In reality, they were always going to be 6th at worst, with the pool of talent they can call upon.

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

If you want to talk about a remarkable job, look at what Wilder is doing at Sheffield United. They have 16 points from 33. They are sixth in the table. They are already 40% of the way to the magic 40. They have picked up more points against the traditional top six (four v zero) than Lampard has for Chelsea. All this has been achieved after they signed some mid-level Championship players, and for some they were even in the conversation for breaking our points total record at the start of the season.

I have a feeling the Sheffield United night end up like Blackpool. Exceeding all expectations at the start of the season, before falling away at the end. 

But I’m here to be proven wrong. 

And the same thing could happen to frank after this purple patch. 

Well just have to see where everything lands at the end of the season. 

He is definitely being groomed to be an England manager though. A lot of things have to fall into place before it ever happens, but I’m sure the fa are keeping an eye on his progress with interest. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think Wilder is a better manager than Holloway though.

I said jokingly: 'Chris Wilder is the third best manager in the world behind Pep and Klopp for what he's done with Sheff Utd.' at the start of the season. Now, I can't actually tell if I was joking or not. 

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I said jokingly: 'Chris Wilder is the third best manager in the world behind Pep and Klopp for what he's done with Sheff Utd.' at the start of the season. Now, I can't actually tell if I was joking or not. 

If things remain as they are, the Premier League managers of the season, for me, are:

1. Wilder

2. Rodgers

3. Klopp

22 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Or, he could take the England job and bang on about how lucky he feels getting the job. Then film a black and white video of himself standing on the Wembley pitch looking at the stands- maybe throw a photo of him staring at a photo of Alf Ramsey holding the world cup into the mix.

In twelve months he could have Uncle Harry on Talk sport banging on about how England can do one as the Brazil jobs become available and he's off .  We can then have 6 weeks of build up destroyed while he goes on holiday pretending he's considering his options and getting his back room staff in order.  One week before the world cup he can leave England with a couple of half arsed warm up's against Papau New Guinea and The Galapagos  and half a squad of players. Pre tournament training will be ran by Jimmy' five bellies' Gardner as no-one can be arsed to turn up and take it.

Not very original, you've just changed Julen Lopetegui and Spain for Frank Lampard and England.

On 04/11/2019 at 06:30, TigerTedd said:

I have a feeling the Sheffield United night end up like Blackpool. Exceeding all expectations at the start of the season, before falling away at the end. 

But I’m here to be proven wrong. 

And the same thing could happen to frank after this purple patch. 

Well just have to see where everything lands at the end of the season. 

He is definitely being groomed to be an England manager though. A lot of things have to fall into place before it ever happens, but I’m sure the fa are keeping an eye on his progress with interest. 

No chance, Wilder is 100x a better manager that country bumpkin Holloway. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/12/chelsea-players-fined-twenty-thousand-pounds-late-training-frank-lampard-football 

Chelsea’s manager, Frank Lampard, has imposed a strict disciplinary regime on his young squad with a range of hefty fines, including £20,000 for being late for the start of training. Players are also charged £500 for every minute they are late to team meetings.

Any player not reporting an illness or injury before a day off or an hour-and-a-half before training can expect a £10,000 fine, while lateness for treatment, medical appointments or match day departure will cost £2,500. A phone ringing during a team meal or meeting will set a Chelsea player back £1,000, as will wearing the wrong clothing for team travel or match days.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/12/chelsea-players-fined-twenty-thousand-pounds-late-training-frank-lampard-football 

Chelsea’s manager, Frank Lampard, has imposed a strict disciplinary regime on his young squad with a range of hefty fines, including £20,000 for being late for the start of training. Players are also charged £500 for every minute they are late to team meetings.

Any player not reporting an illness or injury before a day off or an hour-and-a-half before training can expect a £10,000 fine, while lateness for treatment, medical appointments or match day departure will cost £2,500. A phone ringing during a team meal or meeting will set a Chelsea player back £1,000, as will wearing the wrong clothing for team travel or match days.

Should be some sort of end of season pissup with that sort of money on the table!

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

Hope they win the euros next year and Southgate resigns and Frank takes over after one year at Chelsea.

See how they like it.

Cloughie said that he could manage England in his spare time whilst still managing a top English Club.

The hardest part of managing a club is getting the players you want signed up to play.

An England manager has a much wider player base and does not need to worry about transfer fees, wages, contracts, drink-driving etc. Frank is a top player, top manager, all round nice guy.

He could manage to juggle both jobs. 

Derby would probably have allowed this whereas Chelsea......?