Colin Kazim-Richards Fan Club

Day

The game changed when we took Colin off. We went from having an outlet up front that could win stuff in the air and hold the ball up to having Waggy; who (as much as I appreciate his effort) has the first touch of a brick wall.

Not sure if he can manage 90mins... He looked shattered after 60... But we could really do with 90 out of him against Coventry. 

Great performance and loved his passion. It’s a question of where is that passion in the rest of the team? There seems to be a real lack of characters in our team - in our position you want to see more players rallying round. 

I know it’s not remotely the same level but in all my age group teams from 10 to 18, it was drilled into all of us, even the not natural talkers, to as a team be vocal and openly passionate, encouraging the rest of the team.

Funnily enough as a team we really didn’t have that many players with great ability for our league but it was about team ethic and passion and our coach (who’s son is a professional footballer, he also managed will Hughes for a number of years in the group below, safe to say they had a very good team) really worked on that collective team spirit and enthusiasm. Fitness was key too and through this, we worked so hard as a team we somehow one season won the league unbeaten. 

But even in other seasons when we were struggling we were so determined and passionate as a team. Admittedly I don’t see this at many clubs really, bar maybe Leeds who just look so up for every battle and have so much energy. How Derby need that right now. 

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

Great performance and loved his passion. It’s a question of where is that passion in the rest of the team? There seems to be a real lack of characters in our team - in our position you want to see more players rallying round. 

I know it’s not remotely the same level but in all my age group teams from 10 to 18, it was drilled into all of us, even the not natural talkers, to as a team be vocal and openly passionate, encouraging the rest of the team.

Funnily enough as a team we really didn’t have that many players with great ability for our league but it was about team ethic and passion and our coach (who’s son is a professional footballer, he also managed will Hughes for a number of years in the group below, safe to say they had a very good team) really worked on that collective team spirit and enthusiasm. Fitness was key too and through this, we worked so hard as a team we somehow one season won the league unbeaten. 

But even in other seasons when we were struggling we were so determined and passionate as a team. Admittedly I don’t see this at many clubs really, bar maybe Leeds who just look so up for every battle and have so much energy. How Derby need that right now. 

Spot on @Ramos. Even as he was being subbed off, he was shouting to his team mates to raise their game. Brilliant. Too many of our players are doing goal celebrations that have the last word on some social media altercation (cf Holmes and his “gaming” charade) and yet show no or little passion on the pitch. CKR made me eat my words yesterday and I loved him for it. Deserves a big goal on Tuesday night ; some of his vision and touch yesterday was nothing short of, dare I say it, Martin-esque. And Credit Rooney for bringing him in from the start in contrast to Rosenior giving him 10 minutes and Cocu not even giving him that. 

Football is a simple game but over-run now with types who confuse it with chess and cod-strategy. 

28 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

The game changed when we took Colin off. We went from having an outlet up front that could win stuff in the air and hold the ball up to having Waggy; who (as much as I appreciate his effort) has the first touch of a brick wall.

Not sure if he can manage 90mins... He looked shattered after 60... But we could really do with 90 out of him against Coventry. 

Not sure I fully agree with this. Yes our performance did deteriorate when he went off for sure. 

However the turning point was when Ainsworth out foxed us by switching their system and style around and introduced Akinfenwa. Our management team had no answer!

Cocu would have been hung drawn and quartered on here if he’d have been so easily out maneuvered by Ainsworth!